Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Why though? It's a fucking kids movie lol

So you're telling me if you were stranded on a desert island and you could only take one movie with you, it would be the fucking lion king? lmao sorry bro that's strange to me. More power to you though, you do you.
The impact it had on me as a kid stuck with me, and I love the sound track

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Why though? It's a fucking kids movie lol

So you're telling me if you were stranded on a desert island and you could only take one movie with you, it would be the fucking lion king? lmao sorry bro that's strange to me. More power to you though, you do you.
Why not? The songs are great. The story's good. And circle of life theme will make me feel purposeful even if I am going to die stranded on the island.

What movie would YOU bring?

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I want to see this but iv got no friends to go the cinema with, Maybe i will go alone like a weirdo.
Be 'weird' and have a good time at the movies! I absolutely LOVE going to the movie theater alone. Lately I've been going with friends more often than not, but if they don't want to go out that's not gonna stop me from having a good time by my damn self. Same for dining out or any activities really. Enjoy yourself!

·
Premium Member
44,022 Posts
There are two times I went to the movies by myself AND I was the only one in the theater to boot.

The first Thor (which I saw on a Saturday morning before running off to do errands) and GI Joe: Retaliation (which I wanted to see and my only chance was the night before a long road trip).

It was super weird being the only body in the theater at these screenings.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
The Lion King Passes Frozen as the Highest Grossing Animated Film of All Time

Despite a lukewarm summer box office, Jon Favreau's The Lion King has been a tentpole for Walt Disney Studios. Thanks to another solid weekend at the box office, the photorealistic remake is now the highest-grossing animated film to hit theaters. Through Saturday night, the Beyoncé and Donald Glover-starring hit has grossed over $1.33 billion worldwide ($473.10 million domestically). The honor was previously held by Frozen, which finished its run with $1.28b globally and $400.73m stateside.

Before we get too far, it should be noted that yes, The Lion King is technically an animated film. Though some have called it a live-action remake, it's still classic as an animated flick due to the computer-generated natured of its characters.

It's just another win for The Walt Disney Company, which has already set a new box office record three-quarters of the way through the year. Through July, Disney movies have made upwards of $7.67b globally, a total that broke last year's record of $7.61b with five full months left in the calendar year.

The Lion King has been a massive earning for the House of Mouse, but it's nowhere close to toppling Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame. The Russo Brothers-directed movie unseated Avatar as the highest-grossing film of all-time on its way to a massive $2.79b haul.

The studio still has a few massive films in the hopper — like Frozen 2 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker — meaning the studio's bank account will grow even further. If the two films made as much as their respective predecessors, there's still at least an additional $2b for Disney to make left this year.

After taking Disney, it's attractions, and it's movie studios to new heights, chief executive Bob Iger has previously said he plans to step down when his contract expires in 2021.

“I’ve been engaged with the board for quite some time in some discussion about a succession, and they’ve been engaged in a succession process, and we continue to feel that they will be able to identify my successor on a timely enough basis so that this company has a smooth transition,” Iger said.

“I do want to say, by the way, since a lot has been said internally — and I think, probably, maybe felt now that we’ve shown this all to you — that what we’re putting forward is an aggressive strategy, and that’s very purposeful. Because we feel, obviously, that strategy is extremely important to us and we feel that if we’re going to implement it, we’ve got to be very, very serious and be all in on it. And that’s because we believe that that is the best way for this to succeed.”

Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/08/12/lion-king-box-office-passes-frozen-highest-grossing-animated-movie/?fbclid=IwAR1HAdRQGOtypoO9iHSZx4Thos3GlQPfce4VRz6bfFnypbokXaUxfwJTJGo
*Photorealistic

Disney will not stop producing these remakes. Not with multiple BILLION dollar successes such as The Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast in the bank. I predict The Little Mermaid will hit a billy too.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,869 Posts
All black cast....check
Billion dollars....check
African setting....check
Box-office records....check

Isn't this usually when people come in with the goal post shifting and "adjusted for inflation" card?

:side:

·
Premium Member
44,022 Posts
Disney is run by soulless money grubbing monsters that have mentally enslaved humanity and can get the masses to throw money at them with minimal effort.

In other news, water is wet.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
The Lion King Passes Frozen as the Highest Grossing Animated Film of All Time

*Photorealistic

Disney will not stop producing these remakes. Not with multiple BILLION dollar successes such as The Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast in the bank. I predict The Little Mermaid will hit a billy too.
And all will be quickly forgotten months afterwards. Welcome to the fast food era of cinema.

Reactions: TripleG

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
I loved this movie. I thought it was very very realistic looking and over captured the exact movie.

·
Premium Member
44,022 Posts
Is it wrong of me to say I find these Disney remakes more annoying than the Transformers movies?

At least Transformers tried to create something different. It was mindless garbage, but at least it was an attempt at creating new material.

This is just the cinematic equivalent of reheating 30 year old eggs and I expecting me to like it because I liked the eggs 30 years ago.

Heck, these make me almost nostalgic for the direct to video Disney sequels. Again, those were at least an attempt to do something different, instead of just making a lesser version of the same movie. The sequels were garbage too, but a different, less offensive kind of garbage.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Is it wrong of me to say I find these Disney remakes more annoying than the Transformers movies?

At least Transformers tried to create something different. It was mindless garbage, but at least it was an attempt at creating new material.

This is just the cinematic equivalent of reheating 30 year old eggs and I expecting me to like it because I liked the eggs 30 years ago.

Heck, these make me almost nostalgic for the direct to video Disney sequels. Again, those were at least an attempt to do something different, instead of just making a lesser version of the same movie. The sequels were garbage too, but a different, less offensive kind of garbage.
No, but like I said, fast food era of cinema. It isn't suppose to be an experience anymore, its to fill the hole. The studios get the cash and you get some entertainment, nothing more. There is no art anymore.

Reactions: TripleG
161 - 173 of 173 Posts