Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have only seen the trailer footage and some shit that was recorded from inside a cinema.

Looks awful in my opinion!

It lacks any soul, heart, passion and the vibrancy and colour that made the original film so special! Nothing but another pointless live action style remake from Disney that DID NOT need to be made considering the original nailed it from the very start.

Cinema is a lot like the WWE these days, creatively bankrupt and to compensate they rely heavily on nostalgia acts to draw in fans and make their money!

Make new things!!!!!

·
Premium Member
44,050 Posts
Aladdin was the last straw for me.

I'm not watching another one of these live action remakes from Disney.

To me, they've kind of become the new Transformers. Its just bland paste that the masses consume for reasons other than the quality of the movie.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts
I mean it's the same story as the original and most of the songs are the same. It's interesting to watch.

Only complaint that I had to note was that I didn't like Beyonce in the movie. She has the voice of a grown woman, a grown powerful woman. That's not a knock on her it's just a true statement. It didn't sound like she was a young adult, which is I think what Nala and Simba are supposed to be.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Re: The Lion King (July 19th, 2019)

Remember back in the 80s when they made a ton of remakes, but they actually did something different and in some cases surpassed the original?

Scarface, The Blob, The Fly, The Thing....all fantastic remakes that did something different from the original and I'd say all those films are better than the originals for the most part.

And heck, I'll even go into the early 90s with the remake of Cape Fear, which took the story in directions that probably weren't allowed back when the original film was released.

They didn't just make the same movie again, but in color or with better SFX. They took the time to craft a story and elements that made the remake different from what came before it so it could stand on its own.
The 80s also made a lot of original franchises. Something that really isn't being done either.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
sister and her boyfriend went to see, he apparently regards lion king as his favourite movie all time. They both said this one was utterly dreadful.

Reactions: venkyrenga

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts
I took a look at the cast after seeing the movie :

Majority of the cast is African-American (which makes sense for me) and the three comic relief characters are dubbed by white people. Now just imagine the reaction if it had been the opposite

·
Registered
461 Posts
sucked.

cliche.

boring.

directed by 'Jon Favreau' out of all people.

what else is there to say besides the crap voice acting?

even i wouldn't even wanna watch the original either. it doesn't hold up today.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
what grown man would have his favorite movie as the lion king? lol

sorry that's funny
I dunno man, would have to ask him that, I'm not his carer:laugh:

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
It’s in my top 3 (Se7en is #1)...
The Lion King and Seven. Man, there's a double feature.

Now I can't get the image out of my head of Scar showing Simba what's in the box...

Anyway, this remake sucked. I have no problem with it being exactly the same like some people do, because that's what I wanted, however, the style of animation, while beautiful, ruins this movie because there is no expressiveness in the faces. The animated movie works partly on the basis of being able to see the emotion of the characters, and the other way it works is the other thing this movie is lacking, which is a cast that's not phoning in their performances. Pretty much everyone except for John Oliver were not comparable to the original character, they all felt like they didn't want to be there. Ejiofor was insanely miscast as Scar and didn't bring any of the maniacal glee that Scar needs to have, which Jeremy Irons portrayed perfectly, and James Earl Jones, while I'm glad he was Mufasa because there was really no other choice, he phoned it in big time. In the original, his lines have passion and he sounds like an authoritative presence. He sounds like a king. Here, he sounds like he's reciting from a script. As I was listening to him say the lines, I could picture him in a VO box with a script in his hand, reading into the microphone. That should not be what I'm thinking.

Ultimately, the best thing that will come from this movie existing is when the inevitable fan edits of this movie come that replace the audio of this movie with the audio of the original. I can't imagine they'll even have to edit much, given that it is virtually a shot for shot re-make with almost no difference at all.

·
Premium Member
44,050 Posts
To be fair, I think Gregory Peck once said Lion King was one of his favorite movies.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
<---- This one right here

2nd favorite is Rocky if that helps you feel better
Why though? It's a fucking kids movie lol

So you're telling me if you were stranded on a desert island and you could only take one movie with you, it would be the fucking lion king? lmao sorry bro that's strange to me. More power to you though, you do you.

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts
Why though? It's a fucking kids movie lol

So you're telling me if you were stranded on a desert island and you could only take one movie with you, it would be the fucking lion king? lmao sorry bro that's strange to me. More power to you though, you do you.
Why would you bring a movie with you on a desert island in the first place.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,615 Posts
I saw the original at the theatre. Loved it. Don't really care about it anymore, but it's a great story.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts