Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
Re: The Lion King (July 19, 2019)

If they go photorealism for the Mufasa death that is gonna be gruesome given the height of his fall. There will be lots of blood, bones piercing out of skin and all around gore.

They're not going to do that so while they're seemingly staying very close to the animated version, I bet the death scene will be different.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts

Chiwetel Ejiofor sounds bored while reading his lines.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

Yeah critics are shitting on it which is surprising because RT bows before Disney so maybe people are slowly turning on these remakes.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

Disney aren't gonna stop churning them out until they've remade every "classic". Bad reviews or otherwise.

·
Registered
613 Posts

Whole thing just reeks of corporate suits playing it safe and looking to cash in on nostalgia but it will be a success financially, the kind of people who will buy tickets for this are those who on a Friday or Saturday night don't want to stay in and fancy a trip to the cinema to watch the latest blockbuster.
On one hand that's fair enough it's their money to spend (or waste) how they see fit on the other hand if people pay for this shit then Disney will continue the trend of remaking classics rather than attempting new stuff.

I remember reading a news article a few months ago that said in the 80's around 35% of hollywood movies were original movies. Now its down to 9%

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

Imagine the original 1994 movie then give it terrible pacing, take away any heart it had and get voice actors who don't really fit the characters. That's Lion King 2019.

Reactions: TripleG

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,020 Posts

I just saw it. Was cool seeing life like. Enjoyed the nostalgia aspect of it but didn't care for some of the voices. Still enjoyed it though

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts

Just came out the cinema, enjoyed it. Good fun.

Lack of Jeremy Irons stopped this good movie from being a great movie.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,098 Posts

Don't waste your time on this nonsense.

My fiancee made me go and I'm angry that I gave in and said yes to see it with her. Even she hated it.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,571 Posts
Just saw a few clips of this and I'm appalled how could they butcher such a masterpiece?

No emotional investment or motions that the original was famous for it's like someone on YouTube said themselves it's like watching animal planet with voiceovers.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts
(Sees how much money it made)

Jesus.

These Disney remakes really are the new Transformers.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
(Sees how much money it made)

Jesus.

These Disney remakes really are the new Transformers.
I’ll give the cast and crew for Beauty and the Beast credit... they seemed to truly understand the original and created a pretty damn good remake. Dumbo was... uh, yeah... should not have been made. Aladdin is wait and see an this ine is never see for me, especially after Dumbo.

Reactions: Undertaker23RKO

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
meh I'll wait for the lion king vs king kong crossover.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts