Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
Re: The Lion King (July 19, 2019)

I dig the "live action" trailer look. Scar is a bit off in look and the voice decision is pretty terrible though. I mean Jeremy Irons is still alive, but I guess he's not the right skin color and Disney didn't want the SJW's boycotting because a white man was voicing an African Lion.

I actually like that it seems they're going scene for scene match with the animated movie.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts

the fact that it's a beat for beat remake means this can only ever succeed as a novelty.

it'll make a billion of course but it won't be able to live in the shadow of the original. in time people will forget about it.

·
MEET ME IN RANTS
1,658 Posts

I cried when I seen the first trailer. This is my childhood I'm hyped for this shit!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

Whole thing just reeks of corporate suits playing it safe and looking to cash in on nostalgia but it will be a success financially, the kind of people who will buy tickets for this are those who on a Friday or Saturday night don't want to stay in and fancy a trip to the cinema to watch the latest blockbuster.
On one hand that's fair enough it's their money to spend (or waste) how they see fit on the other hand if people pay for this shit then Disney will continue the trend of remaking classics rather than attempting new stuff.

·
MEET ME IN RANTS
1,658 Posts

Whole thing just reeks of corporate suits playing it safe and looking to cash in on nostalgia but it will be a success financially, the kind of people who will buy tickets for this are those who on a Friday or Saturday night don't want to stay in and fancy a trip to the cinema to watch the latest blockbuster.
On one hand that's fair enough it's their money to spend (or waste) how they see fit on the other hand if people pay for this shit then Disney will continue the trend of remaking classics rather than attempting new stuff.
Congratulations. You just undersood how business works.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,219 Posts

Looks good to me.

I preferred the live action Jungle Book to the cartoon (Which I never liked in the first place) and Lion King is the GOAT Disney movie, so will always be happy to see any version of it.

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts

Yeah 2016 Jungle Book was very good IMO and I love the cartoon.

I have all faith in Favreau on this one, it looks amazing.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts

Not watching anymore of these live action remakes. The Jungle Book was crap compared to the animated version. Don't need to see Lion King, Aladdin and Dumbo be ruined either.

·
Registered
12,870 Posts

I'm a fan of Chiwetel Ejiofor... but based on the trailer the voice of Scar just isn't half as menacing as Jeremy Irons... maybe it's the lack of a British accent :lol

Strangely enough I felt the same way with the actor playing Jafar in the Aladdin remake.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

Another of endless examples of Hollywood capitalizing prebuilt fanbases and expanding the already-large demographic with a cast rich in famous names. Not sure how this will work quality-wise when, as I've seen professionals critique, the colors look so lifeliess (such a stark contrast to the Lion King's vibrant shots that added life to the film) and given how damn realistic everything looks, how are the animals going to emote?

It won't matter though, Lion King remake will surely sit atop the throne and pounce on the box office. Who knows how much this shit is going to rake in considering not only does it have the Disney machine and the allure of nostalgia behind it for a group that is now having families, but this cast is loaded with people that have legions of annoyingly loyal fans.

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts

Another of endless examples of Hollywood capitalizing prebuilt fanbases and expanding the already-large demographic with a cast rich in famous names. Not sure how this will work quality-wise when, as I've seen professionals critique, the colors look so lifeliess (such a stark contrast to the Lion King's vibrant shots that added life to the film) and given how damn realistic everything looks, how are the animals going to emote?

It won't matter though, Lion King remake will surely sit atop the throne and pounce on the box office. Who knows how much this shit is going to rake in considering not only does it have the Disney machine and the allure of nostalgia behind it for a group that is now having families, but this cast is loaded with people that have legions of annoyingly loyal fans.
Let's wait for the movie to come out before we call it shit. Some Disney live-remakes have been good.

101 - 120 of 173 Posts