Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Re: The Lion King (July 19th, 2019) *Live Action Remake*

So it looks like they made the same movie again.

Okay.
Looks like disney is doing that with all of their 90’s cartoons and they’re gonna make a killing off of if. Its a cheap cash grab but making money is the name of the game so you cant knock em

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

As much as I love the original, I have zero interest in this remake. Leaving out the greatest song from the movie didn't go down well with me either.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

No Jeremy Irons?

:tripsscust
They wanted an all black cast apparently. James Earl Jones is back so Irons should be too!

I still wonder what it would've been like had Tim Curry not dropped out of playing Scar though.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts
Re: The Lion King (July 19th, 2019)

Why would we want them to reuse old cast members from the original film?

Wouldn't that just make the remake even more pointless?

·
Baby Yoda
29,858 Posts

Looks good, but it seems really similar. May just end up being a CGI version of the original.

·
Registered
935 Posts

John Oliver as Zazu.... It actually makes sense. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

Once, just once, when Hollywood wants to make another goddamned fucking remake, it would be nice if there was someone sane in the room to just say no. There should be one designated person whose sole job is to show up at every studio exec meeting to say no every time doing a remake gets suggested. Give them a tazer gun with orders to taze every executive who wants to do a remake. Maybe after a decade or two of getting tazed for every remake suggestion, they'll actually stop suggesting them without being tazed. Or even better, in 20 years maybe they can invent a brain reading device that kills any studio exec who even thinks about suggesting a remake. If 20 years of being tazed hasn't done the trick, just start killing the fuckers. Kill 'em fucking dead.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts

Once, just once, when Hollywood wants to make another goddamned fucking remake, it would be nice if there was someone sane in the room to just say no. There should be one designated person whose sole job is to show up at every studio exec meeting to say no every time doing a remake gets suggested. Give them a tazer gun with orders to taze every executive who wants to do a remake. Maybe after a decade or two of getting tazed for every remake suggestion, they'll actually stop suggesting them without being tazed. Or even better, in 20 years maybe they can invent a brain reading device that kills any studio exec who even thinks about suggesting a remake. If 20 years of being tazed hasn't done the trick, just start killing the fuckers. Kill 'em fucking dead.
Edgy.

This will make a billion dollars. That's why they keep getting made. It's annoying as fuck, but blame moviegoers.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

Edgy.

This will make a billion dollars. That's why they keep getting made. It's annoying as fuck, but blame moviegoers.
Yeah but it would be a lot easier to kill a handful of execs than it would to kill the billions of sheep who mindlessly continue paying for this shit.

:positivity

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts

I will say that making a shot for shot remake of The Lion King with weird CGI instead of the beautiful animation of the original is fucking stupid. On top of the idea that a "live-action" version already being stupid. On top of recasting James Earl Jones making it even more pointless.

But again... billion dollars. Everything sucks.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts

I will say that making a shot for shot remake of The Lion King with weird CGI instead of the beautiful animation of the original is fucking stupid. On top of the idea that a "live-action" version already being stupid. On top of recasting James Earl Jones making it even more pointless.

But again... billion dollars. Everything sucks.
I'm not against the idea in theory. People keep paying to go see remakes and reboots and re-imaginings of classics so clearly there's something about them that calls to us. Even the users here who don't plan on going to the theater will probably catch it at home. We yearn for more of the things we love.

The thing is... if you are going to re-imagine the Lion King as a 'live action' story, then I think you need to also adapt the story accordingly and rethink the way you approach the tone. You shouldn't just do the same thing over again.

If this new version is still a whimsical cartoon, and a musical, and has all the same visuals and story beats as the original... well then that just naturally lends itself better to animation. 'Live action' will never live up.

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts

Honestly, I'll probably just do what I did with Beauty and the Beast.

Sit home and watch the original.

Reactions: zrc

·
Premium Member
44,049 Posts

Remember back in the 80s when they made a ton of remakes, but they actually did something different and in some cases surpassed the original?

Scarface, The Blob, The Fly, The Thing....all fantastic remakes that did something different from the original and I'd say all those films are better than the originals for the most part.

And heck, I'll even go into the early 90s with the remake of Cape Fear, which took the story in directions that probably weren't allowed back when the original film was released.

They didn't just make the same movie again, but in color or with better SFX. They took the time to craft a story and elements that made the remake different from what came before it so it could stand on its own.

81 - 100 of 173 Posts