Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Re: The Lion King to be remade into a live action movie

I only have one question about this remake is James Earl Jones in this or not?

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

Well I finally got around to re-watching this, magnificent film. This and Toy Story make me feel so proud to be a 90's kid.

James Earl Jones and Hugh Jackman as Mufasa and Scar :drose

Seth Rogen and whoever that other guy is as Timon and Pumba :doh Watch them butcher those parts.

Lance Reddick would be a solid choice for Rafiki. Can't see anybody else doing as good a voice and accent.

If anybody else is cast as Rafiki, :bullshit

On one hand you can understand not wanting to be literally a remake with the same actors, but if it ain't broke... Nathan Lane, Rowan Atkinson, Jeremy Irons and even Whoopi Goldberg should all be back imo. Their voices are just instantly identifiable with the characters.
And Cheech Marin.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

Leave these fucking films alone for god sake, instead of remaking everything come up with your own idea.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,815 Posts
Re: The Lion King (July 19th, 2019) *Live Action Remake*

I read about Hugh being cast earlier today, I fucking died.

Scar is my favorite from the original, and, as much as I love my husband, Hugh, Jeremy Irons will always be THE Scar.

A tear has fallen from my eye, regardless.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Hugh Jackman? Ok, I can get behind that. I would've preferred if they had just gotten Jeremy Irons to be paired up with James Earl Jones again, but Hugh Jackman is an amazing talent, so this should work.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

Jeremy Irons is scar. I don't give 2 shits, he ain't dead! Jackman is a chud choice. Can see him butchering Be Prepared as we speak.

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts

So I only just found out the Hugh Jackman thing was bull. :wtf2 One movie news site misreported it and the rest ran with it without doing research, presumably looking for clicks ASAP.

Latest rumour is Chiwetel Ejiofor is in talks for Scar and Disney have offered Beyonce $25m to play Nala and do music for the film.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

Beyonce ain't even worth tree fiddy

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts

OK so the Disney movie trailer set up for the end of the week was Lion King not Avengers.

This movie will be massive.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts

God it's beautiful between The Lion King and Aladdin Live Action films coming out, the amount of Tissues I will go through will be huge!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

It will remain an open question until viewed and digested how necessary, if at all, this film is. However, the image they are running with--little Simba stepping into presumably his father's mighty paw-print--is a winner. I love that James Earl Jones is reprising his role as Mufasa.

Reactions: zaqw222222
61 - 80 of 173 Posts