Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Moxicity
4,068 Posts
Re: The Lion King to be remade into a live action movie

.......................I don't really even know what to say.
I can quote the whole movie. I LOVE it and it's still my favorite Disney movie ever.
But holy fuck, how they gonna do it? What the fuck?
The german dub had a FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cast back then.. Oh my god man...
The music was so epic... how will they do it in the new one??
So many kids will grow up with the new version of the Lion King so it better be good.
.......Gonna sit with em in the cinama and cry :mj2

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

I should give The Lion King a rewatch sometime. I watched it one time when I was a kid but I don't remember anything that happened in it tbh.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

Not surprised at all. When I was watching Jungle Book in theatre I thought the next logical step would be turning Lion King into a live action feature. Excited for it to come out, Lion King is probably the GOAT Disney film.

·
Banned
694 Posts

I joked about this to myself. I bet they do this. But how the fck will they do this ? Real animals ? People in suits ?! Stupid!

·
Banned
6,218 Posts

How can it be live action when it's CGI???

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

Disney’s “Lion King” live-action reboot is getting in formation.

Sources tell Variety that Beyonce is director Jon Favreau’s top choice to voice Nala in the upcoming remake.

Insiders stress that the Grammy winner has not made a decision regarding the film yet, as the star is pregnant with twins. But since it’s a voice-acting role, sources say the studio and director will do whatever it takes to accommodate her schedule.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/beyonce-lion-king-remake-nala-1202019931/

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts

http://www.thewrap.com/seth-rogen-billy-eichner-play-pumbaa-timon-lion-king-exclusive/

Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner to Play Pumbaa and Timon in ‘Lion King’ (Exclusive)

Hakuna matata, Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner: The comedy stars are both in final negotiations to join Jon Favreau’s live-action take on “The Lion King,” two individuals familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Rogen will voice the role of warthog Pumbaa, and Eichner will tackle meerkat Timon.

The characters are responsible for one of the most memorable songs in the original animated film — an upbeat number centered on the Swahili phrase “hakuna matata,” which translates to “no worries.”

Representatives for the pair did not immediately return TheWrap’s request for comment. The film is currently in preproduction in Los Angeles.

The actors join Donald Glover in the lead as lion cub Simba, and James Earl Jones as his father Mufasa.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

I'm not digging these remakes. People complain about lack of originality yet people still lap them up. Stick Disney on it and it's already made a fortune.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

I still don't get why they didn't stick with more of the original voice actors, what with them bringing back JEJ. No way he fills Nathan Lane's shoes.
I am fine with them mixing it up a little. I just can't stand that particular guy. It should be a mixture of old and new IMO, otherwise why remake the movie at all if you're just going to use the same cast?

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts

I still don't get why they didn't stick with more of the original voice actors, what with them bringing back JEJ. No way he fills Nathan Lane's shoes.
Indeed. This isn't Jungle Book where all of the actors are either dead or too old for their role (in researching this, I found out Clint Howard was a voice :done ).

On one hand you can understand not wanting to be literally a remake with the same actors, but if it ain't broke... Nathan Lane, Rowan Atkinson, Jeremy Irons and even Whoopi Goldberg should all be back imo. Their voices are just instantly identifiable with the characters.

·
The face that runs the List
10,748 Posts

Thank god Timon and Pumba are secondary characters

I can't physically listen to Rogen talk for more than a minute

·
Locker Room Leader
12,142 Posts

Jackie Chan as Rafiki please.

Also, there's no conceivable way they can top the opening scene of the movie with that GOAT music where all animals gather around to get a glimpse of the prince cub Simba for the first time. What a heavenly scene :eek:kada

Or the wilderbeest stampede. Damn :mj2

41 - 60 of 173 Posts