Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this chant blow up now? I know it pops up every now and then but now that Cena owned it last night and made everyone do it, will the crowds from now on chant Cena Sucks/Lets Go Cena at more of his matches now? Kinda like when Kurt Angle turned face but still had the crowd chant 'YOU SUCK' during his theme song because he missed it so much when he was injured.

I think it would be awesome if a LOUD Cena Sucks/Lets Go Cena chant breaks out now when he starts wrestling again.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
I figured he did it so when it happend organically it wouldn't make him look foolish.
I thought it was very cool

and he said the guys should chant he sucks while the women and children chant lets go cena, so I don't think he was pre-empting.

If it did happen organiclly, he'd just say something like, he loves it when they do that, they're unpredictable, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I figured he did it so when it happend organically it wouldn't make him look foolish.
Yeah i'm with ya on that one. From now on when folk chant Cena sucks, it's gonna be like that's what he wants... the crafty devil. Its gonna seem like they're all his fans.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how long will he b gone anyways? lol 2 weeks?
Apparently he just tweeted he 'bought tix' to next weeks RAW. So not long I guess.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'd be willing to bet large amounts of money that Cena legitimately loves that chant... why wouldn't he? His entire job is to get a reaction out of people and he's spent the last few years getting a bigger reaction than anyone else in the business.
That chant pretty much proves that the WWE were correct in making him the face of the company.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Yeah here's his tweet:

Mr barrett that if he keeps taking short cuts it will come back to haunt him. Just got tix for raw in philly
I'm glad hes coming back because I'm liking Cena at the minute

·
Registered
619 Posts
Of course Cena enjoys it, if he didn't, he wouldn't celebrate his WrestleMania win against Batista with some of his haters right after the match (if you guys remember). He gets the biggest reaction from all fans and enjoys on that reaction. If people don't react to whatever he says and does, that's when it doesn't work for him. This chant is epic for sure and I think will happen more so frequently from now on during his matches. I know a lot of Cena haters doing that chant wearing his shirt. That is what makes it look all weird. But it does mean everyone is having a great time.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
It was great. I love the fact that he took it and owned it. Only Cena can get that type of reaction, and it only makes him look better when they chant it now. The perfect way to stick it to the Cena haters.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
"Fuck you Cena", "Cena Swallows", and "Orton sucks cock" are much better haha. But anyways I thought it was hilarious when Cena had the crowd do that last night.
Or Shanes a pussy chants were kinda sad because what shane did in that ring were things a pussy would never do.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
"Fuck you Cena", "Cena Swallows", and "Orton sucks cock" are much better haha. But anyways I thought it was hilarious when Cena had the crowd do that last night.
Agreed

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
This is definitely the best chant ever. One group of demographics chanting one thing in concert with another demographic chanting another thing.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I know if I were in his position I would love to recieve that type of reaction, first of all it is something different to any other face of the company and allows him to be labled as the most controversial star of all time, also I think it is a good thing being able to split the crowd up like that, usually the crowd either only cheers or boos so it is something different and I'm sure he loves it and prefers it that way.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts