Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we all know CM Punk had a real good long lengthy rein recently, which is great, but, as you may have seen just now on Raw, if you're watching Bruno Sammartino came out, who held the title for almost 8 years!!!!

Now, I know in today's product, that wouldn't happen, it also wouldn't be right either for someone to hold the title that long in today's world, however it is kinda disheartening when talent don't hold the belt for very long, the fact Punk held it as long as he did was a nice refreshing change and it also takes away any predictability on the time when someone will lose a title.

Now, the other side of me says it's always nice to see title changes and other talent holding the belt, rather than it being hogged by one talent, cause so many talents deserve a run with the belt too (even though it does often seem to be the same people winning, obviously as these guys are a draw), however what are your feelings in regards to the length of time talents hold a belt for?

It's nice to have a mix I think personally, but I'm kinda torn cause like I mentioned above I like to see other talent half the title too, which happens less when someone holds the belt for a couple of years or more, other talent miss out.

Thoughts, I thought this would be an interesting discussion?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
It became pretty clear who Punk was losing they title too about six months before it happened.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It became pretty clear who Punk was losing they title too about six months before it happened.
Possibly, but it wasn't clear as to when, I'm talking about the length that people hold the title, which is the better thing kinda thing?

·
Aggressively White
6,269 Posts
Yeah, a good mix is nice. But, not everyone can have a run with it, as it would lose prestige . It s a shame when Piper, Roberts, Hall, Morrison etc. don't get a run.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I like a bit of unpredictability. Some 4+ months reigns, a few one month reigns, a long one here or there.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, a good mix is nice. But, not everyone can have a run with it, as it would lose prestige . It s a shame when Piper, Roberts, Hall, Morrison etc. don't get a run.
Yeah,. thats what I mean, look how many talents in the past never held a belt, but deserved to, of course now we look back on talents like say Dibiase, Piper, Martel, so on and so forth, that never really had huge title runs, if any, but you;'re right about the prestige thing.

I like a bit of unpredictability. Some 4+ months reigns, a few one month reigns, a long one here or there.
Yeah, I think this is the best way really to look at it.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I am fanatical about this.Probably to the point where many will say I am acting like Cornette and need to accept that the 80's are over. I think that the rate that NWA/WCW passed the belt around in the 80's and early 90's is perfect. There is no doubt about who the top guy is, but not too anal about him losing clean. I thought they were headed in a similar direction with JBL's reign and then they turned around and let have, IMO way too meant short reigns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts