Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sitting here thinking that the last I don't know how many SDs have ended in Sheamus or some other face winning.

Unlike RAW which is doing somewhat of a better job making the heels look credible, SD seems to be focused on making sure Big Show & Sheamus in particular look strong every week, completely neglecting their opponents.

When was the last time a heel went over to close SD? I can't even think of an angle that happened with a heel standing victorious. Maybe I don't pay close enough attention anymore.

·
Registered
446 Posts
January or February I'm guessing. Daniel Bryan taking the win after he provokes Show and therefore disqualifying Henry.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
That's a very good question. It's rare for a heel to win in the main event and a major reason why being a top heel on Smackdown just makes you a top jobber in the WWE. While Raw ends with heels going over in the main event, Smackdown rarely does and it completely destroys any momentum that a heel can acquire while needlessly protecting a top face.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Del Rio over Rey is the one that sticks out the most, I'm sure that's not the latest, but it has to be at least the latest clean win.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Didnt Chris Jericho beat Sheamus via countout before Mania on SD?
Beat me to it. It was the Smackdown taped from I think Columbus, Ohio, Tuesday, March 13th.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
The booking of SD is beginning to hit the shitter (I know "beginning" probably isn't the best word but SD was at least decent until the Rumble)
It's been bad for a while now. They have an overload of heels, but WWE refuses to really add to the credibility of any of them. The booking is basically have random heels job to any face. Repeat. Del Rio moved over for some reason where there wasn't a space for him. Now Sandow and Cesaro are there along with O'Neil/Young.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Just 2 weeks ago when Alberto Del Rio def. Sheamus via DQ.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Del Rio beat Sheamus a couple of weeks back.

Something I don't know though is when did a heel team last win a 6-man main event tag? when reading the spoilers I KNEW 100% that the faces would win, and I always do, they have them like every 2/3 weeks and the faces ALWAYS win.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Del Rio beat Sheamus a couple of weeks back.

Something I don't know though is when did a heel team last win a 6-man main event tag? when reading the spoilers I KNEW 100% that the faces would win, and I always do, they have them like every 2/3 weeks and the faces ALWAYS win.
ALWAYS

I don't understand why they insist on the faces always winning. It does more for the feuds if the heels win sometime, it doesn't make a lick of sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts