Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Re: The Last of Us Part II

He was in the trailer last year so he will be in this game but I do believe Naughty Dog have said that Ellie will be the main character in the game but I expect they'll have a small playable section as Joel kinda like in the first Last of Us
If he's not playable just remove him and be done with it. I don't want to see him take a back seat for Ellie playing wise and story wise because she's "cute and has a lot of teen fans".

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts

Can't wait. Started to replay the first one a few days ago, just to feel the atmosphere again.

About Ellie - I don't have a problem with her, unlike others seem to have. She will definitely be a main character, I think it was obvious long before.

·
24,253 Posts

Can't wait. Started to replay the first one a few days ago, just to feel the atmosphere again.
Same, started a new play through yesterday. The latest trailer for the sequel got me in the mood of playing it again.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts

Nothing wrong with Ellie being the main, she's fucking badass and ND will make sure she's got character up the wazoo. They also won't be dumb enough to leave Joel out, he'll be playable for sure.

·
Bliss was good, but bad is better
1,936 Posts

I think it's going to be the opposite from the first game were you will play as Ellie for the majority of the game and Joel for only a couple of chapters.

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts

I think Laura Bailey's character will be playable so I don't think you'll play as three people. Joel will just be a background figure.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

I've got no issues with Ellie being the main focus this time. Joel's story reached it's natural conclusion at the end of the first game and it was only logical that we would follow Ellie on from that point.

My only concern is that they might kill Joel off at some point during the game. Please don't torture me like that, Mr. Druckmann :mj2

·
You're a mong.
5,399 Posts

I can see it being similar to the start of the first game with the emotional death this time being Joel.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

about to replay the first one, pretty much forgotten a ton of it cos it was 2 years ago when i played it

gonna be like playing it blind again, more or less

·
E:16
6,195 Posts

I'm not too bothered if Joel goes, I remember how much Clem grew as a character after you know what happened and what a massive impact it had. I still think it's one of the best parts of the entire story.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

so basically last of us is kind of following the walking dead series.

you play as a character in order to introduce you to a character that isnt old enough to actually do anything of real use on her own so then it can transfer you over to the other character in the 2nd installment so you can see how much shes grown as a person.

I personally think it will be a shame if joel is hardly in this one and was basically only a tool but then I said that about Lee in walking dead and he only showed up again in a short flashback.

I dont mind ellie but Id rather keep them as a pair and see their relationship fracture as a result of what he did in the first game which could end up with joel sacrificing himself to save her if need be which might happen but it doesnt seem like that will be the entire story of the game and joel will be gone well before the end.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

"Well, so, Ellie used to be an NPC, but she’s the protagonist in this story, so the player is controlling Ellie," Game Director Neil Druckmann told BuzzFeed. "It’s safe to say with the game that we made in the past that there will be some NPC with you in this story, even though we’re not showing [the NPC] in this demo."
:hmm:

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

wouldnt be surprised if they are going that "I am legend" relationship route of ellie and her dog.

It will almost certainly be a dog imo. They wont introduce a new human NPC companion and a dog seems the most befitting of animals to use. Im sure Joel will be in there though, his presence is probably just a a big part of the plot and don't want to spoil anything for the sake of confirming his inclusion. The dog also keeps ellie on her own without actually being on her own. Its quite a good device.

maybe the game will start with the idea that joel is dead and shows up as a shock later.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts

Yeah, I'll wait and see before I believe it. Either way, I'm still stoked.

Reactions: DOPA

·
Bliss was good, but bad is better
1,936 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if it does come out this fall. With Sony not being at E3 this year, I bet they will release new trailers with release dates for TLOU 2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima after E3 so that they can take the spotlight away from whatever Microsoft/Nintendo announce with the big news being that TLOU 2 will come out a couple months later.

121 - 140 of 417 Posts