Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 417 Posts

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Re: The Last of Us Part II

Exactly :lol. The MP was fantastic, so good I fell out of the CODs and Battlefields. So tense, even better when playing with friends @Dub

:done

Last Of Us is legit one of my favourite games. The story is fucking perfect and it had great DLC with Ellie, too.

Stoked as fuck for the sequel.
I got the remastered version when it was announced and beat it again but I've never played Left Behind or whatever the dlc was called. Heard it was short but great.

Not excited about this in the least. The first was overrated as hell. Nothing in the game made me feel like it was supposed to. I wasn't sad, I wasn't moved to tears. It was a generic "run and sneak" zombie game.

Naughty Dog should have just went with doing an Uncharted game featuring Sam and Sully. I'd buy the hell out that.
Thanks for letting us know.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts

:YES

Get the obby the fuck outta here tbh

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,402 Posts

I got the remastered version when it was announced and beat it again but I've never played Left Behind or whatever the dlc was called. Heard it was short but great.
It was relatively short but equally as good and strong as the main game IMO in terms of how it portrayed the story of Ellie growing up with her best friend, things they got up to as kids, and how it all came about. Gave you even more appreciation of and for Ellie TBH and more of a connection, before or after you have played the main game.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

I hope we get some Infected vs Human encounters like they gave in the Left Behind. Nothing like sitting back with an evil chuckle, watching runners and clickers rip throats out.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)

As should be expected, Ellie will be the playable character this time around.

Ellie will be the lead playable character in The Last of Us Part 2, Naughty Dog has revealed in a panel session at this year's PlayStation Experience.

Neil Druckmann took to the stage with Troy Baker - who plays the returning Joel, the main playable character in the first game - and Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

Details were understandably thin for a game that's not due out for a while - and the trailer was intended for next year's E3 but Naughty Dog elected to show it at this year's PlayStation Experience - but Druckmann did give a broad view of what to expect.

The story is set five years after the first game, with Ellie now 19 years old. "If the first game, the theme was the love between these two characters... This story's the counter of that," said Druckmann. "It's about hate."

The Last of Us' original end drew lots of praise, leading many fans to believe the story of Joel and Ellie did not need a sequel - something Druckmann addressed.

"So much thought went into this - I know there's trepidation about going back to these characters. We feel that as well. No-one loves these characters more than we do, and we wouldn't do it if we didn't have the right idea. I had ideas with different characters and it didn't feel right. The Last of Us is about these two characters. All I ask is that fans of the first one put some faith in us - we're going to do right by you."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-03-ellie-is-the-lead-character-in-the-last-of-us-part-2

·
Banned
4,268 Posts

TLOU is a great game...the first time you play it.

I tried playing it a second time and it was just too predictable and I always feel a truly great gaming experience has to have replayability.

So for this one, I hope they introduce larger environments and a larger variety in how you play through each section. ND are great at strong narratives and holding your hand while you play...it's time for them to cut loose.

·
Turning the paige
3,251 Posts

I wonder if this will be late ps4 era or ps5.

So excited, loved everything about the first one and feel this game will be worth it just for the scene if Joel admits to Ellie what happened.

Was a little hesitant half way through that trailer that Joel wasn't going to be in this one, but glad he appears to be even if it is a reduced one this time around.

·
B̴l̨e͡edįng͜ Sin ⛧
10,403 Posts

Maybe this one will be good and not average like the first :meowth but its 2016 Naughty Dog so probably not :mj2

·
Devoted Blissfit
1,095 Posts

It's...it's...beautiful.

I can't fucking wait. :mark:

21 - 40 of 417 Posts