Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 417 Posts

·
24,253 Posts
Re: The Last of Us Part II (21st February 2020)

From Neil Druckmann's post over at the Playstation Blog...

Thank you for being patient with us. Very patient. Even though we’ve been eager to share more about The Last of Us Part II and tell you its release date, we wanted to wait until we were close to wrapping up production and we were confident in the date itself. We have a bunch of new stuff to share with you today… starting with the fact that on February 21, 2020 the Last of Us Part II can finally be in your hands.

We began working on this game over five years ago. It’s hard to describe the immense pressure of following up the first game. We know how much you love this world and its characters — especially Ellie and Joel. Believe me, we’re fans as well. We love them. Which is why we spent years crafting a game that we feel will do them justice, telling a nuanced story that deals with the core question: how far would you go to exact justice against the people that hurt the ones you love? It’s a highly emotional story with complex themes that befit the world of The Last of Us. What we realized pretty early on is that we were putting together Naughty Dog’s most ambitious and longest game in our 35 year history. To tell this kind of story the game needed to be massive. Without spoiling too much, at the top of this post you can watch the brand-new trailer that we debuted earlier today on State of Play, which just scratches the surface of what the game has in store.

[...] Hold on. We’re not done. Today, journalists from all over the world are going hands-on with two new levels at a press event in Los Angeles–playing roughly three hours of the game! Thankfully, you won’t have to wait long to see and hear more about it. Their impressions and videos will be going live this Thursday, September 26 around 8:00am PT, or, as many fans of The Last of Us know it: Outbreak Day.

Excited to see how big the game will be. Maybe it will even be a semi open world game with a map similar to the hub area in Lost Legacy where you could go into many different directions. Expecting a linear story which is how it should be since that's Naughty Dog's forte but with a bit more freedom when it comes to traversing the world.

Also looking forward to all the info journalists will be sharing from those 3 hours they are getting to spend with the game.

·
24,253 Posts

Game Description and details...

Five years after their dangerous journey across the post-pandemic United States, Ellie and Joel have settled down in Jackson, Wyoming. Living amongst a thriving community of survivors has allowed them peace and stability, despite the constant threat of the infected and other, more desperate survivors. When a violent event disrupts that peace, Ellie embarks on a relentless journey to carry out justice and find closure. As she hunts those responsible one by one, she is confronted with the devastating physical and emotional repercussions of her actions.

A Complex and Emotional Story:
Experience the escalating moral conflicts created by Ellie’s relentless pursuit of vengeance. The cycle of violence left in her wake will challenge your notions of right versus wrong, good versus evil, and hero versus villain.

A Beautiful Yet Dangerous World:
Set out on Ellie’s journey, taking her from the peaceful mountains and forests of Jackson to the lush, overgrown ruins of greater Seattle. Encounter new survivor groups, unfamiliar and treacherous environments, and terrifying evolutions of the infected. Brought to life by the latest iteration of the Naughty Dog engine, the deadly characters and world are more realistic and meticulously detailed than ever before.

Tense and Desperate Action-Survival Gameplay:
New and evolved gameplay systems deliver upon the life-or-death stakes of Ellie’s journey through the hostile world. Feel her desperate struggle for survival through improved features such as high-intensity melee combat, fluid movement, and dynamic stealth. A broad variety of weapons, crafting items, skills, and upgrades allows you to personalize Ellie’s capabilities to your play style.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts

I love how the trailer first suggests they actually killed off Joel right off the bat before she goes on a vengeance path. But the reveal at the end is so great. Looks like they killed off her female friend instead.

This is gonna be sick :mark

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

This is probably like the basement part! :dead2

Please have more sections like the hotel basement. I've enjoyed hearing stories about people being scared shitless and trying to hightail it the hell out of there, once they started the generator, lol. Don't blame them though, I've played that part so many times and it's still a heart racer for me, no matter how fast I bolted to the exit.

·
24,253 Posts

Please have more sections like the hotel basement. I've enjoyed hearing stories about people being scared shitless and trying to hightail it the hell out of there, once they started the generator, lol. Don't blame them though, I've played that part so many times and it's still a heart racer for me, no matter how fast I bolted to the exit.
That part was quite something on grounded difficulty.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts

Ugh, that Clicker sound just set off my PTSD from the first game... :argh:

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

That part was quite something on grounded difficulty.
Yeah, especially the second part. I always had to lay a bomb trap by the hallway leading to the exit. Sometimes, there would be a Stalker, waiting around the corner for an ambush. I agree with Joel when he says he hates those things.

Thankfully, that part didn't trip me up too much on Grounded.

Reactions: Dolorian

·
Sacrificed It All, To Enrich My Life For A Second!
5,047 Posts

Awesome trailer and the graphics look incredible. I was a huge fan of the first The Last of Us; such a compelling, emotional and heartfelt story from start to finish, the stealth and combat was a lot of fun, the infected were creepy and I always remember being freaked out when you would walk by a building or inside a room and you'd hear banging on the walls/pipes as if someone was in there but they never revealed themselves. A very atmospheric game that did the horror elements well, kept the action fun, the story enthralling throughout and made it fun to explore also and see Joel and Ellie's travels and the people they crossed paths with or ran into.

I always remember in the first game when you're going through the sewers and picking up the notes left by the people and finding out what happened to every body including the children... it was so sad but I was really engaged and intrigued by the story of these characters you'd never met, especially the main guy Ish, I was fully captivated by his story.

I can't wait for this game and I like the fake-out it had where I thought, "okay Ellie's female friend/girlfriend has died... no wait it might be Joel... no, there's my main man Joel!" It's going to be great seeing Ellie and Joel again.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

I always remember in the first game when you're going through the sewers and picking up the notes left by the people and finding out what happened to every body including the children... it was so sad but I was really engaged and intrigued by the story of these characters you'd never met, especially the main guy Ish, I was fully captivated by his story.

I can't wait for this game and I like the fake-out it had where I thought, "okay Ellie's female friend/girlfriend has died... no wait it might be Joel... no, there's my main man Joel!" It's going to be great seeing Ellie and Joel again.
Nice touch they did with those Ish notes. Making you wonder what happened to someone you never met. I always like to think he got away once you read that last note about him being strong for this woman. It would be great if we found out more about what happened to Ish in the sequel, but it'll probably continue to be left up to imagination.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts

Please have more sections like the hotel basement.
Along with Bandits/Hunters/Cultists fighting Infected. They probably made improvements from the "Left Behind" DLC.

This part would of made me pause to retry again. Unless Ellie has a dodge roll ability, then maybe it would be alright. :lol

I've enjoyed hearing stories about people being scared shitless and trying to hightail it the hell out of there, once they started the generator, lol.
Same.

Yeah for me the hardest part on Grounded was this:

You really have to make every single action/ammunition count there.
I dislike this chapter alot, but the scene in the end makes up for it. :JLCsad

I still wonder what Joel would have done if he got there earlier.

A Beautiful Yet Dangerous World:
Set out on Ellie’s journey, taking her from the peaceful mountains and forests of Jackson to the lush, overgrown ruins of greater Seattle. Encounter new survivor groups, unfamiliar and treacherous environments, and terrifying evolutions of the infected. Brought to life by the latest iteration of the Naughty Dog engine, the deadly characters and world are more realistic and meticulously detailed than ever before.
Can't wait to see the interaction between Ellie and these three.

No doubt, the lady with the hammer is going to be a playable. Joel's going to be like Tess, Bill, Tommy isn't he.

Probably not for very long, though. My prediction is that group that killed the girl will kill Joel too and we won't get a happy ending. :mj2
There's not going to be a happy ending for Joel....

He's probably going to tell her the truth, and he'll end up dying afterwards or sometime later.

When Ellie ends up taking and wearing his watch. It's going to be heartbreaking. :(

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts

There's not going to be a happy ending for Joel....

He's probably going to tell her the truth, and he'll end up dying afterwards or sometime later.

When Ellie ends up taking and wearing his watch. It's going to be heartbreaking. :(
You're killing me, man :jose

Maybe they'll pull a swerve, and they'll live happily ever after? Any chance? :deandre

·
Registered
1,781 Posts

After watching the trailer I immediately pre ordered the collectors edition. In the latest trailer Ellie’s arm is shaking again. Could be nothing but they wouldn’t show it in 2 trailers.

Reactions: Dolorian
181 - 200 of 417 Posts