Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Ellie will be the lead playable character in The Last of Us Part 2, Naughty Dog has revealed in a panel session at this year's PlayStation Experience.

Neil Druckmann took to the stage with Troy Baker - who plays the returning Joel, the main playable character in the first game - and Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

Details were understandably thin for a game that's not due out for a while - and the trailer was intended for next year's E3 but Naughty Dog elected to show it at this year's PlayStation Experience - but Druckmann did give a broad view of what to expect.

The story is set five years after the first game, with Ellie now 19 years old. "If the first game, the theme was the love between these two characters... This story's the counter of that," said Druckmann. "It's about hate."

The Last of Us' original end drew lots of praise, leading many fans to believe the story of Joel and Ellie did not need a sequel - something Druckmann addressed.

"So much thought went into this - I know there's trepidation about going back to these characters. We feel that as well. No-one loves these characters more than we do, and we wouldn't do it if we didn't have the right idea. I had ideas with different characters and it didn't feel right. The Last of Us is about these two characters. All I ask is that fans of the first one put some faith in us - we're going to do right by you."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-03-ellie-is-the-lead-character-in-the-last-of-us-part-2

·
7,422 Posts
Re: The Last of Us Part II

I would've thought that Ellie would've killed Joel after he lied to her about the Fireflies at the end. But I'm fucking stoked.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

Bro I damn near fucking cried.
I've been running around my house like the biggest loser for the last 10mins.

·
7,422 Posts

My hands and legs are shaking like a bitch lol.

I hope the multilayer improved though. Because it was ass cheeks.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So the rumors of it appearing at PSX were true. Never would have expected it, thought they would have saved an announcement this big for E3 (but I guess with that reasoning, also makes this the perfect time to announce this game!).

Nonetheless, thanks for not being complete shit this time, Sony! <3

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

Im kind of bummed they went ahead with another Last of Us. I thought the game was perfect the way it was and felt that it didn't need a sequel and wished Naughty Dog left it . Though in saying that, I am pretty excited

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Post by Neil Druckmann on the Playstation Blog earlier today:

Let’s cut to the chase: the sequel to The Last of Us is happening, and it’s called The Last of Us Part II.

I can’t tell you how satisfying it is to finally be able to say that Ellie and Joel are back for another intense, harrowing, and emotional adventure. Like many of you, we have a deep love for the world of The Last of Us and its characters, and while a sequel may have seemed like a foregone conclusion, that wasn’t the case. We knew that it needed to be a story worth telling and, perhaps more importantly, a story worthy of Joel and Ellie. After spending years on different ideas (and almost giving up), we finally uncovered a story that felt special—a story that evolved into an epic journey.

It’s still early days for the project—the game’s release is a ways off—but we couldn’t wait any longer to give you a glimpse of what’s to come. We’re going to let the trailer (coming soon to this post) speak for itself, but expect more information about The Last of Us Part II in the coming months.

In the meantime, if you’re at PlayStation Experience today or watching the livestream from home, don’t miss our panel at 2:00pm PT where I’ll be joined by Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker to talk about the reveal. Keep an eye on Naughty Dog’s channels to see more of what we’re up to this weekend.

Until next time, endure and survive!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/the-last-of-us-part-ii/

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS EARLIER

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,829 Posts

Not excited about this in the least. The first was overrated as hell. Nothing in the game made me feel like it was supposed to. I wasn't sad, I wasn't moved to tears. It was a generic "run and sneak" zombie game.

Naughty Dog should have just went with doing an Uncharted game featuring Sam and Sully. I'd buy the hell out that.

1 - 20 of 406 Posts