Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 3024 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,717 Posts

I've seen this movie several times and always thought it was pretty underrated in terms of Tom Hanks performances. Some of the plotlines are kinda ridiculous though. I don't really buy either one of the love stories. Very charming flick though.

·
The face that runs the List
10,748 Posts

Liked this a lot, Kunis and Timberlake have an incredible chemistry. Some lines and scenes are really funny and it's quite different from most American comedies, it wasn't too cheesy either.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

I hate to strive for hyperbolic all the time, but this may be Hitch's wildest, most lurid film of the bunch. And yet, its amazingly dry in approach. The Trouble With Harry is justified in being labeled comedic, yet I never see this put up next to it. It's rather hilarious w/how Hitch takes liberties through the absurd/irony of the entire situation. One pair of liars/cheats/con artists looking for a buck reflecting another. And it's proper gritty in design (at times) to mesh w/the make up of common American 70's cinema, matching up w/its acidic tone. A great final ride from the Master. He continued to evolve as the decades changed.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,361 Posts

Never heard of it before this morning. Ended up being pretty decent.

Reactions: Blackbeard

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
A Good Day To Die Hard (2013)
Extremely disappointing. Bruce Willis clearly phoning it in and constantly saying he's on vacation. Jai Courntey is absolutely terrible and the storyline and camera work during the action scenes is a convoluted mess. 3/10

·
Registered
21,618 Posts

I watched Lion yesterday and thought it was thoroughly brilliant. Then when I realised it was a true story, it pushed it up another level. I'd really recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts

I forgot, I watched Dead Man's Curve a couple days ago and thought it was surprisingly awesome. I have a bit of a little love for 90's college movies and Matthew Lillard so both combined was superb. A nicely told story but nothing Oscar worthy, great fun though.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Holy shit Horror is literally dead. It's a fact that keeps slapping me in the face as I want to refuse it, but good grief. Garbage like this proves you can't escape it.

Dunno if it is more infuriating or embarrassing, but I'm gonna look at it as both & wish its existence leaves this Earth in no time.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Watching LaLa Land only confirmed that I'm in love with Emma Stone. And not in some "Oh I love her she's a great actress" way. It's true love.

She's as charismatic and stunning in this movie as anybody has ever been in anything. Not to mention Ryan Gosling is stellar as usual.

As a complete package its an instant classic with one of the most clever ending scenes ever created. It isn't without its frustrations along the way but not enough to Be anything more than slight annoyances.

I'll definitely watch LLL for the rest of my life.

Too bad it isn't in 48+ fps 3D.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Born Into Brothels (2004)
I understand what the documentary makers are trying to do, provide the children with hope and opportunity to grow and nurture themselves and to live a better advantageous life and I commend them for that. There's beautiful photographs taken by the children, but there's also hardship and struggles along the way, it wasn't comfortable seeing children being yelled at by their parents and the subtitles made it feel worse, but these children were forced into where they were, it wasn't as a result of choice, yet even with these struggles they're still happy and they sing and dance with each other. 7/10

A Silent Voice (2016)
I didn't cry, but this movie did make me feel morose and ponder about life and whom we judge and interact with. This movie has gorgeous visuals, such as the first-person rollercoaster and fireworks display scene. They are both a marvel to witness. It might be overbearing with its drama and pissing contests between characters, but I didn't mind it, overall the story is light hearted and the animations and characters were nice. 8/10

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,361 Posts

It's got nothing on Jaws, but I liked it.

Pretty average, could definitely have benefited from more action.

Pure garbage :goaway

·
Stay Fearless
7,382 Posts

Not even a big fan of the X-Men movies but Logan just might be the best Marvel movie that I've seen.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Through the eyes of reality you can watch someone trapped in a nightmare, a hog can eat a video tape, & everyone is telling you what you're seeing isn't actually happening.

What a horrifying and brilliant philosophy. The entrance to the Los Angeles labyrinth is one jokingly referred to require patience, but rather, an acceptance of nihilism. A Dupieux cinematic practice, at 4 times over, shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. Inverted verisimilitude. Little to no evidence providing anything as a notion of reality. Said to be a dream, constantly within a nightmare, yet how could it be truly decided that none of this is taking place? We're just refusing to believe it. Absurdity of life or derealization. Verdict is open-ended.

Meanwhile, the four sides of the frame, which cinema appears to dwell in, are decimated as the aura of this deconstruction bleeds out onto perceived actuality. Formalism by way of eczema attack. On the inside, on the inside of your head.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Diary of the Dead (2007)
I didn't like this one. From the cheap jump scare tactics such as the old knock on the door accompanied by a loud noise and it turns out its just a friendly schtick, to the found footage shaky cam during the action scenes and the dumb forgettable characters. At least the defibrillator zombie kill with the eyes popping out was amusing. 4/10

American Honey (2016)
Initially I thought this was a trashy film. It's a 2 and a half hour movie and I still think that rat tail on Shia Lebouf is filthy, but it was entertaining to see him outrage. Not a bad debut for Sasha Lane, she's got some interesting tattoos and her performance was great when the scenes solely focused on her. The music used here is modern pop and rap music, in which the group of people were having fun and singing along with each other, even though they are delinquents. 6/10

81 - 100 of 3024 Posts