Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3023 Posts

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Men & Women defending their own world. It's not about death. It's about LIFE.

The tournament acting as a proxy of destiny. Culminating through a labyrinth of battles taking place within the confines of an island. It's a puzzle that's not altogether puzzling, but something that is best taken outside of consciousness. (aka OUTWORLD) A battle between dimensions built upon death for the losers, yet the foundation of the fight is formatted w/a strict procedure & enforced rules. Discipline of martial arts, discipline of human actions. Meaning to be applied in concert for those who wish to succeed. Face your fear, face yourself, face your destiny.

I've warmed up so much to PWSA, it's quite a turn of events. Always did love this, but noticing all the traits throughout Mortal Kombat that tell me this is absolutely one of his films, well, it made the experience that much more satisfying.

·
Le Champion
18,715 Posts

Not really my type of movie but I can understand why people love it. Had some really good scenes and a great performance from Robin Williams but I just felt like it took forever to accomplish anything.
Save

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Without a Paddle (2004)
This is one of those movies where you really have to turn your brain off to gain the full benefit. It is an adventure movie, but it has really annoying main characters especially Seth Green, with lame jokes. It's forgettable. 4/10

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Bad Reputation, 2005

I was suckered in by some comments about it being a modern "Last House On The Left" or "I Spit On Your Grave". It is not.

Rape Revenge, as a sub-genre has to be done well. This is acted pretty badly, and made on a really limited budget, meaning that the scenes of revenge lack good blood/gore effects, and so lack the impact that they need. I can't recommend that you seek it out. It's just not worth 90 minutes of your life.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
I am watching Darkman right now, so that one.

Reactions: Reaper

·
Registered
460 Posts
Boyz N the Hood- Amazing movie. Ice Cube as Doughboy was my favorite character 8.6/10
Friday- This was a decent comedy but nothing special 6.5/10
Menace ll Society- another great movie I didn't really like Caine but I guess you aren't supposed 8.2/10
I'm white but I've been in the mood for some hood movies for some reason

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

Well that did a number on me.

A fragmented mix of triggering ASMR, making me hyperventilate, & proving why I've been worshiping Natalie Portman all my life, I'm a bit of a loopy wreck as I type this. Far more haunting than one may assume it to be, under the guise of telling a story about an individual living through the worse week of her existence.

She's a ghost. She's living in the shadow of power. She's alone in a tomb. She's cracked. She's torn. She's battered. She's mad. She's scared. She's gonna scream. She's hurt. She's lonely. She's wanting to die. She's told to hide. She's got regret. She's cynical. She's pessimistic. She's indecisive. She's questioning all things she once knew. She's passionate. She's powerful. She's strong willed. She's a Mother. She's a wife. She's a widow. She's an editor. She's gonna keep going. And she's gonna make you remember.

I need a cigarette. Preferably one Portman herself has already lit.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The Last: Naruto the Movie (2014)
Kind of funny how significant, a scarf could be in this movie. The romance in this story could be described as perhaps over the top and too melodramatic, but I liked the end result shown in the credits and post credits scene. There are flashbacks to the series and majority of the side characters are just there and do next to nothing, with a few cameos lasting only for a few scenes. Main characters are way too overpowered, but I do like some of the action and the artistic atmosphere and coloured light shows from the animation. 7/10

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

Terrible story. Horrendous acting. Shallow characters. Untimely and stupid deaths. Incredibly derivative plot. Uninteresting character origins. Flawed motivations. Disgusting use of savages as props. Terrible all around.

Great CGI and worth only watching for the creatures and fights and that it's part of the monsterverse and same universe as godzilla. But that's about it.

Everything else is trash including Hiddleston who's clearly only there cashing a cheque.

Worse than The Great Wall.

3/10

·
Registered
3,791 Posts

Cast Away (2000) - 6.5/10

Had some decent expectations having heard good things about it. Surprised I'd never seen it until now, very average movie. Was disappointed.

21 - 40 of 3023 Posts