Wrestling Forum banner

3021 - 3029 of 3029 Posts

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Watched the new psych movie and was super disappointed. They pretty much didn't even need the main character of the show to solve any of the crimes.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts

6/10 - Good movie. Chuck Norris at his best.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,111 Posts

I re-watched Final Destination. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, and just a movie I really can shut my mind off and enjoy. I love how dark & supernatural this one is, and whilst the kills aren't as elaborate I prefer it. It just has a much darker tone, and Tony Todd makes so much of a small role.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I watched two great movies recently I highly recommend

Sci-Fi

and a great Doco on Netflix

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,111 Posts

Midsommar

Slow moving, but captivating film. Not quite as good as Hereditary, but worth watching if you have the patience for it. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,108 Posts
I've had Disney + for months now and this is the first time I've watched anything from the Marvel section, go figure...

Iron Man Trilogy

Iron Man
This has got to be one of the luckiest movies ever made, working with an unfinished script, a has-been star and a cheap producer and about a superhero few people really cared about. Considering what was riding on it Marvel should be thanking the gods all pieces somehow managed to fall directly into place. I remember seeing it with two others at the theater with low expectations (it was Black Sabbath that got us in there, not the character) and remember being surprisingly satisfied with it being different enough to endear me: the terrorist opening, he doesn't get the girl, he deliberately reveals his secret identity and obviously RDJ's performance (I didn't stay after the credits, rookie mistake). It's the origin movie every other origin movie since then wants to be and it still holds up well, soundtrack is killer and huge factor in its quality.
8.5/10

Iron Man 2
Disappointing sequel considering it had the potential to aim for greatness but just settled for acceptable, I suppose I can understand why the villains Ivan Vanko and Justin Hammer are given short end of the stick in favour of hyping the first Avengers movie as in boiling it down to long term vs short term success. The movie is still perfectly watchable and RDJ carries the movie just fine but he has less chemistry with Don Cheadle than Terrence Howard but just carries a lazy vibe with it and relative ease in which Whiplash is defeated (twice, no less) is souring. Having AC/DC dominate the soundtrack rather than just contribute is a move I don't really understand but it's still a cool soundtrack.
6.5/10

Iron Man 3
The twist overshadows everything else in this movie to the point that I assume your feelings on the movie are probably based on how you feel about the twist, for me... I did not like it. I am not a comic purist but I feel if you're going to change things from the source then it needs to be for the better. This was not better. I cannot help but be bitter that the amazing movie sold to me in the (incredible) trailer wasn't the one I got and at the end of the day the villain Ben Kingsley plays in the Mandarin segments is considerably more compelling than the one Guy Pearce plays at end (and I usually think Pearce is good in everything) - basically trading The Mandarin for Aldrich Killian is like trading AC/DC for Eiffel 65... So my memories about this revolve around bitterness and I'm sorry but re-watching it did nothing to redeem it for me. Also, soundtrack sucks compared to the other two.
6/10

Overall this is a really uneven trilogy and honestly I think, discounting the first one, the crossovers served the Tony Stark character better than his own movies did.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
and a great Doco on Netflix

I see you are from Australia.... Did you see the 3 brothers on '60 Minutes Australia' on Sunday night? The doco you saw was aired later Sunday night.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts

8/10 - Despite the sickening accusation, this is a great true-crime documentary. I look forward to seeing how much compen$ation Greg Kelley receives for wrongful conviction as he very well could have been an NFL player.... loss revenue could very well be alot of money.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I see you are from Australia.... Did you see the 3 brothers on '60 Minutes Australia' on Sunday night? The doco you saw was aired later Sunday night.
Saw the ad but didn't watch 60 minutes. That show is absolute trash, might as well watch a current affairs.

3021 - 3029 of 3029 Posts