Wrestling Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3028 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts

Just watched this and while it is a little on the predictable side. It was still a very good movie and I thought Mary J. Blige was also great in the lead role. 6/10

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just watched Saturday Night Fever for the first time yesterday. I've always heard this movie was a classic, but I was disappointed. Travolta's acting is great, but the way the story plays out is just so depressing. The protagonist has some huge character flaws. Certainly not a feel good movie.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,345 Posts
Wonder Woman last night. Sooooo much better than Captain Marvel. Blew that shit out of the water. And Gadot is great in it, and absolutely goregous.

Clockwork Orange earlier today. An absolute classic.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts

8/10 - This is actually a good film. Goes for 2 hours and something is always happening... no 5 minutes of padding here and there.
Some things I noticed....
  • Pete Davidson's fake teeth don't fit him properly, too white and too big for his mouth.
  • Did not recognize Pamela Adlon in her 1st scene, she must have just recently been to have some 'Face Work' done and her face was too puffy. The other 2 scenes I could recognize her.
  • Very good performance by Judd Apatow's daughter Maude Apatow (who plays Pete Davidson's sister).
  • When did Marisa Tomei start playing 'Mom' roles ?

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,102 Posts

It Chapter Two
I admit I found the first one good but slightly overrated but finally seeing Chapter 2 made me appreciate Chapter 1 a lot more, while that one did have its ridiculous moments (that Leper guy, namely) this one went full on Raimi - not that I don't love Evil Dead but there's a reason those movies aren't over two and half hours long... and yeah this would've been better if it was slightly shorter and it would've made more sense if Mike had been the one studying the town in the first one instead of Ben (as I am told is the case in the book) but I did like the cast and had no trouble believing they were the Losers Club grown up.

Ultimately I thought it was decent if not up to the standard of its predecessor. ***

Reactions: They Call Him Y2J

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts

7/10 - Good film, although, the 2nd hour is better than the 1st hour. I was kinda ready to turn off at the 60th minute mark, but continued on.

I have read that some people who have seen this, say that it is similar to 'The Fault In Our Stars (2014)' film.

·
52,345 Posts
10 Things I Hate About You. Definitely my favorite 90's teen movie. And there were alot of good ones in that particular decade.

·
The face that runs the List
10,764 Posts
Kingsman : The Golden Circle

I didn't like the first one but this one was quite ok. The original struggled with its tone and came off way too goofy at times. The sequel is more serious so that's a big plus. Loved the American branch of the Kingsmen and Moore as the villain.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts

8/10 - I really enjoyed this classic.

Written & Directed by George Lucas

Starring....
Ron Howard
Richard Dreyfuss
Cindy Williams
Harrison Ford
Johnny Weissmuller Jr.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,102 Posts

Not sure what to think about that Twitter kid stuff but this was incredibly well put together imo focusing on various recounts of what growing up during the period was like for these young girls. I've personally seen a lot of holocaust documentaries but I still found this one an eye-opening experience and at the moment don't think I'd hesitate to call it among the best I've seen. ****

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts

7/10 - Interesting documentary about Sam Kinison. His substance abuse was out-of-this-world but didn't die from that, he died from a car accident.

I never had an issue with his foul language comedy routine, but the screaming was just stupid.

I found it hard to believe that he died at 38 years old... he looked way older than 38.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
9/10 - Great doco about start of MTV.

·
Premium Member
10,005 Posts
Honestly, it wasn't that great. 4/10

·
52,345 Posts
Okay, yesterday was a total lounge day and we watched a few different movies throughout the day in The Conjuring, Cape Fear, American Psycho, The Wrestler, and Any Given Sunday. We enjoyed all of them. Not gonna give a review for all of them because I'd be here all day, but all of them were good in their own way. Loved them all. I've seen all of those movies (outside of The Conjuring) a bunch of times in the past, and they all held up very well and are better than most movies you see these days. I have to agree with what alot say about The Conjuring that its one of the better, if not the best, horror film of the 2010-2019 decade. Gonna be watching The Conjuring 2 pretty soon, as well.

3001 - 3020 of 3028 Posts