Wrestling Forum banner

2981 - 2996 of 2996 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

Love and Peace (2015)
Directed by Sion Sono, this is a movie about a man and his relationship with his turtle named Pikadon and his journey to becoming a rockstar. It's incredibly magical and wholesome and it's got me feeling all sorts of fuzzy feelings. The transformation of the main character and his revelation is enticing. The magical parts of the movie, especially towards the end are soul crushing, but is reconciled with uplifting moments. Turtles are awesome. 8/10

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts

8/10 - Decent film. Jason Sudeikis & Elizabeth Olsen were both good in this film.

·
it's a tarp!
4,930 Posts
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
5/10

It wasn't bad, it had plot holes and continuity issues which would have largely been ironed out if The Last Jedi completely vanished from canon.

Good, far from great. But also the best Star Wars film (sans Rogue One which was very very good) since Return of the Jedi in the 1980s, so thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
9,232 Posts
Enjoyed it. 7.5/10

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts

6/10 - I'm not the biggest fan of Beastie Boys. I listened to their music when it was on the radio or on MTV (when MTV played music videos), but def not a hardcore fan.
  • I didn't like how this documentary was filmed, in that it was filmed live on stage in a Brooklyn theatre by Director Spike Jonze.
  • Mike Diamond and Adam Horovitz told the history of the band well, but couldn't get past that they were both reading from a teleprompter/autocue.
  • Mike & Adam had to stop a few times during the show due to errors Spike Jonze had made (teleprompter/autocue out of sequence, visual displays behind them not working).... it was kinda cool to see these errors make it into the final cut, as the Beastie Boys 'Didn't Give A Fuck' back then, and they 'Don't Give A Fuck' today.
Mike & Adam talk about Adam Yauch alot during this doco - and its sad to hear Adam Horovitz talk about their last gig as a band prior to Adam Yauch's death.

I'm sure hardcore fans will rate it higher.

This was not in the docu, but I loved this live appearance on Letterman.

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts

3/10 - The concept of this film (goings-on behind the scenes of a late night talk show) is great..... but, I am not a fan of either Emma Thompson or Mindy Kaling.

6.5/10 - OK film, typical Stallone type of film. With the wife Brigitte Nielsen having a leading role.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,154 Posts

My mate told me about a dre and snoop film .
I thought he was high and meant friday as he ain't into the rap shit i like. Anyways its called THE WASH its a funny film. It's and I think I'm right it's the only film the best rap producer ever Dr Dre did due the shit with suge knight and snoop leaving to work at Master P"s company, which he always states saved his career. While dre and Jimmy iovine made aftermath records which was going before dre signed into one of the most diverse labels in America it's got rock, pop, heavy metal think dre has done a few beats for them and then they realised money for CD's isn't gonna be around for them to survive that's how BEATS headphones was formed they showed them testing everything from tape recorders to CD recorders and they said we will do it our way look at how much there both worth dre 3rd after jay n diddy 870m .

That's why I like to see ppl get of there lazy backsides and follow ur. dreams guys and ladies u might get a ton of no's I did off the owner of the resestraunt in the city
where im from said let me make u a Geordie meal of beef stew and dumplings i also made a couple of cruse roasties in goose fat and fr peas out the pod then made a mint reduction with whitevvinegar and fresh mint but i done it till there was Just enough to serve.the He went fantastico and all the chefs tried magnificent theysaid I was on cloud 9 he went you start next week as it was a Sunday and I.knew he came there on Sundays. I was a line chef for 15 years and it was hard now I've paid my dues he asked me in July u want to be head chef I trust u but also i want you taking bit more easy with my seizures ( he could of went.hetes ur p45) he got me a new job aswell in a catering college it was a dream job as I've always liked giving back to.the next generation the commitment i.get is second to.none.

Fight for your dreams ladies and gentlemen they do come true if u keep trying and not giving up u.couldld get knocked back.loads but.if it's a job u.want and have a passion for dont give up.it wiĺ happen

I'missing both jobs but i had over 590 exams papers to mark its hard as im dyslexic but lucky I know a lot of how to spell the names of ingredients and I practice now i have time on other words it's not easy but manageable.

That's the story of the film follow ur dreams and shows you that they do come true. Just never succumb to just being someone u don't wanna be or do. When the epidemic is over ur dream job could be waiting for you. get steppin my mama would say job time ur 18 at the time aftervcatering college.

I really hope u guys n gals fiñdva job in Love as its great going into work big smile my cleaning lady said I've not been smiling as much. She knew u muss ur job Mr Carter yeah I do hun.

Peace.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,154 Posts

Think it's a sweet film with loads of great special fx in it plus out of THE MCU 24films it's one of the better ones.

Peace.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,154 Posts
Friday with Cube and Chris tucker

Stoned as mofo

·
Registered
256 Posts
Happy Death Day 2U. I think both movies are really underrated, both are funny, has good acting considering the genre and the second was really touching.

·
Premium Member
3,468 Posts

3/10 - Although a true story, its a very ordinary story. Great performances by Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney and the amazing Geraldine Viswanathan.

There is alot of talk about Oscar worthiness for Hugh Jackman/Allison Janney, perhaps that's true, but the film itself is a stinker.

2981 - 2996 of 2996 Posts