Wrestling Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 2980 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Watched a much hyped "Classic" Japanese horror/gore movie called "Groteque" yesterday. I've been getting up to speed on some of the more extreme titles in the gore genre, This one is a much better production, doesn't try to be found footage or a snuff movie. It's just presented as a normal movie in which a psychopath kidnaps and tortures a young couple.

Not sure if it quite lives up to the hype, but it has some good special effects and a nice creepy tone.

3/5

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just watched Ford vs Ferrari, awesome movie

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,260 Posts

4.25 stars - The blonde was my favorite!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

Parasite give it a solid 9/10. One of those rare movies that is engaging from start to finish, it has you hooked. Very well made and acted film with a unique story. I would recommend it. It is a dark comedy thriller with elements of horror. Cool movie.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,035 Posts

The problem with movies about genocide is that they all tend to be compared to Schindler's List and inevitably lose to which is a shame because like comparably ubiquitous media coverage of the Holocaust, these other crimes deserve to be recognized too. The Promise, I felt, was a fine movie in its own right if slightly paint-by-numbers but I suppose that's forgivable considering this movie's prime commitment is bringing to light an often ignored historical tragedy rather than its love triangle formula and I think it has been influential in raising awareness of the genocide whereas previously I'd only heard it enter mainstream conversations through System of a Down's efforts. While it doesn't shy away from the atrocities like I felt Terry George's previous work Hotel Rwanda did I think it could've done more to highlight the sheer cruelty of the method of extermination but ultimately I do recommend it and believe its profile will rise in the future and be known as an important movie and more than just that film that was attacked by deniers pre-release.

7.5/10

·
Premium Member
43,820 Posts
I finally decided to start watching the Miyazaki films from Studio Ghibli. Never watched them before, but I'm diving in head first.

So far I've seen:

Castle in the Sky = Loved it! Great adventure story with wonderful imagination and animation. 9/10

My Neighbor Totoro = Its cute and weird. I think I would have liked it more as a kid, but its fun. 7/10

Kiki's Delivery Service = Like the above, I would have liked this more as a kid, but its still cute and fun 7/10

Porco Rosso = Okay, this is one I've never heard people talk about, but I loved it! Its a Pig pilot with 1940s style adventuring and fun. Its funny, charming, and had the right level of edge to it that made me happy. 8/10

Everyone keeps telling me that Princess Mononoke will be my favorite, so we'll see what happens when I see it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Return of the Jedi (Theatrical version)

Seeing the original trilogy for the first time without all the cgi tinkering was awesome.

Yub Nub and Lapti Nek > Jedi Rocks

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,035 Posts

The Invisible Man (2020)

Glorious re-imaging, better than I could've predicted just please don't let this be another Annabelle: Creation where I get my hopes up that the studios have learned from previous mistakes and will only use the best talent in future only to be depressingly let down because who cares? They're just horror movies, anyone can make that shit, right? ?‍♀

That being said I have no idea if this will be the start of a new franchise but if it is I'm already invested. Maybe give less exposed characters like Dr. Wilfred Glendon or Countess Marya Zaleska a shot while audiences have a chance to forget the worst Dracula ever.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Checked out 'Richard Jewell'. It was a fine film, good perfomances from the leads, solid story but it just didn't really do anything too spectacular, so that made it feel slightly above average. Definitely a film to watch at least once though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
"3 idiots" I watched! It's a really nice Indian movie with no action in its typical sense, but with a soul.
Another movie I watch a couple of days ago is "Mirrors". A horror, not bad one.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,035 Posts

Annabelle Comes Home (2019)
I was afraid to watch this for a long time based on some things I heard like The Nun but this was actually much better than I expected. McKenna Grace, Lulu Wilson, Taissa Farmiga... this franchise seems to know exactly which young actresses I think are awesome and cast them, how spooky is that? It was cool to see Vera and Patrick make an appearance in this one and were great as always if even for a shorter period of time. I liked that the character who fucks up and does unfathomably stupid things that causes all the trouble (Daniela) is actually given a sympathetic reason for doing so which is more than most supernatural horrors, the result is that we want to see her die but then we don't and I think that's what The Conjuring Universe does best: actually humanizing the human characters and getting us to care about their situation and not just the scares.

The movie almost seems to stir up more interest in the wider universe by showing us all the potential movies we could get in the future (and I most want to see the story behind that samurai armor), it's almost like Goosbumps for adults. While I didn't love it quite as much as the two Conjurings and Annabelle: Creation, I did have a great time watching it and it's a close fourth in my rankings. 7.5/10

·
Registered
5 Posts
A Quiet Place
The story of a family that lives in a small secluded farm in a distant American outback. The main characters have two children. It would seem that the lives of these people are not at all different from the lives of other such families. But the main characters live in a house that is filled with terrible monsters,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wathced the Witcher netflix series. It was interesting and remind me a bit Witcher video game. I used https://veepn.com for getting access to netflix because it is banned in my region. So my next goal will be to watch all episodes of Marvel movies.

2961 - 2980 of 2980 Posts