Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That was the scene that went down Saturday after the ROH World Tag Champions The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) beat The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) to retain the ROH World Tag Titles and continue their record setting title reign.

Following that confrontation, ROH officials are now excited to announce that “The Notorious 187” Homicide has put in a call and on March 19, 2011 at “Manhattan Mayhem IV”, he will reunite with Hernandez inside The Manhattan Center!

And as if that reunion was not enough, Homicide & Hernandez will take on the reigning ROH World Tag Champions in a non-title bout to see if the KoW can continue to back up their boastful words! Homicide & Hernandez have been champions in their own right, and if there’s any man who can match Claudio Castagnoli’s power, it is certainly Hernandez. Will the 5150 reign supreme when “The Notorious 187” comes home? Or will the KoW continue their reign of dominance over the entire tag team wrestling scene? Get your tickets now to see it firsthand: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=208!

· Registered
5,024 Posts
ROH is doing a good job cleaning out my wallet.

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
Looks to be a great match. I don't think the names Hernandez or Homicide are TNA creative properties, plus TNA has agreements with many of their talent that they can continue to wrestle for other promotions. What arrangement they have with Hernandez...who knows. He was using his own name and gimmick while wrestling in AAA. Latin American Xpress may be a TNA creation though.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
And as if that reunion was not enough, Homicide & Hernandez will take on the reigning ROH World Tag Champions in a non-title bout to see if the KoW can continue to back up their boastful words!
It's so refreshing to see consistent booking, in this day and age. I was scared, for a moment, that they'd throw a title shot at LAX and make everything that WGTT have done look retarded.

Looks to be a great match. I don't think the names Hernandez or Homicide are TNA creative properties, plus TNA has agreements with many of their talent that they can continue to wrestle for other promotions. What arrangement they have with Hernandez...who knows. He was using his own name and gimmick while wrestling in AAA. Latin American Xpress may be a TNA creation though.
"Hernandez" is Hernandez's real name. Homicide created "Homicide". The term "Latin American Xchange" belongs to TNA but the term "LAX" is pretty generic and is used in a lot of industries for a lot of different things, so it's not really trademarkable. Last time they wrestled in ROH, they were just billed as "LAX", with no mention of what it stood for.

That could all be a moot point anyway because IIRC TNA insisted that the Young Bucks be billed as "Generation Me" last time they were in ROH. If you've booked someone through TNA, maybe nowadays they're happy to license the use of the name, for the benefit of their own brand awareness.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.