Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I dont make these kinds of threads for one mic segment. But being im huge fans of Asuka and Kairi. In fact im a massive fan of Asuka and she alone is half the reason im back into wrestling.

But christ on a f***in stick (shout out to Debbie from Dexter). I watched the whole promo again last night before bed and I still feel the same way as I did last night as the first time I saw it. And im seeing im not the only who feels this way.

Even fans of Kabuki Warriors getting mic time since the first time they were able to were not fans of this promo. Theres looks to be a divide here. Some fans loved it and want more of this. Other fans did not and want them to scale back. Im on the latter.

It felt like Kairi and Asuka were high school kids auditioning for a play and went through a range of emotions to show off their skills to the casting director. They went from insane laughter/happy, to anger, then sadness, then back to anger in the span of two minutes.

Also no mention of Shayna Bazsler, Asuka never brought her up. Its like it never happened (should never have happened in the first place)

I hope they do scale back cause The IIconics comparisons were never more evident then what they did monday. Their becoming the IIconcis while its reported IIconcis are being repackaged. Maybe theyll be silent killers like when Asuka and Kairi first became a tag team lol reverse the roles

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
No need to make double thread

And I think you can discuss your thought in this thread

Because it look similar

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know it did again making 2 threads of the same thing. I found out what it is is that in certain areas at my job I have little to no singal and I got the * Oops. Your browers something something* message.

But I guess this website automatically backs it up so when you do get a singal lll submit the thread. So I know know so it shouldn't happen again.

Im worried my 2 favorites are gonna become a joke comedy act. Seems there heading in that direction and I really hope not. Kairi already looks weak in the ring

·
No Regrets
417 Posts
Yeah I know it did again making 2 threads of the same thing. I found out what it is is that in certain areas at my job I have little to no singal and I got the * Oops. Your browers something something* message.

But I guess this website automatically backs it up so when you do get a singal lll submit the thread. So I know know so it shouldn't happen again.

Im worried my 2 favorites are gonna become a joke comedy act. Seems there heading in that direction and I really hope not. Kairi already looks weak in the ring
But the majority in Asuka thread are happy with them being possibly a comedy act, your concerns or my previous comments are not allowed there. llj is happy, Phantom is happy, Ger is positive and happy too, well, a few examples in Asuka thread, is their problem if they're happy with Asuka and Kairi being a comedy act or the japanese version of the IIconics. Don't cry later if Asuka is a comedy jobber in the future just like Billie Kay and/or Peyton Royce. I have many issues with this Asuka's turn heel, I admit that but this booking and direction for her is not doing favours to me. The only time when I was comfortable with Asuka being a heel was with the green mist and until TLC. Where's the green mist now?

They’ll be fine... as soon as they leave WWE.

I liked that promo, though.
Agree with the first line, not sure with your second line.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
But the majority in Asuka thread are happy with them being possibly a comedy act, your concerns or my previous comments are not allowed there. @llj is happy, @Phantomdreamer is happy, @Ger is positive and happy too, well, a few examples in Asuka thread, is their problem if they're happy with Asuka and Kairi being a comedy act or the japanese version of the IIconics. Don't cry later if Asuka is a comedy jobber in the future just like Billie Kay and/or Peyton Royce. I have many issues with this Asuka's turn heel, I admit that but this booking and direction for her is not doing favours to me. The only time when I was comfortable with Asuka being a heel was with the green mist and until TLC. Where's the green mist now?
First of all, Iiconics always barely get reaction when they speak their promo,lack of acting or at least try to make connection with audiences,it seems they never pay attention with whether crowds on them or not, it's basic rule,if you keep talking but your audiences doesn't give a crap with you, you basically done, no one cares about you.

On Asuka or KW case, at first the crowds have big "?" on their head but as time goes by, they can accept with how she talk and Asuka also come with different material, you think she do care with how many she lost the match, she already stated in her twitter as Kanako not Asuka after her title match against Becky, the point of her twit is, she doesn't concern with the results,she only care how to give good quality match and she only follow the order/instructions, do her job,get paid and go home. You see Lesnar? If he want to, he could make Ricochet like a million bucks but the order was the squash and Brock did it.

As for bold part,are you serious for that? Especially with what happen these day? I'm sure you will understand.

·
No Regrets
417 Posts
First of all, Iiconics always barely get reaction when they speak their promo,lack of acting or at least try to make connection with audiences,it seems they never pay attention with whether crowds on them or not, it's basic rule,if you keep talking but your audiences doesn't give a crap with you, you basically done, no one cares about you.

On Asuka or KW case, at first the crowds have big "?" on their head but as time goes by, they can accept with how she talk and Asuka also come with different material, you think she do care with how many she lost the match, she already stated in her twitter as Kanako not Asuka after her title match against Becky, the point of her twit is, she doesn't concern with the results,she only care how to give good quality match and she only follow the order/instructions, do her job,get paid and go home. You see Lesnar? If he want to, he could make Ricochet like a million bucks but the order was the squash and Brock did it.

As for bold part,are you serious for that? Especially with what happen these day? I'm sure you will understand.
Well, the complaints about Asuka's booking will be there forever no matter what, Kanako is wasting her time with that art tweets, not all her fans wil accept her destiny because HHH booked a silent killer with a colourful attire who doesn't scream badass or killer vibes and some people liked that, including me. And when I'm reading that another diehard Asuka fan created this thread, you know that Asuka being a comedy IIconic act is a thing that is worring another Asuka fans and I'm sure that people will be bored with Asuka's promos sooner or later.

Well, it's a coincidence that the green mist is absent during this coronavirus days but the green mist was dissapeared many weeks before the peak of coronavirus. And there are jokes about Asuka and coronavirus in Twitter, f*ck those racists.

·
NBA
2,324 Posts
Oh, thanks for creating the Asuka Fan Thread 2.0, OP.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Usually I dont make these kinds of threads for one mic segment. But being im huge fans of Asuka and Kairi. In fact im a massive fan of Asuka and she alone is half the reason im back into wrestling.

But christ on a f***in stick (shout out to Debbie from Dexter). I watched the whole promo again last night before bed and I still feel the same way as I did last night as the first time I saw it. And im seeing im not the only who feels this way.

Even fans of Kabuki Warriors getting mic time since the first time they were able to were not fans of this promo. Theres looks to be a divide here. Some fans loved it and want more of this. Other fans did not and want them to scale back. Im on the latter.

It felt like Kairi and Asuka were high school kids auditioning for a play and went through a range of emotions to show off their skills to the casting director. They went from insane laughter/happy, to anger, then sadness, then back to anger in the span of two minutes.

Also no mention of Shayna Bazsler, Asuka never brought her up. Its like it never happened (should never have happened in the first place)

I hope they do scale back cause The IIconics comparisons were never more evident then what they did monday. Their becoming the IIconcis while its reported IIconcis are being repackaged. Maybe theyll be silent killers like when Asuka and Kairi first became a tag team lol reverse the roles
No mention of Shayna Bazler is because that's over with. Done. They have moved on. As far as all the other stuff, should be interesting to see what they will be like after they lose the titles at WM. Wonder if Asuka/Kairi will even still be a team. My prediction, one of them is leaving WWE in the next 6 months.

·
Premium Member
4,078 Posts
I didn't enjoy the parts I saw.

I watch the 30 min highlights mashed together on YouTube btw.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
It's still not as 'cringe' as your constant threads about your open Asian fetish, Banshee. Every time I see a thread of yours talking about how you love Asian women, I get embarrassed for you.

It's funny that people don't see they are deliberately being annoying. I doubt anyone is telling them to do that, either. They're simply trying to be more unlikeably heelish, not "cool" heels. That at least can be respected.

·
NBA
2,324 Posts
I remember back in 2018 they had Asuka cut promos while as a babyface and like 99% of people over the internet, fans included, agreed she shouldn't be given a mic. Now at least half the internet likes it while the other half doesn't, so it's a clear improvement no matter how you look at it, cause at the end of the day it's better to be polarizing than universally panned. also, it may be polarizing among her internet fanbase, cause from what I've seen from videos and tweets, crowds are much more accepting of her promos than they were 2 years ago.

Make no mistake, EC was a fucking disgrace and I'm always going to complain about how Asuka should get better booking, but I don't get this sudden thing some of her fans have with her "acting like the IIconics" (just because Bryan Alvarez said so). Also, iirc, most people bashed the iiconics due to their in ring stuff, not their antics. Really, this is like a thousand times better than how they had her act while tagging with Naomi back then. Oh, andnd again:

Did this really need to be its own thread?

Go back to the Asuka section, sweetie.
^^^This.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
The IIconics are seen negatively by fans because they were jobbers--but what many people failed to realize is that they were jobbers because their in-ring work isn't up to par, not because their gimmick was goofy.

The Kabuki Warriors may be more comedic and goofy now, but their actual booking more or less is about the same as when they were babyfaces. The WWE knows at the very least they can work at a high level. Kairi is capable of a decent 10-15 minute match but is generally a midcarder, and Asuka is their elite jobber to the top women/flavours of the day, which has been her role since WM34. Nothing has essentially changed here with their booking despite the change in presentation.

They are the reason why the IIconics are getting completely repackaged, because they took that gimmick and are now basically a Deluxe and Upgraded version of them.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,864 Posts
i liked it, they are so charismatic despite me not understanding anything ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts