Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,703 Posts
Cornette>just about everyone on this forum

Let's be clear Brian Last is the best podcaster in wrestling by millions of miles.

I mean he is trying to do what's right by wrestling, please give his podcasts a shot. He not only does the Cornette stuff but he does pods on so many wrestling territories.

His 605 podcast is a can't miss for folks who actually love wrestling history, I legit hope some of you will check out the 605. Its a wrestling history lesson.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,703 Posts
6:05 looks interesting but jesus the 3 to 5 hour episodes are a bit much.
6:05 looks interesting but jesus the 3 to 5 hour episodes are a bit much.
Sure, but give it a chance. I mean seriously it's three hours of history.

Of course there is some silliness, but it's clearly the best historical podcast we have.

He breaks every episode into segments much like an old school wrestling show. I listen to episodes on the way to work and back everyday.

If folks here would give it a chance their wrestling IQ would improve by leaps and bounds. It covers Japan, Mexico, Canada, Europe and America even handedly.

·
Lacey Evans Stole My Heart <3
294 Posts
Sure, but give it a chance. I mean seriously it's three hours of history.

Of course there is some silliness, but it's clearly the best historical podcast we have.

He breaks every episode into segments much like an old school wrestling show. I listen to episodes on the way to work and back everyday.

If folks here would give it a chance their wrestling IQ would improve by leaps and bounds. It covers Japan, Mexico, Canada, Europe and America even handedly.
I just started watching it, so far it’s good (y)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I love Jim's tales from the 80's and 90's. Always something comes up that I hadn't heard before.

Randy Savage stirring shit by getting arrested for theft. Sometimes because he was living hand to mouth. Other times because he was simply out to get himself and his promotion in the papers.

Jim not having a fucking clue what Ultimate Warrior was talking about when they went to sign him in 1996.

British Bulldog trying to book a hotel room while so high on drugs he could barely speak. Jim's impersonation is hilarious.

Big Bossman quiting WWE in 1993 because he thought Vince was going to jail. Felt it would destroy his law enforcer baby face gimmick.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
8,763 Posts
I love Jim's tales from the 80's and 90's. Always something comes up that I hadn't heard before.

Randy Savage stirring shit by getting arrested for theft. Sometimes because he was living hand to mouth. Other times because he was simply out to get himself and his promotion in the papers.

Jim not having a fucking clue what Ultimate Warrior was talking about when they went to sign him in 1996.

British Bulldog trying to book a hotel room while so high on drugs he could barely speak. Jim's impersonation is hilarious.

Big Bossman quiting WWE in 1993 because he thought Vince was going to jail. Felt it would destroy his law enforcer baby face gimmick.
No one tells a story like Cornette. He even finds a way to make his ad reads funny and interesting which is really only something he and Bill Burr can do.

If anyone on here has not heard it, listen to Bruce Prichard's podcast on Cornette from a few years back. It is well worth it to hear all thr crazy stories and his impression of Jim.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
The fact that cornette thinks that Benoit belongs in any hall of fame brings his other opinions down by alot in my eyes. Thats some clown shit. Well that and the fact that he's a size whore

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
8,763 Posts
Yea, I dont believe in honoring child murderers. Dont care what the excuse is for them to do so.
Yeah, I would have voted for him to be removed too, but Jim's reasoning is at least somewhat coherent. To be clear he does not support him going into any NEW Halls of Fame just not being removed from the one(s) he was already in.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
He’s by far the most entertaining podcaster/Youtuber right now. Imagine being the biggest heel in the wrestling industry today without having to leave your house lol. He’s the man.
Even as an AEW fan I can confirm that, some die hard marks just say whatever shit they want to him to make them feel better.

·
Registered
760 Posts
He's better and more entertaining than any mainstream US Wrestling product these days (y)

Listen to his concerns when dissecting a match, does he not mostly have a very genuine point?

·
HEADBANGA
23,487 Posts
I've been listening to Cornette for years and I enjoy his opinions even if I don't agree with all them, especially when it comes to AEW. Its good to have a different perspective on the product even if you don't agree with it.

·
Registered
Capitalist Pokemon
303 Posts
It will be a sight to see if Cornette commentating OC match or Matt Hardy Cinematic match live on AEW without any restriction.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If I was running AEW the first thing I would do is get the veterans to go through his podcasts since AEW started and extract all the knowledge he shares regarding selling, feud building/pacing, in ring psychology, Heel/face dynamics, taking matches home, presenting people like stars etc and start teaching the wrestlers on the roster to embrace that mentality.

Every wrestling match is better when there are compelling characters involved who look like they can fight and have a reason to fight because their story has been built organically at the correct pace. The wrestlers also have to have clear motivations/intentions, it doesn’t have to be as black and white as heel or face but the audience has to be able understand why a certain wrestler is acting the way he does so they can either relate to it and cheer (Boo opponents), or hate it and boo (cheer opponents). Then when these guys get to the in ring physical confrontation, which is the main reason people watch wrestling, they need to continue the story in ring and sell moves like they hurt because the fans want to see these guys hurt each other. If you’re also planning on having a series of matches between the same wrestlers then you don’t need to throw everything out there in the first match, use an intelligent finish to get the fans hooked so they want to come back for the 2nd/rubber match.

Cornette isn’t always right but he gives away invaluable industry knowledge for free on his podcasts which AEW could learn a lot from, and grow as a result, but the people in charge of AEW seem so arrogant that they are reluctant to accept and act upon any of his criticisms because that would mean admitting that Cornette, a guy with years of experience in the wrestling industry, is correct at times.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.