Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know thought this was okay,it could have been better.
Praise from cornette for top flight,great spot fest opening.
Orange Cassidy isn't over he's just done,he is a one trick phony who is starting to lose the crowd ?

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
No

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The contract segment,did suck and didn't make any sense.
Jim pisses off Dave meltzer ?

·
Registered
675 Posts
This was the worst goddamn thing I've ever seen in the wrestling business.

A weekly cornette quote

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not a great episode for short people to listen to.

I think it's the Io Shirai fans who'll have the most heat with Hot Tub this weekend, well them and the Meltzer fanboys. As much as I like Rhea Ripley, his comments on that NXT match, even if they are a work, were fucking crazy. How can anyone look at Io Shirai and not see money.

·
rasslin
4,950 Posts

I think it's the Io Shirai fans who'll have the most heat with Hot Tub this weekend, well them and the Meltzer fanboys. As much as I like Rhea Ripley, his comments on that NXT match, even if they are a work, were fucking crazy. How can anyone look at Io Shirai and not see money.
His views on Japanese wrestlers are one of the few things I disagree with Jim on. Especially Io

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think Jim Cornette is entertaining as heck and I agree with a lot of what he says relating to psychology, storytelling and whatnot. For context, I was born in the early-mid 80’s so my fandom spans a number of eras and I look further back than that, so I experienced a lot of what he refers to in real time.

But a Jim Cornette thread in the AEW section? A part of me thinks it’s not the best idea, but the other part thinks it should be fun, not least because logic would dictate that those vehemently opposed to him and his views on wrestling (or at least AEW) would give the thread a steer or visit to cogently argue the substantive points (whilst not specifically focussing on the presentation of said points).

But, I suspect this thread may quickly devolve into a slanging match between posters and mocking of Jim Cornette’s (admitted) lifestyle rather than anything constructive.

I’m happy to be wrong otherwise.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
8,764 Posts
I think Jim Cornette is entertaining as heck and I agree with a lot of what he says relating to psychology, storytelling and whatnot. For context, I was born in the early-mid 80’s so my fandom spans a number of eras and I look further back than that, so I experienced a lot of what he refers to in real time.

But a Jim Cornette thread in the AEW section? A part of me thinks it’s not the best idea, but the other part thinks it should be fun, not least because logic would dictate that those vehemently opposed to him and his views on wrestling (or at least AEW) would give the thread a steer or visit to cogently argue the substantive points (whilst not specifically focussing on the presentation of said points).

But, I suspect this thread may quickly devolve into a slanging match between posters and mocking of Jim Cornette’s (admitted) lifestyle rather than anything constructive.

I’m happy to be wrong otherwise.
He is the biggest heel in the company and he is not even in the company. A lot of them hate him, but they listen to every word he says. He occupies A LOT of space in the minds of the elite.

·
None. More. Hated.
7,399 Posts

If you listen to what he said, it wasn't so much hating on Io or her winning, it was how the match was laid out, and that Io should have been the one fighting from underneath and letting Ripley control the match instead of the other way around. You have to admit Io powerbombing her through a table then Rhea jumping in just to get her legs moonsaulted for 3 didnt look particularly great. Hes also not wrong that if Rhea wasnt winning, the match didnt need to really happen.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.