Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Velveteen put on a clinic tonight and impressed from the get go. It's incredible to think he only recently turned 22. IMO he has all the tools to be the complete package. Has fantastic charisma to boot, more so than anyone on the main roster and so much so that even a gimmick which would usually be shit on, is getting over.

19/11/17

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
Meh let's see how's he goes on the Main Roster before we jump to any conclusions. I think we've learnt buy now what's over to,a nxt audience. Is very different to,what's over to a casual audience.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Anyone who doesn't think this guy is a huge talent should have his brain checked. Last night performance was pure brilliance, both by him and Black, another guy that in my opinion is a good option to be the poster guy. :banderas

·
Baby Yoda
29,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meh let's see how's he goes on the Main Roster before we jump to any conclusions. I think we've learnt buy now what's over to,a nxt audience. Is very different to,what's over to a casual audience.
Dude, he's gotten a shit gimmick over. This is testament to his talent, just imagine what he could do with a main event gimmick, even though this can get him so far but who knows, he might make this a main event gimmick.

·
Baby Yoda
29,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Anyone who doesn't think this guy is a huge talent should have his brain checked. Last night performance was pure brilliance, both by him and Black, another guy that in my opinion is a good option to be the poster guy. :banderas
Yep, I thought he was another Balor but last night made me a fan. He was perfect along with the post match stuff. Both of them are the future man. The WWE have found themselves two pillars for the future, lets hope they don't fuck them up or they go up once Vince has handed things to HHH.

Dream would be my #1 and Black would be my #2 (mysterious tweener), Black's gimmick doesn't allow him to be the poster boy. But I could see him being the popular alternative top star who teenagers and men flock to because of his cool dark character. Dream would appeal to a wider audience.

After years of the Reigns cancer, the future is starting to look brighter.

I ear marked Dream for greatness a while back and thought that he was a contender for FOTC the first time I saw him on NXT as Velveteen Dream. Instantly liked him when I came across a youtube clip of him back in tough enough, he was the only one there who seemed to like wrestling and was good on the mic.

·
Banned
3,455 Posts
I like this guy (I would like for people to remember on the surface Goldust was a shit gimmick but it turned out to be well............ gold)

·
Baby Yoda
29,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ambiguous black guy thread ? I was expecting LB to make it :draper2
Did you watch the match? Trust me, he's the real deal.

I rarely go out of the way for someone like this, especially someone who is only 22 and been in the business 3 years.

I hadn't seen much of his in ring work so hadn't gone all in hyping him (although I mentioned it in the chat box that he was the guy a day before the match :p), but man he absolutely blew me away with his performance from his entrance till the Black's post match promo. He gets it, has a excellent understanding of psychology and has his character work down to a T. He's far better than I thought he was lol, he could be complete by his mid 20s :lol

·
The face that runs the List
10,771 Posts
Did you watch the match? Trust me, he's the real deal.

I rarely go out of way for someone like this, especially someone who is only 22 and been in the business 3 years.
I'm not bashing the Dream, I'm just surprised someone else made the thread

I'll watch this while having lunch in a couple of hours

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Yep, I thought he was another Balor but last night made me a fan. He was perfect along with the post match stuff. Both of them are the future man. The WWE have found themselves two pillars for the future, lets hope they don't fuck them up or they go up once Vince has handed things to HHH.

Dream would be my #1 and Black would be my #2 (mysterious tweener), Black's gimmick doesn't allow him to be the poster boy. But I could see him being the popular alternative top star who teenagers and men flock to because of his cool dark character. Dream would appeal to a wider audience.
Black's only limit, in my opinion, is his size, but otherwise he has the perfect look for this era; teenagers are definitely into tattoos and stuff. I've been a fan since his NXT debut, the guy has the presence of a star; hopefully they'll have a good story for his NXT title run (the writing is on the wall, he will be NXT champion) that makes even more people fans.

Velveteen Dream's gimmick could be a limit, but the fact that he got this over with it should open many eyes in the back. If they give the proper care for this guy, he's another star.

·
Baby Yoda
29,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Black's only limit, in my opinion, is his size, but otherwise he has the perfect look for this era; teenagers are definitely into tattoos and stuff. I've been a fan since his NXT debut, the guy has the presence of a star; hopefully they'll have a good story for his NXT title run (the writing is on the wall, he will be NXT champion) that makes even more people fans.

Velveteen Dream's gimmick could be a limit, but the fact that he got this over with it should open many eyes in the back. If they give the proper care for this guy, he's another star.
Yeah, that's what I meant with Dream. Not sure how far he can go with it, but since he's the type who can connect with a wider audience he's the #1. Black can connect too, but I don't think he'd have as far of reach with his dark gimmick. I would love to see Dream dethrone Black (before he leaves for the main roster) to win his first title as sorta of a callback to this match. It would be fitting.

Such a simple yet brilliant storyline.
My favorite feud of the year.

·
Baby Yoda
29,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Say my name Heartbreak :banderas

I'm not sure if he got a contract right out of tough enough (he didn't win), but I remember seeing him working some small indy shows after it, I rember reading about it being impressed how passionate he was about pursuing wrestling. I think it was a while later a few other Tough Enough contestants were signed (Patrick Clark and Mandy Rose).

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
He was ok.

22yo is'nt as impressive as it was. Paige, YBs (the younger brother) and Ospreay all achieved success in young age. Wresling business is in general got younger in last 20 years.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Yeah, that's what I mean't with Dream. Not sure how far he can go with it, but since he's the type who can connect with a wider audience he's the #1. Black can connect too, but I don't think he'd have as far of reach with his dark gimmick. I would love to see Dream dethrone Black (before he leaves for the main roster) to win his first title as sorta of a callback to this match. It would be fitting.
Well, after all Taker was never the #1 guy, so I'd definitely agree with you.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
He is very good but let's not jump the gun. We have had people like this and when they went up the roster it failed. Vince could easily not like or get the gimmick. He has the tools, charisma, in ring skills and the uniqueness, so he has huge potential.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Wasn't a fan of this guy when I first saw him, but his feud with Black really changed my mind.

And his match at Takeover made him one of my favorites currently.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
If he becomes FOTC he'll have to give up a lot of the things that made him so great. We all know what Vince's stupid little idea of a FOTC is.

So I'm not jumping the gun. Same goes for Aleister Black. Vince has a long track record of fucking up or sabotaging can't miss prospects. He'll be fine with Triple H for another year or two, then we see.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts