Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM just wondering from a more historical perspective that if the NWO completely died back in 99 and none of these reincarnations were ever brought back. do you think that within the next year it would be possible for WWE to pull off a NWO angle such bringing in some of the bigger names in TNA or something...and then a big WWE face joins up with them ? jw

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
No, nWo is dead and buried. If you want a form of reincarnation then go and watch Immortal on TNA. WWE's best chance was when they first brought them in, Hogan, Nash and Hall, and down the line you can add Giant and X-Pac. nWo for some wouldn't have touched what it accomplished in wCw but I still think had Vince ran with it and booked them as more ruthless they could've amounted to something.

Vince however chose to cash in because despite being a heel, Hogan was getting the loudest pops on the roster and eventually won the crowd over in the match with Rock at WM18. So then he went with his wallet, turning Hogan face and reviving Hulkamania.

The nWo was always doomed to fail in WWE, what with Hall's alcohol problems and Nash's constant injuries, so probably Vince made the right decision anyway.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What Im saying is that if we forget all those incarnations. and stuff and wwe wanted to do a new fresh style similar to what NWO do u think that could work now ? if it died when it died 1999

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
What Im saying is that if we forget all those incarnations. and stuff and wwe wanted to do a new fresh style similar to what NWO do u think that could work now ? if it died when it died 1999
I think that's basically what Nexus is now. You could argue Evolution's case too, because they dominated alot.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Nexus has indeed been a very nWo-esque stable. A group of outsiders come it and tryt to take things over. The major difference of course being that Nexus were all nobodies whereas nWo were already stars when they formed. I do think this has hurt Nexus a little bit, but then again that is the whole premise of their story, so I guess it is what it is. I think it would be cool if eventually, the "bigger picture" is revealed and we have some major name come into the group, and they "trim the fat", so to speak, by getting rid of Hennig, Harris, Otunga, maybe even Slater. The only guys in Nexus I see as long term superstars are Barrett and Gabriel, and maybe Otunga (I can't believe I'm saying that) but they've heen hinting at turning him face.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nexus has indeed been a very nWo-esque stable. A group of outsiders come it and tryt to take things over. The major difference of course being that Nexus were all nobodies whereas nWo were already stars when they formed. I do think this has hurt Nexus a little bit, but then again that is the whole premise of their story, so I guess it is what it is. I think it would be cool if eventually, the "bigger picture" is revealed and we have some major name come into the group, and they "trim the fat", so to speak, by getting rid of Hennig, Harris, Otunga, maybe even Slater. The only guys in Nexus I see as long term superstars are Barrett and Gabriel, and maybe Otunga (I can't believe I'm saying that) but they've heen hinting at turning him face.
The "Bigger Picture" will be revealed as Triple H, he also will be revealed as Raw's GM making Nexus even more powerful!!!

They will also hire Mason Ryan (FCW Heavyweight Champion) to be the "Animal" of the group!!! He is very very similar to Batista.

You heard it here first!!!!!

For WWE paintings, visit http://neilroberts.artweb.com
I will be uploading new images once the paintings are done!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The "Bigger Picture" will be revealed as Triple H, he also will be revealed as Raw's GM making Nexus even more powerful!!!

They will also hire Mason Ryan (FCW Heavyweight Champion) to be the "Animal" of the group!!! He is very very similar to Batista.

You heard it here first!!!!!

For WWE paintings, visit http://neilroberts.artweb.com
I will be uploading new images once the paintings are done!
I don't think it will be Triple H. It just seems too easy, and it wouldn't make sense for his character. I mean, what would be his motivation? He's basically the crown-prince of the WWE, he's a 100x world champion. The only guy he has a beef with right now is Sheamus, and that's the one guy that Nexus has pretty much left alone.

I have no idea who it is, if anybody, however I think it would be cool if it turned out to be Batista. I don't know what his status is, or if he's ever returning to WWE, but Batista would make perfect sense. He hates Cena, and he left WWE on a very bitter note. Imagine, Barrett is in the ring cutting a promo, then suddently Batista's music hits. He comes to the ring and has an intense stare-down with Barrett, only to turn to the camera, and unzip his jacket to reveal a Nexus T-shirt. What do you think? No? Oh well, I tried. :flip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Batista has left the company and is training for MMA at the moment, he is rumoured to be maybe joining strikeforce!

It probably will be Triple H because the creative team haven't got a clue how to swerve or "screw" the people!!!!
I liked your idea though! Would be really shocking if that was to happen!!

Don't be too surprised if the Bigger Picture was Hornswoggle!!!!!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Hogan returning as heel in 2002 was a really dumb move.He had been away from mainstream wrestling for nearly two years and was about to return to the company in which he became an 80's pop culture icon.It was obvious the fans would go crazy for him.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
IM just wondering from a more historical perspective that if the NWO completely died back in 99 and none of these reincarnations were ever brought back. do you think that within the next year it would be possible for WWE to pull off a NWO angle such bringing in some of the bigger names in TNA or something...and then a big WWE face joins up with them ? jw
I think that WWE bringing a New World Order style stable would be than achievable but the only way it would ever work is if they ended The Brand Extension and made Raw and SmackDown a single roster and then had John Cena turn heel in the first pay off match because there has to be shock value and the biggest heel turn available for it to work. I don't think they could bring in anyone from TNA because TNA doesn't have any wrestler's big enough in name value to have the same kind of impact that Scott Hall and Kevin Nash had when they turned up in WCW but the whole angle is achievable.

I wouldn't mid seeing something like that happen because it would mean a much edgier product being on our screens again and i believe that something like that would send the ratings through the roof if done right. I wouldn't even be against Kevin Nash returning to WWE to make it happen and for him to play the Scott Hall role of the first one turning up unannounced because Kevin Nash is a big name in the industry and whilst limited as a wrestler is no worse in reality than he was a decade ago so maybe Kevin Nash turning up followed by someone else joining and then a John Cena heel turn at the PPV.

Batista has left the company and is training for MMA at the moment, he is rumoured to be maybe joining strikeforce!

It probably will be Triple H because the creative team haven't got a clue how to swerve or "screw" the people!!!!
I liked your idea though! Would be really shocking if that was to happen!!

Don't be too surprised if the Bigger Picture was Hornswoggle!!!!!
I don't think WWE even know what "The Bigger Picture" is yet and much like the anonymous General Manager they are just coasting along until they can think of something or someone to fill both roles unless they are linked but that would be too creative for the WWE booking and writing team to do. As said there is just as much chance of it being Hornswoggle as it there is of it being Batista or Triple H eventually but one thing that i am certain of is it will be a HUGE letdown when it does come out who "The Bigger Picture" is and be very anti-climatic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was a huge NWO fan growing up and am still a huge fan of the work they did and would love to see NWO work today but the truth is the NWO will not work today. NWO is done. They were great in there day and helped change wrestling forever. NWO in my view was the best faction of all time.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Can someone help me. I download part 1 and try to extract it, but it tells me I need the next volume. I don't want the whole shot. I just want to see if I can find myself in the audience. Is there a program I can use to just extract one part and watch it in isolation?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can someone help me. I download part 1 and try to extract it, but it tells me I need the next volume. I don't want the whole shot. I just want to see if I can find myself in the audience. Is there a program I can use to just extract one part and watch it in isolation?
Wrong thread

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I...still don't agree with the popularity of NWO. They ran the company individually, all that factioning up did was sell merch and tank the fed. Really made me wary of factions.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Triple H is going to come back as a face to feud with Sheaumus, so unless he turns Sheumus a face somehow and can make himself a heel he is not going to be the leader of Nexus. I was thinking maybe Jericho would end up being the Nexus' Iconic leader but Jericho has never been apart of stable and is always about himself. Other then that I see no other veteran wrestlers inside or out of the company who would be veteran leader. But on the contrary I think in the short period of time Wade BArret has dont a great job as getting over.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
I wouldn’t think Vince would want to acknowledge the success of a WCW creation beyond what is absolutely necessary. There’s no way he sits on the rights and then decides to resurrect the name ten years later. He’d go with something else, that his team came up with, hence Nexus and Evolution.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I liked the WWE's NWO

1 - 18 of 18 Posts