Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZDXQPl1vBE
Just watching an old episode of Miz & Morrison's "Dirt Sheet" got me thinking about how much it did for both guys. Miz got to perfect his mic skills to such a comfortable level and with all the recent talk of a Morrison heel turn, just watching the above video shows how much more natural he was as a heel. Having three minutes of guaranteed mic time every week (albeit online, but still) would give anybody a chance to improve.

So here's what I ask:

Would you like to see Morrison turn heel and bring back The Dirt Sheet (or a newly named show) as a one man thing? Maybe with Melina? It'd give him a great opportunity to rebuild his heel persona and get it over again with fans.

And also do you like the idea of these web shows? Cryme Tyme had a decent show, Colt Cabana's kinda' fell off after a while but The Dirt Sheet was fantastic at getting both guys over and making them entertaining. Would you like to see more of this as a way of getting over lower/midcard status performers?

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I thought the Dirt Sheet was great, it showcased both guys perfectly. As you said, it highlights what a natural heel Morrison is and what he could potentially be if he turned again.

I would like to see Morrison do his own show, and I think it would help him a lot. However, he already did have his own show. The 'Palace of Wisdom' which was actually quite entertaining and funny. But, while he has a great character there, it seems he wasn't able to translate it when he got to appearing on Smackdown. Not sure if it was restrictions like, he was able to say what he wanted on the web show, but not on Smackdown or what.

Infact here's one with him and Melina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRd89HJWF9A

I would like to see more web shows for mid-carders/upper midcarders as it would enable them to show off what they can do, with seemingly less restriction than they do on the TV.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
He already had a show while he was a face called the Palace of Wisdom and it was pretty damn funny and it also showed he had charisma, yet many people on this forum just disregard it as usual.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDdMLBdpt8
But if they stop bashing him they aren't cool. Obviously.

Edit. Just watched that Palace of Wisdom with him taking the piss outta McIntyre, can't believe I missed that when it first aired, he can be entertaining if they kept giving him the show, they obviously have nothing else

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
If I recall, you can do consistent retakes of a scene and choose the best one. It's the same thing with John Cena's 5 questions, cept John felt more fluid and himself in his segments. Morrison, to me, still feels like he's trying too hard.

The heel persona, for some odd reason, fits his gimmick perfectly.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yeah, Morrison's definately better in an environment with retakes and editing. Unfortunately, it kinda exposes his live mic work, but hell, it'd definately help the guy. I doubt, when it comes down to viewer %wise, many people actually watch those things anyway.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
In my opinion, Morrison should be placed in taped promos for a while until he develops his mic skills a little more. This will certainly help him in the long run.

And who the hell could forget this one?!

Absolute Gold, and this is one of the rarer Dirt Sheets where Morrison held his own in a segment that was not re-edited. (Notice how the scene flows continally.) Morrison can speak when he's really motivated.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I think pre-taped promos for Morrison could work on RAW for a little while, just while he figures out how he wants to work the mic as a face (if infact he's staying face for the long haul) However, people mention the cutting and the re-takes of the Dirt Sheet and these pretaped net shows. But in the live Dirt Sheet's, Morrison was always fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztAWTBkLuA

I think he's far better if he knows he's comfortable with what he's saying. The stuff he comes up with, with Miz is great, I'm not sure why they won't let him.

·
The Knight
1,746 Posts
The Dirt Sheet with Miz and Morrison had me in stitches all the time.

"This Sunday is the Backlash pay-per-view... or as Lena Yada would say, 'Backrash'."
"Congratulations, Festus, you are truly the biggest, fattest, baldest virgin."
"Actually Miz, that's a double negative. Technically, 'there ain't no stopping me now' means you could easily be stopped at any time. It's just science."

They had some brilliant moments, it really put them both on the map for me.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The Dudebusters should do segments of them reviewing video games and movies or something, that could get them over pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I loved when they made fun of the Edgeheads. And when Morrison said "I predict HHH will spit water!"

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Morrison doesn't need to be a heel. He just needs to return to satire with his dry humor. He is a sarcastic character.

Now he doesn't have a hint of it on TV.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
But it was.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
He already had a show while he was a face called the Palace of Wisdom and it was pretty damn funny and it also showed he had charisma, yet many people on this forum just disregard it as usual.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDdMLBdpt8
I found it funny that this video was meant to be proof that Morrison had charisma because when I clicked the link it sent me to nothing. Which are just like Morrison's mic skills, nothing, non existent. Even if he did have some good little shoots from way back when, it doesn't justify himself as a performer now does it?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Morrison doesn't need to be a heel. He just needs to return to satire with his dry humor. He is a sarcastic character.

Now he doesn't have a hint of it on TV.
i agree with this. Morrison was still cheesy back then for sure, but now its just so forced and he seems so uncomfortable with his lines.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found it funny that this video was meant to be proof that Morrison had charisma because when I clicked the link it sent me to nothing. Which are just like Morrison's mic skills, nothing, non existent. Even if he did have some good little shoots from way back when, it doesn't justify himself as a performer now does it?
Though in comparison to then, he's playing a very different gimmick. It's like saying Undertaker can play a deadman well so he should be able to play a Thai ladyboy pretty well.

Dirt Sheet Morrison was relaxed and comfortable, he used a huge vocabulary and tonnes of over-the-top imagery. In terms of character he was arrogant, delusional, juvenile and thought he was superior to everyone.

Current face Morrison is stuttery and akward on the mic. In terms of character he's corny and (the biggest flaw any WWE wrestler could have) shows zero personality. These are two very different characters.
I didn't think that The Dirt Sheet was funny at all.
Comedy is subjective to who's watching it and very much an "individual" thing. Not a lot I can say to that but in retrospective the show was hugely popular on WWE.com, a lot of forums (including this one) and personally I found it better than any other WWE.com show.

Whether you found it funny or not, well, that's up to you. But it gave Morrison a lot to work with.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I found it funny that this video was meant to be proof that Morrison had charisma because when I clicked the link it sent me to nothing.
You might want to check your internet connection, or make sure that your computer is loading YouTube OK.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts