Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are basically the Jinder Mahal of Women's Tag Teams. Couldn't buy a win then all of a sudden they are champions? Vince probably wanted another team to be champions and didn't want them to beat Sasha and Bayley. I think Paige's team will beat them on Tuesday then back to a comedy act.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Re: The IICONICS Won't Be More Then Transitional Campions

Your theory would make sense if they actually protected Sasha and Bayley, but Bayley was the one pinned when they lost the titles, they could easily have used Tamina or Nattie.

Anyways, I don't expect them to have a long reign, every week they are in jeopardy of losing the titles given the way they have been booked. That being said, you put any other team in that position and there would be no difference, or do you think people will care about the Riotts, Mandy and Sonya or Nia and Tamina?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

The "Women's Tag Teams" where the alternatives are the Samoan Fat Fucks and the Boss blah blah. I'd say keep it on the IIconics until the end of time.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

I hope Becky beats them and becomes Becky 4 Belts. :beckylol
I hope the IIconics beat her and each get one title... and the dream will be closer than ever

Reactions: jpickens

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,440 Posts

They're probably losing the titles right back to Sasha and Bayley at MITB, so they're less transitional champions and more two people that WWE simply wanted to give a happy moment to.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Banned
39 Posts

They are basically the Jinder Mahal of Women's Tag Teams. Couldn't buy a win then all of a sudden they are champions? Vince probably wanted another team to be champions and didn't want them to beat Sasha and Bayley. I think Paige's team will beat them on Tuesday then back to a comedy act.

Bayley was the one who got pinned.

They're probably losing the titles right back to Sasha and Bayley at MITB, so they're less transitional champions and more two people that WWE simply wanted to give a happy moment to.
Bayley lost to Bliss in 3 minutes and Sasha was AWOL this week. Boss N Hug are dead.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

Great characters…...fucking garbage workers.

Billie Kay is the worst in ring worker to ever win a title at Wrestlemania. Yes, even worse than Nicholas.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts

I highly doubt it. Not only did they pin Sasha and bayley, bayley got beat in 2 mins by bliss and they do not do automatic rematch clauses. Plus Sasha has gone awol.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,044 Posts

Even if it is, can we fucking enjoy it while it lasts?

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
I actually love Billie Kay!!!

I really hope they aren't transitional champions, and Jinder isn't even a good comparison as he reigned for like 6 months and i loved it!!

Paige has me shaken though, i really hope the IIconics don't lose immediately to her team.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
It's hard to tell what will happen.

They could easily have an NXT call up team come in, swoop on the titles and become the faces of the division.

I hope the IIconics at least get to run with them until Summerslam, they are far more entertaining already than Becky and Sasha with the titles. Think the girls are doing great. Their reaction on here says what they are doing is working. Think the titles need to move around slowly to gain legitimacy.

I got more emotional to them winning at Mania, than Seth or Becky tbh.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Sure. Probably the only true women’s tag team in the entire company that can create heat, be smoking hot, have loads of charisma, etc are transitional champions.

Knowing Vince, they probably are. However, they deserve whatever kind of reign they get from here on out. Hopefully a long one. Because they’re entertaining as fuck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts