Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Banned
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the IIconics are comedic heels who aren't meant to be taken seriously, but they've lost 3 matches in a row now. They're not making any effort into making the women's tag-team titles seem important.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
10,056 Posts
Hence why Sasha Banks knows it made no sense to take them off of her and Bayley. Part of why she's most likely leaving.

She knew WWE would kill the prestige of the tag gold before they even got off the ground. If this is what they were going to do with the Iconics, then what the fuck was the point of the WM win? They won't even let the Iiconics cheat to win in a heelish way. That would at least be tolerable. Instead they decide to just shit all over them. Almost like Vince is doing it on purpose. Why because they're not blonde?

Whatever. I can't bring myself to even care anymore.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know that the IIconics are comedic heels who aren't meant to be taken seriously, but they've lost 3 matches in a row now. They're not making any effort into making the women's tag-team titles seem important.
Problem is, they were never built to be anything but this, and I am pretty sure Vince does not care about the titles, I figured this would happen the moment they took the belts off Bayley and Sasha, who were probably the only ones who had a remote chance of keeping those belts off the preshow.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Vince probably will have them retain the titles on a PPV because he thinks it'd be "surprising." Even though he's done this so many times that people can see it coming 10 miles away.

But yeah whatever credibility those titles might have had is being whittled away by the week.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Can't wait for people to actually blame the IIconics and saying that they are killing the prestige of the titles when they get this shitty booking :eyeroll.

Silly me for thinking that they actually were going to get a chance with the titles, they are burying them just as much with them than without them, But hey, at least it is not only them, I think Joe has been pinned like 300 times since winning the US title

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Almost as if they never should've won them in the first place, because lets be honest, they're complete jokes win or lose. The sooner Asuka/Kairi get them the better.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
This is definitely better than Bayley and Sasha taking the belts with them to Raw, SD, and NxT. And think of the shock when the Iconics actually win after losing all their matches before the PPV.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
They're gonna hold those belts for a long time cuz Vince aint gonna lose his important divas to a tag team division he couldn't care less about

·
Registered
10,152 Posts
I hope they just snap and go full on serious heel mode. The losing needs to stop first though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can't wait for people to actually blame the IIconics and saying that they are killing the prestige of the titles when they get this shitty booking :eyeroll.

Silly me for thinking that they actually were going to get a chance with the titles, they are burying them just as much with them than without them, But hey, at leat it is not only them, I think Joe has been pinned like 300 times since winning the US title
Honest question, why would you think that if Bayley and Sasha only managed to get that weak 6 week run with 1 so so defense, I kinda figured all the IIconics fans celebrating in the live threads that night were not noticing the monkey's paw finger curl

·
10,056 Posts
This is definitely better than Bayley and Sasha taking the belts with them to Raw, SD, and NxT. And think of the shock when the Iconics actually win after losing all their matches before the PPV.
So you're saying a stupid shock IIconic win that literally no one cares about except for the people who want to fuck Peyton Royce is better than Sasha/Bayley putting on good tag matches on all 3 rosters to build the prestige of the titles? You can't be serious.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
This isn't new, WWE for a long time have booked champion heels to lose most non title matches so you think they are in danger of losing the belts, then the heels retain on PPV.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
So you're saying a stupid shock IIconic win that literally no one cares about except for the people who want to fuck Peyton Royce is better than Sasha/Bayley putting on good tag matches on all 3 rosters to build the prestige of the titles? You can't be serious.
They weren't putting good matches though, and they probably would not have put good matches given the other tag teams in the division. And before you say anything, while I celebrated their win, I wanted the IIconics to be build up first before winning the titles and I wanted/expected Sasha/Bayley to retain at Mania because I kinda was expecting this booking to happen if they win the titles, although I was hoping for the best.

Reactions: ManiaSeason2017

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,438 Posts
Jobbers gonna job.

Hence why Sasha Banks knows it made no sense to take them off of her and Bayley. Part of why she's most likely leaving.

She knew WWE would kill the prestige of the tag gold before they even got off the ground. If this is what they were going to do with the Iconics, then what the fuck was the point of the WM win? They won't even let the Iiconics cheat to win in a heelish way. That would at least be tolerable. Instead they decide to just shit all over them. Almost like Vince is doing it on purpose. Why because they're not blonde?

Whatever. I can't bring myself to even care anymore.
They were given the titles because all of the other teams in that match would cease to exist after Wrestlemania. Sasha and Bayley were being split, Nia was taking time off for surgery and Beth was only back for one match.

This being WWE, the two will magically be able to win in title defences and remain champions until the end of the summer, taking countless non-title losses all the way.

Reactions: Tag89

·
IRAN #1
2,434 Posts
It's the only way they know how to build up challengers.. It's not even like Naomi is in a tag team, it's just stupid booking.

·
10,056 Posts
They weren't putting good matches though, and they probably would not have put good matches given the other tag teams in the division. And before you say anything, while I celebrated their win, I wanted the IIconics to be build up first before winning the titles and I wanted/expected Sasha/Bayley to retain at Mania because I kinda was expecting this booking to happen if they win the titles, although I was hoping for the best.
Because they had Nia Jax/Tamina as competition. No one on Earth can have a good match with the likes of those 2. The Sky Pirates & Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville (proven by the final 5 min at EC) would have been 2 good feuds right off the bat. That would have given the WWE time to create a couple of other teams and even build Peyton/Billie. Instead they just give them the gold just so that Vince can bury his own titles purposely.

Jobbers gonna job.

They were given the titles because all of the other teams in that match would cease to exist after Wrestlemania. Sasha and Bayley were being split, Nia was taking time off for surgery and Beth was only back for one match.

This being WWE, the two will magically be able to win in title defences and remain champions until the end of the summer, taking countless non-title losses all the way.
Splitting up Sasha/Bayley made no sense in the first place. They were the only legit tag team for these titles. Almas was just moved back to SD so obviously WWE had no plans for them as singles stars. They're still moving pieces as we speak. They weren't even sure what stars were being moved where as the show was going on live. So splitting up Bayley/Sasha wasn't something they decided on until the night of the shakeup. This whole shakeup was fuckin stupid outside of Styles and Balor's moves.

·
Registered
24,493 Posts
Was bound to happen because that's what they've always been. Although why they can't even beat Naomi is beyond me.

Though I will say anyone who says "see, Sasha was right" I laugh at because they think the same thing wouldn't happen to her and Bayley. Not saying it's right, but it wouldn't make a difference. The only difference would be slightly better match quality.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts