Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Maybe, but considering how Austin retired 16 years ago already and hasn't been physically apt to wrestle since mid-2002 or so, I wouldn't think about it being anywhere near a possibility at all if I were you, OP:Best keep it in the video games.

·
Banned
155 Posts
I think Steve Austin did it the right way with one last match with The Rock. I like what he is doing right now by getting in the mix with all the new talent in storylines.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I kept reading all week that "Stone Cold is cleared to take bumps". Then I saw he took and sold the heck out of a Stunner from Becky Lynch as well as the rumors of him being attacked by Bray Wyatt.

When AJ and the OC's music hit and he started talking smack to Austin, I was thinking (and hoping) for a 6 man tag (OC vs. Austin/Seth/Braun). That would have been great!

But, yes: an AJ vs. Austin feud (though highly unlikely) would be great!!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
AJ should be feuding with the likes of Kid Romeo, Jerry Lynn, Elix Skipper, not an all time great like Steve Austin.

·
Banned
884 Posts
If Austin were to come back for one last match, it would have to be against Brock Lesnar, surely. Throw them enough Saudi Money and it might just happen!

·
The Babyface of WF
12,160 Posts
I love how AJ didn't sound too cheesy when he mocked Austin it's not like Steve didn't want AJ to get a fair bit of jabs in, AJ was the real star besides Austin during the contract signing and he's not your proverbial Promo guy either he's great as a Heel to the point he's Underrated as a Mic worker in his current role.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I kept reading all week that "Stone Cold is cleared to take bumps". Then I saw he took and sold the heck out of a Stunner from Becky Lynch as well as the rumors of him being attacked by Bray Wyatt.

When AJ and the OC's music hit and he started talking smack to Austin, I was thinking (and hoping) for a 6 man tag (OC vs. Austin/Seth/Braun). That would have been great!

But, yes: an AJ vs. Austin feud (though highly unlikely) would be great!!
Well, if he ever wrestles again ti will probably be like Bret Hart. Taking part in a tag match where he doesn't really do anything other than applyign the sharpshooter at the end and making the opponent tap. In Austin«s case, all he'd need to do would be doing the Lou Thesz Press, punching the guy and then stunning him for the 1-2-3...

...but I'm not interested in seeing that. I don't wanna see Austin teaming up with Becky and Rollins. Fuck that.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
If Austin comes back, I have a feeling they might do that Brock Lesnar match that never happened.

But he was younger than his current age at that time though. ^

I think that this feud won't be happening anyway and it could be just be another random moment on RAW.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
About 8 years late for a match but I'd enjoy their promos. Their exchange on raw last Monday was hilarious.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
After tonight, you’d be lying to yourself if you didn’t want to see that.
so am I just supposed to agree with you? I dont wanna see it now and I wouldnt wanna see it even if this was 1998 Stone Cold.

btw I just watched his show with Becky and god damn he looked so old there. I dont wanna see him wrestle anybody anymore. 5 years ago yes. not now.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Stone Cold was my favorite wrestler growing up, and he still is, but for fuck's sake please don't bring him out of retirement to have a match.

This is one of WWE's biggest problems right now, they keep relying on the past to get cheap ratings boosts. Let the man enjoy the rest of his retirement, he went out like a badass and that's how I want to remember him. I don't want to see old Stone Cold struggling to put on a shitty 1 star match at some shitty Saudi Arabia show (which would likely be where it happens), they did the same exact shit with Undertaker, HBK, and Angle.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
Absolutely not. That worthless trash heap of a wrestler doesn't deserve the honor of having the final match of the biggest star in the history of the industry, among all his other undeserved accolades. Austins final match was perfect. Putting The Rock over at WrestleMania to end his career in the third match of a trilogy that Austin had won both previous encounters of, with The Rock finally conquering the mountain and Austin bowing out had so much more meaning than some random match with a gymnast.

I don't want Austins final match to look like what Shawn Michaels did in Saudi Arabia. Don't tarnish his legacy, leave it alone. Hell, he's damaged it enough by just making a bunch of pointless appearances and never doing anything but drinking beer and stunning people during them. No angles, no nothing. Just coming out there to waste everyones time. That's bad enough.
"worthless trash heap of a wrestler" please elaborate on why Styles is 'worthless' or a 'trash heap of a wrestler'.

Or you just trolling like an angry bitch?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Austin has been retired since 2003. I know the promo we've seen Monday night was pure gold, but seeing Austin and AJ feud is highly unlikely. Besides, Austin's wrestling career would be tarnished like Ric Flair's and Shawn Michaels'.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Nah never crossed my mind, AJ Styles feud with a GOD like Stone Cold would be the most random thing ever I would even change the channel skip the promos and pretend it didn't happen.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I wouldnt honestly be surprised if austin has been approached about a match at one of these super showdown shows because its pretty clear how keen wwe is to bring back the likes of undertaker, goldberg and shawn michaels of all people to please them.

austin is probably one of the last if not THE last person wwe has not managed to pull back from retirement.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
Styles is one of the few guys on the roster who can get a decent match out of Austin and has the charisma and Mox skills to make the feud interesting but seeing Stone Cold take the Saudi blood money for a throwaway match would be a crying shame in the same way HBK returned...

If Stone Cold was ever going to come out of retirement it should've been Punk-Austin in 2013

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
AJ vs Stone Cold would be a weird feud. I like AJ but they are on two different levels and not a good match up. Same thing if they did Ricochet vs Lesnar or Velveteen Dream vs Hogan.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I think if austin returned now, all I would think would be the wasted time that he couldve been having matches over the years. Even if it was only the odd few here and there because if austin can get in the ring at 54, he couldve got in the ring at 40.

I hope he doesnt return but that would be my feeling if he did.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts