Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tonight, you’d be lying to yourself if you didn’t want to see that. I know it probably won’t happen, but would you mark for it? Stone Cold can still go!

·
Baby Yoda
29,816 Posts
Stone Cold is a big fan of AJ and the back and forth they had was great, he even put over AJ huge after the show but I think he's done.

The only feud that made complete sense to come back for was Punk because of the contrast in rebel personalities. Both were wizzes on the mic.

Going off after a Final match with The Rock at WM is perfect. You don't want to ruin it, they couldn't mess up a Punk-Austin feud and you know the mic battles would have been off the charts. Punk had the freedom and artistic expression to make it work, AJ would have worked with whatever he was given and would have taken it in the direction Vince wants, in 2019 you're asking to be disappointed if you're expecting Vince to produce a compelling big feud that doesn't disappoint.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,992 Posts
Not intriguing to me even in the least. If Austin WERE good for one last match, I'd rather he faced Samoa Joe. Brawler vs brawler street fight style. I don't care to see AJ flipping circles around Austin and having The Club interfere at every turn. Give me Joe or a legends match with Undertaker. Austin vs Taker would be quite the spectacle even in 2019-2020 whether its a 5 minute 2 star match or not. Too bad Austin will never wrestle again.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,612 Posts
If it happened, I would definitely watch. But if Austin came back for just for one match, Joe is the guy it should be with.

Not that he will.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Nope. I'd rather enjoy the memories I have then have them be tarnished by a stupid return match. If he was in his prime sure I'd be down for Owens, Joe or Orton. Other than that nope

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Stone Cold versus the garbage man is more intriguing than any feud in WWE right now.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Absolutely not. That worthless trash heap of a wrestler doesn't deserve the honor of having the final match of the biggest star in the history of the industry, among all his other undeserved accolades. Austins final match was perfect. Putting The Rock over at WrestleMania to end his career in the third match of a trilogy that Austin had won both previous encounters of, with The Rock finally conquering the mountain and Austin bowing out had so much more meaning than some random match with a gymnast.

I don't want Austins final match to look like what Shawn Michaels did in Saudi Arabia. Don't tarnish his legacy, leave it alone. Hell, he's damaged it enough by just making a bunch of pointless appearances and never doing anything but drinking beer and stunning people during them. No angles, no nothing. Just coming out there to waste everyones time. That's bad enough.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Really doesn't matter who the opponent would be.

What really matters is I know it, you know it, Vince knows it, the entire wrestling universe knows it, ans Steve himself knows it....... Steve Austin could STILL wrestle a match and would look good doing it. But unfortunately he says he's done.

BTW, it's official. Kevin Owens STOP USING THE STUNNER. Austin just gave a master class on RAW. Kevin's a great guy, but you pale in comparison. Use your own move. The WWE universe thanks you.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Absolutely not. That worthless trash heap of a wrestler doesn't deserve the honor of having the final match of the biggest star in the history of the industry, among all his other undeserved accolades. Austins final match was perfect. Putting The Rock over at WrestleMania to end his career in the third match of a trilogy that Austin had won both previous encounters of, with The Rock finally conquering the mountain and Austin bowing out had so much more meaning than some random match with a gymnast.

I don't want Austins final match to look like what Shawn Michaels did in Saudi Arabia. Don't tarnish his legacy, leave it alone. Hell, he's damaged it enough by just making a bunch of pointless appearances and never doing anything but drinking beer and stunning people during them. No angles, no nothing. Just coming out there to waste everyones time. That's bad enough.
I don't get opinions like these. Yes Austin's final match was great and it was fitting that he put Rock over after winning the first 2 - good way to end it.

But if he were to do a return - it shouldn't be about "hey, it's going to make the new ending not be as fitting/poetic as the last one was". Who cares? Should live in the moment. If Austin is willing to return and you can build a big enough match/feud for him to return, you do it, and you don't give 2 shits about "ruining the perfect angle with Rock" over it.

I do of course agree with you that a random match with AJ probably isn't it.

Think more of The Rock. When The Rock returned for a match - they built a mania main event 1 year in advance vs Cena - the face of the company who had never really been called out on his bullshit on-screen till Rock showed up. So it was huge.

If Austin were to ever return - you book something as huge for him (much different than what HBK did).

Also - he's obviously not returning. It's been too long and i'm pretty sure he simply doesn't want to. But if they continue to use him on-screen, i'd love for it to be for segments like this week. Not just a random "hey lets show up, drink a beer and stun someone" - but involve him in an actual angle- such as a contract signing for the top title.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
its too late for austin, if he wanted one last run or match then he shouldve bit the bullet when the punk feud was going on in 2012. That made the most sense and austin would've still been at a serviceable age to make it work.

Id say its too risky now. If his neck was fucked up in 2003 to the point that he needed to retire, I really wouldnt want him in a wrestling ring in 2019 at the age of 54. His retirement is creeping on to 20 years ago.

I don't personally think that any person should be wrestling past 50. Certainly not someone like austin with his history of problems. Id lose so much respect for him if he came back now because you know it would be only for a super showdown payday. He and michaels were the only real two that retired and stayed retired.......now its just austin.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
While I would pop for it if it were to happen I find little intrigue in the prospect of Steve Austin ever lacing up his boots again. The guy was a diminished resource in-ring(for obvious reasons) when he retired and now he's a decade and a half older and hasn't worked in that same amount of time. As much as I and many other people seem to like the nostalgia factor these days(for whatever reason that may be) it is hard for me to actively want to see these guys come back and have matches. There isn't any need for it in my opinion. I'm more than okay looking back at Steve Austin's(and so many other's) career just how it was.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
There is absolutely nothing intriguing about that match

Much as I hate to say it, Lesnar is the only opponent worthy of being Austin's last one

1 - 20 of 41 Posts