Wrestling Forum banner

The Icon, The Crow, TNA's Father, WWE's never had...STING.

3961 Views 33 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  ultimatekrang
First off it’s clearly obvious how the WWE would have used Sting.
After a very big welcome into the Hall of Fame and some catch line that he’s here yet never stepped foot in a WWE ring.
Then his more Dark character and more ‘crow’ character would have been full beam.
We are talking lights out. Creepy music, thunder and lightning blah blah you get the idea.
And personally I don’t blame them because

It would have worked

It would have sold

It would have been exciting

Even TNA fans wanted him to go to the WWE for the good of the fans. To see what he could accomplish on his final few rounds in this business. And I hope next year he actually takes that last step in a final chapter.

However!

Sting stayed with TNA and I believe it was a decision made after the move from Booker T and Kevin Nash to head North.
It literally destroyed big plans TNA had.
A Main Event Mafia return would have been big…
I think Stings loyalties suddenly shot into place and BOOM! Here he is back on Impact!

The Champ is here!

I think winning the title was defiantly a good thing.. Here you have Jeff Hardy as Heavyweight champion and Hardy sells as well. TNA are on the road FINALLY…3000 fans at impact (TRIPLE! The size of the impact zone) and the anticipated return of the Stinger!

Beautifully done!

Down to the Character…

So I have recapped on what we pretty much all know…What’s my point?
My point is although his new look with his 80’s retro mix and match with his crow look is a cool look. There is a reason that the WWE would have used him as the Crow Sting…And that reason is the same reason fans used to buy out all the sting masks in the WCW that reason is the same reason he sells every time he gets his darker character out.

Sting will always sell..

Sting will always be respected..

Sting can go blonde and green and he will still be loved..

The Crow..
The Crow Sting is what TNA need in just my opinion!
A dark Legend allot like the undertaker in many respects and mainly respects to that is who Sting evolved into.

The TNA Father of the talent…That’s who he plays. And does it well but to me. It takes away the Hype of Sting.

I’d rather see the dark Sting and so would allot of other fans.

But enough of me babbling on.

What are your thoughts?

What ideas do you reckon could work for Sting?

The Last ever Flair vs Sting?

The 1997 HUGE hit Sting vs Hogan rematch?

AJ Styles vs Sting again?

What we talking here? Such a huge asset to TNA and use him right and you have a profiting business…use him wrong your have angry fans wondering why TNA waste the icon…
See less
Reactions: RentoruNeisu
After a very big welcome into the Hall of Fame and some catch line that he’s here yet never stepped foot in a WWE ring.
Then his more Dark character and more ‘crow’ character would have been full beam.
We are talking lights out. Creepy music, thunder and lightning blah blah you get the idea.

It would have worked

It would have sold

Even TNA fans...
See more
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Premium Member
46,388 Posts
I'll be honest, I think the only thing Sting has left at this point is the novelty of him working in the WWE, which I honestly don't think would be that good anyway given his physical state, and the physical state of the opponents I would want him to work with (namely Taker).

He's done it all in TNA, and his match with AJ should have been his send off. I have no desire to see him go up against Hogan again. They fucked it up back in 97 and now they are both 14 years older. Don't want to see it man.

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"TNA's Father" haha.

You got too much time on your hands buddy. Did you really need to write all that out?
oh Buddy I wish I did have too much time on my hands. Unfortunatly writing that took up the only spare time I had.

I think it's actually common sence why I named him TNA's Father actually and doesn't indicate me having too much time on my hands at all :p

Sting the way he talks to every TNA Orginal.

AJ is not the only one he has passed a torch to shine too, look at Abyss...Look at EVERY single story line...even Angle! Sting talks with authority and wisdom.

And I wrote that all clearly because some people have to have it written out clearly... or they misconstrue everything! .........

I agree all thats left is a novelty run in the WWE. And that Noveltly is is BIG ONE! And I say bluddy ell Sting! DO IT NEXT YEAR.... Like I say every year/

· Registered
42 Posts
I'd prefer Sting to never set foot in the WWE. So much hype about it, but it will only be a disappointment. Better for him to remain the most high profile guy never to work for McMahon and hold onto that piece of history.

Have him retire upon losing his belt in a huge match with a younger talent at Slammiversary.

· Is a Snit Head
33,676 Posts
Fantastic answer, There is intelligent life out there...

How about the bigger picture perhaps?
It was a pretty good point actually. I'm not even sure if Hogan could take a bump at this point in his life, and if he could he wouldn't be able to take very man. Without a huge crowd to give it a really epic atmosphere this match would be terrible.

· Banned
7,532 Posts
I've always thought Sting as really talented, he was one of the few interesting face personalities for a long time. Some faces have a hard time being creative with restrictions of being the good guy but Sting always made it work. His ring work was always okay and I found it fun to watch, he always worked like a veteran and his mic work was ace. He would have been a star in the WWE easily.

· Robert Roode.
245 Posts
Sting will never sign with the WWE and I didn't wont him to, becase im a TNA fan.
Wth, i hope you're trolling because i'm probably the biggest tna mark out of all of my friends (even though the show hasnt been too entertaining/still a clusterfudge), but I'd freaking love to see sting in the WWE. Just imagine Sting coming out to a hugee crowd. They better give him a past theme though - i hate how they always change legends' themes.

TNA should seriously get their asses down here and do a PPV in wembley.

· Registered
380 Posts
I would like to see sting have one last crusade against a large stable (such as immortal) before hes done wrestling for good. Although I hope that is not anytime soon. I could care less if hes not the best actual wrestler.

Maybe he could even have someone such as AJ Styles to help him go against Immortal. Have Beer Money turn on AJ Styles and join Immortal so he has a reason to join sting. Let them have a year young battle where Immortal gets the best of Sting and AJ because of the numbers. Then have it culminate with Hogan turning on Immortal and bringing back NWO (for last time) to help Sting and AJ destroy Immortal. Then let Sting retire with NWO (and Hogan) by his side because without them he would have never got as big as he did and vice versa.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Sting will never sign with the WWE and I didn't wont him to, becase im a TNA fan.
I'm a TNA fan too, but who the fuck cares? I don't get a special award if Sting never goes to WWE, and neither do you.

Sting is the only person who somewhat benefits as the only hall-of-fame caliber wrestler to never wrestle for the world's biggest wrestling company. I think if he really wanted to go, he would've went by now. But I could care less if he does or not.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
I'd prefer Sting to never set foot in the WWE. So much hype about it, but it will only be a disappointment. Better for him to remain the most high profile guy never to work for McMahon and hold onto that piece of history.

Have him retire upon losing his belt in a huge match with a younger talent at Slammiversary.
This.

· Premium Member
6,390 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is I...Steve Borden! I'm pimping myself up!

No I'm just Allan Lawrence :( boring 25 year old guy at the office verifying some invoices..this is my sanity chatting away with fellow TNA fans.

and the one thing I have noticed in which this thread is going...A mixed reaction whether Sting should have gone to the WWE or not.

I personally reckon Sting is one of those guys we all want the best for...To see Sting come out to 16,000 fans on RAW with a MASSIVE intro and anticipation it would be something epic.

· Registered
561 Posts

It would have worked

It would have sold

Even TNA fans wanted him to go to the WWE for the good of the fans. To see what he could accomplish on his final few rounds in this business. And I hope next year he actually takes that last step in a final chapter.

However!

Sting stayed with TNA and I believe it was a decision made after the move from Booker T and Kevin Nash to head North.
It literally destroyed big plans TNA had.
A Main Event Mafia return would have been big…

I think Stings loyalties suddenly shot into place and BOOM! Here he is back on Impact!

lol a MEM return would of been big? like 1.2 big? TNA is a wasteland. I feel bad for the guys that are actually good

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.