Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is a serious matter here. We're in 2013 where there is less discrimination on gays(to the point where there is gay marriage) with less discrimination on other races. Started to notice the last couple of years that there was a dramatic increase on discriminating gingers. So what exactly started this. Curious to know why people pick on gingers. I just don't get it

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probably won't get it because I lived in the Caribbean.During grade school we never had any gingers so by the i'm more into my pre adult into adult hood I wouldn't really understand it.

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,836 Posts
ok this is a serious matter here. We're in 2013 where there is less discrimination on gays(to the point where there is gay marriage) with less discrimination on other races. Started to notice the last couple of years that there was a dramatic increase on discriminating gingers. So what exactly started this. Curious to know why people pick on gingers. I just don't get it
I probably won't get it because I lived in the Caribbean.During grade school we never had any gingers so by the i'm more into my pre adult into adult hood I wouldn't really understand it.
Really? C'mon man.

What's to understand? People always need someone to make fun of.
Nationality is out. Race is out. Sexuality is out. Nerds are now cool. What is left?

Might as well be gingers. Because fat jokes are old. :troll

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
What rights do non-Gingers have over Gingers other than Mary Ann > Ginger and it's not even close.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,317 Posts
As a person with red hair but falling just short of a true ginger I don't feel that I'm discriminated against in any way at all. If had the option of being treated the way I am now or treated by others (mostly strangers) as if I were a black or gay person I would take my current status without any hesitation.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
I'm ginger and I never cared too much about it. Anyone who'll discriminate based on something as insignificant as hair colour isn't worth my time anyway. Sure, as a kid it upset me a bit but I really couldn't care less anymore. It's not like it defines me as a person or anything.

·
Premium Member
8,250 Posts
Bullying against ginger haired people certainly has been more in the public light over the last number of years due to kick a ginger day popularized by South Park but it's nowhere near a new thing. As someone who is ginger I got bullied at primary school but by the time I got to high school I heard pretty much every ginger joke in the book so it didn't and still doesn't bother me anymore.

We're one of the last "acceptable" target of people so of course it's grown in interest so to speak at least in the public eye. But it's not like it effects me everyday. Most people don't hate ginger haired people as it's a pretty stupid reason to hate someone. It's not really much different from being bullied because you're overweight or nerdy (though being a nerd is cool now).

Sometimes I do hate being ginger haired but it's not because of being bullied or teased about it at all. Something completely different than that actually.

·
mong
2,794 Posts
They're jealous of all the poontang we get.

...But yeah, I've literally never been teased or bullied for being ginger. I find it really hard to believe that there's adults actually seriously doing it.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Because South Park is a satirical show for people over the age of 18; and people under that age (and still a sizeable portion of people above it) do not understand satire and think it's funny because it's offensive. When in reality, it's 'funny' because it's satirical.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.