Wrestling Forum banner

The Hart Dynasty

1679 23
Does anyone else think it was mistake to break up the Hart Dynasty. Since the break up they have not done anything with these guys. Kidd gets a bodyguard for a two weeks then that gimmick was scrapped & has done nutin really since. DH just pretty much wrestles on Superstars & thats all. I think they should have kept them together as a team & let Natayla go solo. What do you think?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Both of them have done nothing since breaking up. I still see no reason as to why they were broken up. Made zero sense. If i were WWE, i would consider pairing them up again

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
It was an obvious mistake before it was actually done.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
Maybe they should have never split up because their fate isn't getting any better since they split up. But honestly, they weren't that entertaining as a tag team, and i originally had high hopes for Tyson Kidd after they broke up but WWE never gave him a chance to break out as a single wrestler, they kept burying him instead. Now i'm starting to lose interest on him for some reason.

· copy of a copy of a
4,194 Posts
Smith is surprisingly over with the crowd. I have no idea why. Might be that he's literally a babyface. They imagine him in a diaper sucking a pacifier or something. Instead of him kissing babies... ok that's enough.

· Registered
134 Posts
Definetely! I mean The Hart Dynasty was the best team in WWE´s "Tag Team Division" for years and what do they do?
Split them up too early, DH Smith can´t get people excited but has the look, Kidd ain´t got the look but is a solid wrestler!
My prediction...their future in WWE won´t be bright!

· Registered
562 Posts
Neither Kidd or Smith are succeeding outside of their tag team endeavours which goes to show what a mistake it was splitting them. All we get now in the tag teams division is Santino & Kozlov, The Usos and different combinations from stables like The Nexus and The Corre.

· Premium Member
21,882 Posts
The WWE should give their past a break and retire the tag team titles all together. They are cheapened each and every reign nowadays. Make tag matches solely part of story lines as a way to freshen the one on one aspect, but please no more titles.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
WWE has an inexplicable track record of splitting tag teams, and then leaving both guys to do absolutely nothing before one of them gets released a few months later. We've seen it with Cryme Tyme, Jesse and Festus, Deuce and Domino, Cade and Murdoch, London and Kendrick,and so on. When will they learn?

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
Yes It was. Every tag team in the past 2 years was a mistake to break up.
2 years? It's been a hell of a lot longer than that! This problem traces all the way back the the WGTT and probably a lot further than that.

Where WWE go wrong (in my opinion) is in trying to use jobbers like Ryder and Primo as a team. Bacause they're already jobbing, nobody cares. Much better to let teams gain a certain amount of credability and then let them job in singles while still winning as a team, that means they can be booked reasonably strongly against main-eventers in tune-up matches. For example, Tyson Kidd faced Rey Mysterio as a tune-up for CM Punk at WM26, that was the perfect way to setup the PPV match because it gave a preview of what to expect. Ideally (brand positioning and face/heel allignment allowing) Smith should've faced Sheamus as a warm-up for Triple H, another guy who combines power and technique. Later, HD could beat Sheamus and Mysterio with random partners, getting their wins back in their specialty. Everyone comes out looking stronger and more over, it's a win-win scenario.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Well yeh, there was pretty much no point in breaking them up. Can anyone else think of a point?

They weren't massively over, but were still the most over tag team in the company (out of a selection of about four) and they were a solid tag team. They worked together well and could get some good matches with other guys. So there was a small upside to them being a tag team. But they broke up for NO reason at all. A month or so ago, I thought it was because they maybe wanted to push Kidd (with his new bodyguard) but then the next week...they were squashed by Mark Henry and since then, neither guy has done ANYTHING.

There hasn't really even been the attempt at a push for either guy. They are just...there. They don't do anything other than go out and lose, or go out and win (on superstars). I think Kidd would make a good feud with Bryan right now (like it was hinted at a month or so ago), and even in losing the matches could be great and the title would at least get some kind of recognition with Kidd's in ring talent being utilised too. DH is a natural babyface and should be slowly built to a mid-card title type positino to see how he does with that.

I'm not expecting either of them to be immediately pushed to the top of the card, but if you take the time to break them up (a lot of time by the way, they were breaking up for months) then at least make an effort to do SOMETHIGN with them, otherwise it's a waste of time. That's what the Hart Dynasty break up was...a waste of time.

· My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,145 Posts
It was one of those decisions that was so obviously stupid at the time that I had trouble believing they would actually go through with it even when they spent months hinting at it.

Now they have taken an awful decision and mishandled it in a way that makes me think they were looking to sabotage these two guys. It's almost the only explanation. Creative CAN'T be THIS fucking stupid.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.