Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
HEADBANGA
25,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During the introductions of Neville/Kidd of tonights NXT show, there was a glitch in the video which briefly flashed SOLOMON. Seems like Solomon Crowe will debut during February 11th special event! :mark:

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
YESSSSSSS!!!!!! we just shouted, we knew immediately lol.

in time for his debut he needs to have his fake bake confiscated though.

Crowe vs Neville, aw yeah baybay.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Interested to see if this guy lives up to the hype he's been given on this forum, because everything I've seen from him so far has been complete trash.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
His debut will be canceled like last time.

But in all seriousness, I'm happy for him not being a generic indie talent with no gimmick.

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
About fucking time. How long he been in the WWE now? Almost 2 years? He just now debuting on NXT.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Interested to see if this guy lives up to the hype he's been given on this forum, because everything I've seen from him so far has been complete trash.

My hopes for his debut aren't that high but over a 3 month period or so, I think he should probably grow on most fans.

There's definitely some hype since he's a well known indy name but most of it is just fans getting impatient since he hasn't appeared on TV so long.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
:dance

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Come on man, I haven't watched NXT yet and I didn't even enter the sub forum. Please don't put spoilers in thread titles. :side:

I'm seriously going to campaign an NXT specific mod to stop the spoilers soon. :(

·
El Ingobernable
887 Posts
I'm excited to see where this goes, but the gimmick immediately seemed 20 years outdated from the .01 second interruption. Dial-up modem sound, Crowe in a room that looked a lot like the old WCW Saturday Night set, surrounded by lasers.... Looked really cheezy, but whatever.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,770 Posts
Come on man, I haven't watched NXT yet and I didn't even enter the sub forum. Please don't put spoilers in thread titles. :side:

I'm seriously going to campaign an NXT specific mod to stop the spoilers soon. :(
To be honest though man, It's not really a spoiler once the episode has aired. Just saying :)

I'm excited to see where this goes, but the gimmick immediately seemed 20 years outdated from the .01 second interruption. Dial-up modem sound, Crowe in a room that looked a lot like the old WCW Saturday Night set, surrounded by lasers.... Looked really cheezy, but whatever.
Yeah but I think it's supposed to look underground and cheesy. I'm interested to see if his look changes when he debuts. And PLEASE let him use the Headlock Driver now that Ambrose stopped using it, Crowe does it better than anyone.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
To be honest though man, It's not really a spoiler once the episode has aired. Just saying :)
Yea but it would still be nice to go a couple of hours or maybe even just a single day without having spoilers in the thread titles. Then you can actually still browse the rest of the forum without seeing a spoiler in a thread title from the forum index. :shrug

It's just... courtesy. NXT (and other shows) are live here beginning at 11:30am, and I'm normally out, so I don't have the option to watch it live that often.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts

Yeah but I think it's supposed to look underground and cheesy. I'm interested to see if his look changes when he debuts. And PLEASE let him use the Headlock Driver now that Ambrose stopped using it, Crowe does it better than anyone.

That's all about the guy taking the move. When Dean Ambrose does it to Kofi Kingston it looks beautiful (better than any of those). Solomon Crowe is not gonna do anything with that move when Kane is on the other end.

That move is just not a suitable wrestling move, it's not practical because there's a minimal amount of people that can sell it properly.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
On one hand, Crowe is a top 3 talent out of the current roster.

On the other, the gimmick is horrible and essentially guarantees that he'll never do anything as long as he has it.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,770 Posts
Yea but it would still be nice to go a couple of hours or maybe even just a single day without having spoilers in the thread titles. Then you can actually still browse the rest of the forum without seeing a spoiler in a thread title from the forum index. :shrug

It's just... courtesy. NXT (and other shows) are live here beginning at 11:30am, and I'm normally out, so I don't have the option to watch it live that often.
That's fair, but I guess people get too excited and want to talk about it asap, most people forget that people from numerous time-zones view this forum. I guess the only thing I can suggest is to stay out of sub-forums that you are not caught up with? :draper2

That's all about the guy taking the move. When Dean Ambrose does it to Kofi Kingston it looks beautiful (better than any of those). Solomon Crowe is not gonna do anything with that move when Kane is on the other end.

That move is just not a suitable wrestling move, it's not practical because there's a minimal amount of people that can sell it properly.
I don't know man, I've seen him execute it the same way on EVERYONE, even some much bigger guys who are in the 350lb range.

When Ambrose did it, he'd usually try and snap with his arm and it would end up looking stupid with the seller taking the move as a facebuster. Ambrose would never hold the headlock until impact, Crowe ALWAYS has, and the head always guides the body, so if Crowe pulls someone down scalp first they will naturally flip over top.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
That's fair, but I guess people get too excited and want to talk about it asap, most people forget that people from numerous time-zones view this forum. I guess the only thing I can suggest is to stay out of sub-forums that you are not caught up with? :draper2
I do, but you still see thread titles at the forum index, where you see all subforums. And I'm posting a fair bit in the WWE section now so my eyes are always near it. :$

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Very excited for his debut obviously and as cheesy as the gimmick may look, it will work in NXT.

The issue will be transferring the gimmick to the main roster. I'm still not sure what the gimmick exactly is yet. We've only seen bits and pieces and can only guess.

Crowe vs Neville should be a cracking program though.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts