Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Storm.

The man has been with TNA since day one and has nothing but contribute to the product in a huge way, largely as a standard of tag team excellence.

Together with "Wildcat" Chris Harris, Storm came into TNA as part of the tag team "America's Most Wanted" as they soon became the crown jewel of TNA's tag team division.

- America's Most Wanted was TNA's defining team in the early years. Their feuds with New Church, Triple X, The Naturals, Team 3D, Team Canada, & AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels rank up their as some of the best tag team feuds & matches in company history.
- Going back to AMW's feud with XXX, the two cage matches between the two teams are very significant in TNA's history: The 1st was TNA's first ever cage match while the 2nd is my personal favorite match in TNA history.
- James Storm & Chris Harris were 6 time tag team champs together (with both members gaining a second reign when teamed up with a member of XXX). To date, they are still the longest reigning Tag Champs in company history (if NWA & TNA Title histories are counted together).
- The first TNA show I ever watched was the very first episode of Impact on FSN which featured AMW winning back the tag titles. They were the most memorable part of the show.
- Interestingly, Storm manages to find himself in Lethal Lockdown quite often, having participated in the event 3 times, once with AMW, once while going singles, & once as part of Beer Money. He's also been involved in 'The Big Spot' of all three of them.

List of my favorite AMW Matches:
- Vs. New Church (January 2003)
- Vs. XXX (1 Year Anniversary Show)
- Vs. XXX: First Ever TNA Steel Cage Match (June 2003)
- Vs. New York Connection (July 2003)
- Vs. The Naturals: 1st Six Sides of Steel (July 2004)
- Vs. XXX: Six Sides of Steel (Turning Point 2004)
- Vs. Team Canada (Final Resolution 2005)
- Vs. The Naturals (Hard Justice 2005)
- Vs. Team 3D (Impact October 2005)
- Vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels (New Year's Impact 2006)
- w/Jarrett & Abyss vs. Killings, Team 3D, & Rhino (Destination X 2006)
- Sting's Warriors vs. Jarrett's Army: Lethal Lockdown (Lockdown 2006)
- Vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels (Sacrifice 2006)
- Vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels (Slammiversary 2006)

Following AMW's break up, Storm went singles for about a year and a half and did well for himself in the run. Fully adapting the drunken cowboy gimmick to his singles success, Storm became one of the most entertaining personalities in TNA. The biggest highlights were a feud with former partner Chris Harris & a feud with Rhino over Rhino's troubled past with alcohol.

Storm's standout matches away from AMW:
- Vs. Chris Harris: Texas Deathmatch (Sacrifice 2007) = One of the very best matches in TNA history.
- Vs. Chris Harris: King of the Mountain Qualifier (Impact June 2007)
- Vs. Rhino (Victory Road 2007)
- Vs. Rhino (No Surrender 2007)
- Vs. Eric Young (Against All Odds 2008)
- Vs. Sting (Impact April 2008)
- w/Tomko, AJ, Team 3D vs. Cage, Rhino, Nash, Sting, & Morgan: Lethal Lockdown 2008
- Vs. Jeff Hardy (Impact 2010)
- Vs. Rob Van Dam: Steel Cage Match (Lockdown 2010)

After his single run, Storm found even more success in the tag team world as he paired with Robert Roode to form Beer Money Inc. Its funny but I rarely heard people question AMW as being TNA's top tag team ever until Beer Money showed up and succeeded as well as they did. When it comes to tag teams, Storm just has a magic touch.

- As of right now, Beer Money have held TNA tag gold 3 times & have turned out some of the best tag matches in company history, much like AMW did before theme. In particular, their matches with LAX, Team 3D, The Motor Machine Guns, British Invasion, & against the likes of Rob Van Dam & Jeff Hardy.

Favorite Beer Money Matches
- Vs. LAX (Impact June 2008, birth of Beer Money)
- Vs. LAX (Hard Justice 2008)
- Vs. Team 3D vs. LAX vs. Abyss & Matt Morgan: Monster's Ball (Bound for Glory 2008)
- Vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Turning Point 2008)
- Vs. Team 3D (Lockdown 2009)
- Vs. British Invasion (Sacrifice 2009)
- Vs. Team 3D (Slammiversary 2009)
- Vs. Team 3D vs. Main Event Mafia vs. British Invasion: Full Metal Mayhem (Bound for Glory 2009)
- Vs. The Band (Genesis 2010...just because they got a surprise win)
- Vs. Jeff Hardy & Rob Van Dam (Impact March 2010)
- Team Hogan vs. Team Flair: Lethal Lockdown (Lockdown 2010)
- Vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Victory Road 2010)

That's a long list of great work & accomplishments from one James Storm. Will he ever break through and be a World Champ? Probably not, but he is a very important part of the company's history and I say, three cheers for the Cowboy!

And if you don't like it, Sorry About Your Damn Luck!

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
I do think he is an exceptionally good wrestler. So is Roode. The only problem is that one will get pushed and the other could suffer if Beer Money broke up.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The man is Mr. Credibility when it comes to TNA's tag team division. Whilst he could probably make it as a singles competitor I just think with AJ, Anderson, Pope, Joe, Wolfe, Morgan and Kazarian all being credible potential stars (AJ probably already is one) he'd probably just get lost in the shuffle. Beer Money are a very successful tag team so I'd keep them together for a while longer.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
Great overall performer, fantastic in the ring and very good on the mic too. I can see him main-eventing in a year or two.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
To be honest coming into this thread, I was expecting to see Sabin in here. However, Storm is right up there with him (as was Christopher Daniels who was the top really when he was around.)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Since daniels is gone,i couldn't agree more with you.He's one of the most underrated talents on the roster and i personally prefer him to Roode.

·
Banned
420 Posts
He is a very big part of TNA's tag history. Sadly if he ever went to the singles scene he would be a mid carder for life. Best he stays in Beer Money but Beer Money hurts Robert Roode who could easily be a main eventer.

·
Banned
67 Posts
I really like James Storm. He always has me in fits of laughter with his boozer cruiser and his other antics. He is great in a tag team whether it is AMW or Beer Money.
I also enjoyed his singles run and his drinking competition with Eric Young was hilarious!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Storm and Roode both definitely fit here. Roode was excellent wit the Roode Inc. with EY and Ms. Brooks and then the Booker T feud that led to him being in KOTM in 08. Who'd have thought after Team Canada and AMW splitted that an even better tag team would arise and become (at one point) faces?!

No mentions for Homocide and Chris Sabin is definitely one here. I'm glad he has the tag team title because he should be further ahead especially after his runs around 2005/06 with the X-Division title.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,969 Posts
Yes OP, so much wasted talent. Should be on the verge of the main event getting involved with guys like Jarrett and Sting, in singles competition.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Unsung hero?

Alex Shelley, with the potential to be a top heel and Abyss, a guy who may not have masses of talent but has been involved from near the very start and has ripped his body to shreds for the entertainment of those morons in the Impact Zone and all fans watching the product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts