1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Jake Roberts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If were talking WWE title too, then Owen Hart. Even a short reign during his feud with Bret would have been nice.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would say Rodney of the Mean Street Posse, but if I recall correctly, he did win the hardcore belt.

All time? Jake Roberts. Recently, I'd say Chris Masters. Dude was long overdue an intercontinental/US title reign.

·
Asuka
96,210 Posts
Greatest wrestler to never win ANY title in WWE? Well, objectively, I'd have to say Ultimo Dragon. It's kinda surprising how he just fizzled out in WWE considering what a big name he is on the world stage, especially considering the push they're giving Mistico. Jake Roberts is definately my favourite, though (well, not my absolute favourite guy to never win a belt, but the only one who's had a long enough tenure and not won one), and easily the oddest case of a guy not winning any title. That's really strange, considering how long he was there and how he was involved in big feuds like with Undertaker, Ted Dibiase, etc. I'd have thought they'd give him SOMETHING. He invented the DDT for fucks sake. I mean, he didn't need it to be over, but neither did half the guys that got them to begin with.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
I know hes won plenty of belts in his time, but to this day I find it absolutely astounding that Undertaker has never won the IC belt. WWE should find a way to give him a run before he's gone. It's the only belt he needs for the Grand Slam

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
It has to be Jake "The Snake" Roberts. If they hadn't done the Sgt. Slaughter Gulf war angle, it would have been awesome to see Jake feud with Warrior, win the WWF Championship and then feud with Hogan. These are two feuds I've always wanted to see. He did start a feud with Warrior, but they never had a match as far as I remember.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It has to be Jake "The Snake" Roberts. If they hadn't done the Sgt. Slaughter Gulf war angle, it would have been awesome to see Jake feud with Warrior, win the WWF Championship and then feud with Hogan. These are two feuds I've always wanted to see. He did start a feud with Warrior, but they never had a match as far as I remember.
Jake "The Snake"'s 1991 heel turn came when he attacked Warrior with a cobra. They just used that as an excuse for Warrior being gone until he settled a dispute with Vince and was hired back.

To answer the OP, yeah, how Roberts never had an IC run is beyond me.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Brian

Fucking

Pillman

He would have won at least an IC title and/or Euro gold, but he died so I digress
To be honest, I've always thought Pillman could have went beyond that. After Austin won the Title, we could have seen Pillman take the role Foley took in the Spring of 98' as Vince's corporate lackey. If not then, at some point there would have totally been a legit Pillman/Austin feud.

I'd have to go with Jake Roberts first, Brian Pillman second. Also, there isn't a doubt in my mind Mohammad Hassan was destined to become WHW/WWE Champion.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Good call on Pillman.

Part of what made Jake Roberts so great is that he truly didn't need the title. I cared more about what he was doing than 90% of the roster without any title ever being at stake.

Other honourables, Vader, Bam Bam, Jimmy Snuka, Kamala, Jinsei Shinzaki, Harley Race, Great Sasuke and Bob Orton Jr..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts