Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mean I started tuning into WWE in 2002. And there were great moments from that era. But from clips and a few episodes that I've seen the best years seem to be from 98 to 2000.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The 90's. Everything about WWE was at its peak, from the people to the theme songs and story lines. Steve Austin, Rock, Razor Ramon, Nash, Jake the Snake, Sable, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Mankind, Bret Hart, all the best people.

·
Registered
299 Posts
2000 was the best.

I watched wrestling from 90 to 93 as a child but kinda grew out of it, by late 99 i picked it up again as a teenager and loved the edgier content.

How could you not be a fan in 2000? It was such a great year with multiple great ppvs and moments.

·
Registered
592 Posts
84-89 was their glory days new generation and attitude era up until Over The Edge was their second glory days everything else after that downhill.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
  • Jan: Hart Foundation beats Bulldogs for tag-titles; heel referee Danny Davis suspended for life, Demolition debuts
  • Feb: Andre the Giant turns heel, Honkytonk Man attacks Jake Roberts, latter turning face, Ricky Steamboat returns, SNME features heel Andre winning Battle Royal
  • Mar: WrestleMania 3 (Hogan beats Andre, Steamboat beats Savage)
  • Apr: Ken Patera Story airs, Brutus Beefcake vignettes air on his becoming a barber
  • May: A returning Ken Patera attacks Bobby Heenan in debate, Islanders turn heel, OMG debuts
  • Jun: Honkytonk Man wins IC title from Steamboat, Can-Ams feud with Islanders, Hogan vs Race
  • Jul: Million Dollar Man vignettes air, Can-Ams split, Mr T joins as referee
  • Aug: Battle for Bam-Bam story, Honkytonk Man declares he's the greatest ever, Strike Force forms
  • Sep: Savage challenges Honkytonk Man, Billy Graham forced into retirement, Muraco face turn, Ted Dibiase and Bam Bam Bigelow debut
  • Oct: MegaPowers form, Strike Force beats Harts for tag-titles, Ultimate Warrior debuts
  • Nov: Survivor Series with Andre's return, Demolition vs Patera/Haynes
  • Dec: Ted Dibiase tries to buy the world title from Hulk Hogan
Month by month, major storylines (many legendary) and filled with the debuts of Hall of Famers such as Ted Dibiase, Ultimate Warrior, and Jim Duggan. A young RVD even has a cameo! Consistently the most entertaining year from beginning to end.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
I agree with 2000, once the mid card got the radicals and Kurt Angle, Jericho turning it up it really complimented the top card with Rock who was on fire.

But I do have a soft spot for 1992. The combo of Flair, Perfect and Heenan in the WWF - wins rumble, has a classic with Savage at WM, wins title again, puts over Bret, finishes with the awesome Perfect face turn angle. Loved it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts