Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from another forum

Did anyone else notice that on Impact! during Douglas Williams' intro as he walked to the ring Tenay noted that Williams was a former X-division champ as well as tag champ- but didn't mention the TV title, which he held most recently?? That coupled with the fact that no mention has been made of the title since Abyss's departure leads to me believe that TNA is dropping this belt, and hopes people will just forget about it.
I re-watched that part, and yes, Tenay didnt mention that Williams is a former tv champ and it will probably lead to the tv title being desactivated, the title isnt gonna be missed aniyways, TNA could try and elevate by X-division title by having guys like Hernandez,Morgan,Anderson(after his feud with Hardy/RVD is over) fight it.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Re: The future of the Tv title

honestly i liked the tv title but they could retire it until they at least have the ability to have 2 shows. they could just elevate the xdivision title until they are able to get enough tv time to accommodate another title.

· Registered
10 Posts

I think they need the TV title back to add to mid card feuds. Guys like Pope, Joe, and any other bigger names that aren't in the world title picture should be fighting for it.

· Registered
23,494 Posts

I already forgot it existed (took me a few moments to remember they had it when I saw the thread title lol), but since the X-Division title really is just a Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight title they could do with a mid card title still. Besides, I thought titles meant "power" to Immortal, so why not strip Abyss of the belt and give it to someone else in the group or something? Or am I thinking too logically into a dumb storyline? :p

· Usertitle ist hier
14,616 Posts

May as well.

I'd rather have the inactive and non-existent, once a month disappearing act of the Knockout's Tag Titles than a singles title that helps to elevate and help talent in the midcard and slightly above.

· Registered
2,680 Posts

The X-Division Title was the only midcard title that was needed anyway. "Separate division" my tail, we all knew what it was.

They could always hold another tournament for the TV title.... :side:

· Banned
9,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

The X-Division Title was the only midcard title that was needed anyway. "Separate division" my tail, we all knew what it was.

They could always hold another tournament for the TV title.... :side:
No one cares about that title, the casual fans still see it as Booker's toy

Ok that made me laugh, but the thing is that since Anderson is a former World Champion, he will make the X-division worthy again. IDK if you would rather have Hernandez or Robbie E as top heel of the midcard..

Anderson/Hernandez are in the uppercard and it will make sense if anyone of them get the X-division belt(if TNA gets rid of the tv title for good)
I already forgot it existed (took me a few moments to remember they had it when I saw the thread title lol), but since the X-Division title really is just a Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight title they could do with a mid card title still. Besides, I thought titles meant "power" to Immortal, so why not strip Abyss of the belt and give it to someone else in the group or something? Or am I thinking too logically into a dumb storyline? :p
Lets look at the rest of Immortal who doesnt have a title.

Gunner/Murphy: No credibility at all.
Rob Terry: LOL
Bischoff: Non-Wrestler.
Ric Flair: Injured.
Jeff Jarrett: Busy with Angle
That leaves Matt Hardy, and if he gets the tv title belt, look for the amount of bitching he will receive in this forum.

· Premium Member
46,610 Posts

Well we'll see what they do with the TV Title once Abyss comes back. My thinking is that they'll probably turn it over to the Big Guys for a while. We've got Morgan, Abyss, Hernandez, Crimson, Terry, Steiner, & dudes like that so maybe they could turn it into a psuedo hardcore title for the time being OR at least a land of the Giants type of situation for a while.

· Registered
12,861 Posts

Having a real mid-card title was good idea, calling it the TV title was a bad idea keep Abyss off TV for 4 more weeks so at Victory Road you have Shawn Hernandez (With Flair in the corner) vs AJ Styles for the TV title have Hernandez win the title with Flair helps on impact have Hernandez change the name of the belt to the TNA North-American Title (Shawn Hernandez is Mexican/American).

· Banned
2,204 Posts

Got this from another forum

I re-watched that part, and yes, Tenay didnt mention that Williams is a former tv champ and it will probably lead to the tv title being desactivated, the title isnt gonna be missed aniyways, TNA could try and elevate by X-division title by having guys like Hernandez,Morgan,Anderson(after his feud with Hardy/RVD is over) fight it.
I wouldnt object, there are too many singles divisions to supply a good tag division, maybe they can rename the show

"Tonight on TNA's X-TV!" Catch the overstated drift?

· Registered
1,129 Posts

Shouldn't they strip Abyss of the title after 30 days or something anyway, with him being inactive.

They could bring it back and build it up as the top mid-card title and drop the X Division title to low-card title.

· Banned
2,204 Posts

Shouldn't they strip Abyss of the title after 30 days or something anyway, with him being inactive.

They could bring it back and build it up as the top mid-card title and drop the X Division title to low-card title.
Here's your 30 days for the clause, mate

Abyss. A guy who's been off TV for about a month

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.