Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now with a new, secure, settled TV home in AXS TV thanks to Anthem giving them a stable network and a lot of good recovery work done in the D'Amore/Callis era to date to help the company move on from past bad business practices, what is the future of Impact going forward?

I haven't read anything online about a long term plan/vision being place like you can find with Khan on AEW and Corgan on NWA, but now that the ship has been righted, there has to be talk now about how to move and grow this promotion from here on. The product has been consistent for a while now and the PPVs have mostly been very good. At the same time though the roster has been weakening over the past year with some key losses, the arenas for their TV haven't been filled, they've gotten into some trouble for some of the segments they've shown, and it's hard to find any numbers on their ratings, finances, etc. online but it's hard to see them flourishing in those regards atm otherwise they wouldn't be losing so many people as of late.

Where do you guys think Impact will end up in the future?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I think they end up replacing ROH in the spectrum of wrestling, eventually. But the ceiling for them is #3.

That said, there is room for market differentiation by presenting a TV-14 product that is geared exclusively towards adults in characters and storyline arcs....basically the space that ECW once had before the WWF and WCW co-opted them. The advantage that they have is that Anthem owns them and as long as they are profitable they are unlikely to cancel the show or close down the promotion.

·
Registered
343 Posts
They are still getting a lot of things wrong. The arenas are so small that the cameras can't even get a good wide shot of the action. The lighting is poor. How many people actually watch on AXS? who wants to watch Rhino, RVD, Johnny Swinger, Ken Shamrock, Joey Ryan or Tommy Dreamer lol. I hope Cage and Blanchard go off to AEW when their contracts run out. This promotion has fallen so far that there is no way back. I don't even think that Anthem have the ambition to grow them back to the success of the glory years.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I personally enjoy Impact but then again I pretty much like all wrestling aside from ROH and WWE. They have nice core pieces and I actually like their presentation style.

They will probably never live down the stigma of their past and making a woman world champ but thats just fans being dumb. I think theyre fine

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anthem will simply focus on making IMPACT an important asset to their channels (Fight Network and AXS), and still continue having multiple international deals.

I don't think IMPACT needs to be anything more or less as it is right now. A decent promotion on several TV channels in the world producing good content.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Impact will probably surpass ROH in the future and be the number three promotion in America again. However, they should really weigh the possibility of being AEW`s NXT, and provide them with talent for Dynamite and assistance with a streaming service. In return, as AEW already has a training facility, they just need a place to send their graduates to. AEW can also allow Impact to be a part of the AEW video game, which would be big for Impact since there hasn’t been a video game for consoles since TNA iMPACT in '08. It’s just been mobile games since then. They both have strong ties to AAA as well and might both have strong ties to NOAH as well one day, so they should all just stick together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts