Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts
Re: The Four Horsewomen Want To Main Event Wrestlemania Together

If they want to do it, cool I guess, but at least give it some sort of big story other than just putting them in that spot for PR.

I got my Becky main event so I'm happy, but if there is a match which deserves that spot more, then that match should main event.

Reigns got shitted on for only having good matches in the main event even though he had to deal with fossils like Taker and HHH and a lazy bum like Brock, if Becky is the Man then she should face similar criticism for only having a "perfectly good" match.

In Vince's mind the women showed they can't step it up under the brightest lights and it's going to make him less likely to give them that opportunity again in the future.
There is a difference between perfectly good, and utter shit which is how most people were describing it, which I think it didn't deserve at all.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts

Reigns got shitted on for only having good matches in the main event even though he had to deal with fossils like Taker and HHH and a lazy bum like Brock, if Becky is the Man then she should face similar criticism for only having a "perfectly good" match.

In Vince's mind the women showed they can't step it up under the brightest lights and it's going to make him less likely to give them that opportunity again in the future.
You're kidding? I like Reigns but your above statement contradicts the below considering those matches weren't good but Vince kept sticking him in the main-event with fossils anyway. It has nothing to with Vince thinking the women can/cannot step it up considering their match at Mania 32 ended up being one of the only two good matches on the card. Yet they went to multi-women matches at 33 with Sasha and Becky on the pre-show at 34. While Reigns kept main-eventing.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

I'm sorry but none of the Roman matches in the WM ME were good. 31 is hyped because of the cash-in which frankly is a bit over-rated and I saw it coming from a mile away. 32 and 33 were DUDs and 34 was a stupid finisher fest. The women's match was OK but the ending was out of nowhere as well as poorly done. I don't want to see a Fatal Fourway in the ME of WM. We did that with the men 20 years ago and it was poorly done and had the wrong winner. Please don't do it again.

·
Registered
854 Posts

Unless they get The Rock or some other celeb what male match screams possible main event? Seth has gone over everyone and is still a geek,Roman and Brock have had multiple main events and their is nothing that is new and compelling enough for them to do to be Main Event worthy.
I could definitely see a male main event that would exceed this, this match doesnt scream main event for me all of the girls have cooled off significantly from their peaks and one of them I just outright dont enjoy. Honestly, Id rather it main event a B PPV. Any way, we are way too early for this or another main event to know what will "scream main event" at wrestlemania. Plus, most talk I hear around the WWE is around Bray Wyatt right now so if anyone would be my thought for the main even it would be him against Brock or Seth or something. Brock Lesnar is still clearly the most mainstream guy in wrestling. I still feel like the only reason any girls, at this point, should be main eventing wrestlemania is if Ronda returns. I feel like this group peaked at mania with Ronda and her star power carried it to that spot. Until there is a truly huge star to come I just dont see the division having the star power.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,948 Posts

You're kidding? I like Reigns but your above statement contradicts the below considering those matches weren't good but Vince kept sticking him in the main-event with fossils anyway. It has nothing to with Vince thinking the women can/cannot step it up considering their match at Mania 32 ended up being one of the only two good matches on the card. Yet they went to multi-women matches at 33 with Sasha and Becky on the pre-show at 34. While Reigns kept main-eventing.
It's not a contradiction if you know how Vince thinks, his favorites are obviously going to get leeway that others don't like how Bray and Samoa Joe got labled injury prone, but guys like Cena and Edge got injured a ton without being labled injury prone. Look at Evolution which was considered a flop even though it technically sold out, because the building wasn't filled they don't think the women can draw enough to justify Evolution 2, but them having to paper Stomping Grounds didn't make consider Seth a non draw. I'm sure there are tons of other examples of the standards not being applied equally.

·
Premium Member
10,740 Posts

How did Becky botch the ending?
The ref should have waited for Ronda's shoulders to be on the mat to start the count...rewriting history much?

Considering it takes 7000 hours now for WM to get to it's ME I don't know how keen I would be to be honest. The crowd and the home viewer is just so burnt out by then.
This is true. I was there, I slept during Angle's match and a couple of other matches to recharge to be active for the main event. People here talk a lot of shit, but unless you were there for 7h+ u have no idea how bad it gets, and it was fucking cold as fuck after 10pm which made me just want to sit in my jacket and barely move.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts

Given that two people from this idiotic "Horsewomen" stable ruined a WM ME and have yet to inject any kind of mainstream interest into the product (after pinning the only mainstream star they had), sure it's a good idea.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts

I'd prefer Lexi/Asuka. what a dream match that would be, particularly for the raw title.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts

There is currently no other wrestler or feud I would want to see in the mainevent. And clearly these girls are more determined than these younger guys have been for the last 2 years.

Aiming for the mainevent is cool. Nothing wrong with that. But I cant help but notice, all these "Men" taking a backseat, to support Womens revolution (which has already happened two years ago and passed by).

IDK if every other talent apart from these 4 women are incompetent and complacent or scared of being called patriarchs and misogynists. For the Mania mainevent, there should always be competition regardless of gender.

·
Baby Yoda
29,753 Posts

There is currently no other wrestler or feud I would want to see in the mainevent. And clearly these girls are more determined than these younger guys have been for the last 2 years.

Aiming for the mainevent is cool. Nothing wrong with that. But I cant help but notice, all these "Men" taking a backseat, to support Womens revolution (which has already happened two years ago and passed by).

IDK if every other talent apart from these 4 women are incompetent and complacent or scared of being called patriarchs and misogynists. For the Mania mainevent, there should always be competition regardless of gender.
The hunger isn't there anymore, they're all happy to be there and don't care about their positions on the card.

The only one who wants it is Rollins, even Reigns was kissing ass last year. I can respect Rollins for wanting to be the top star, wish more had the same hunger for it, the company wouldn't be in this shape if wrestlers weren't content with their positions and were gunning for the top.

NJPW has a big 4, WWE doesn't even have a big one. They're all interchangeable jabronis. Reigns included, who after 4 years of main eventing WM is a complete fucking nobody. Honestly, what the fuck has he done since he came back? I really wouldn't have a clue.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,181 Posts

Sure, I’m all for it. As long as Mania is going to keep being 8 hours long, the women going last lets me tune out early.

Imagine the worst of all time promos Sasha & Bayley will be able to do for the build of this match.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts

I'm gonna give a nah to this right now. The main event had a botched ending, and even if it hadn't been botched it was gonna be a roll up finish. Really?

Also, these four have faced each other how many times now? You literally CAN'T build it to Wrestlemania without acknowledging the other 50 times they've already fought each other.

Deliver something new.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts

I'd really rather not.

All the talk from the Horsewomen and The Shield previously about Headlining WM together, the Main Event of WrestleMania isn't mean to to be the best friends segment. The Biggest angle should Main Event, not just some angle thats revolving around a bunch of buddies backstage.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts