Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Re: The Four Horsewomen Want To Main Event Wrestlemania Together

It will never happen again. Not only was the womens main event an utter bomb, but it was only done for PR. Now that they've done it, they can't milk it for publicity. Nobody cares anymore. That's why the second year of its existence, the womens Royal Rumble didn't close, that's why there's no Evolution 2, and that's why they will not main event WrestleMania again.

They will. Not for a while, but they will. When Vince dies Stephanie will have them women on last every other year or so.

They are gonna have to compete with Social Justice Wrestling, sorry, I mean All Elite Wrestling for who is the #1 woke promotion. Social Justice Wrestling have AOC tweeting about them.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

Well 2020 is the 20'th anniversary of the only other WrestleMania fatal four way main event, so with that being written, it's quite possible. Although highly unlikely still possible and if theirs ever a foursome of women who were capable of making this draw interest and positive attention it's these 4.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts

Sounds like Chalotte wants that shit. Likely cuz she has a 50 percent chance of winning, and while I don't think the other women would turn it down, it doesn't sound like they were exactly seeking such a match either.

Also how silly is it to have a espn sit down match between 4 people supposedly hating each other where they're complimenting one another? Continuity, WWE, learn it.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

Yeah, because the main event this year was an all time classic right? :eyeroll

Honestly, if they want this to be "the main event" of Mania it shouldn't close the show, simple as that, because people won't care after 765900 hours of wrestling, even if it is better than the shitty main event of this year. Just hope that, if it happens, the winner of the match isn't the worst performer of said match, like this year.

Reactions: Ace

·
FOTC
10,720 Posts

Was Becky even interviewed in this article? I didn't read a quote from her.

·
Registered
493 Posts

Oh people are still acting like this year's main event was bad?

Other then the finish and the crowd being tired it was a perfectly good match. it will forever be a mystery to me how this match is considered bad.
Bad is strong. I would call it underwhelming.

I feel for all of them. Expectations were huge for that match.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,570 Posts

You never know. Fans never thought women would ever headline Mania and usually laughed at the thought of it.

If Rousey was the only reason, then one day another female athlete even bigger than her might make the jump and they do it again.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,568 Posts

Bad is strong. I would call it underwhelming.

I feel for all of them. Expectations were huge for that match.
I agree it maybe wasn't up to bar with people's (HUGE) expectations but people are unfairly hard on this match (IMO)

I think some of the people that hated women's wrestling were gonna shit on this match no matter how good it was anyways so whatever.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,948 Posts

I agree it maybe wasn't up to bar with people's (HUGE) expectations but people are unfairly hard on this match (IMO)

I think some of the people that hated women's wrestling were gonna shit on this match no matter how good it was anyways so whatever.
Reigns got shitted on for only having good matches in the main event even though he had to deal with fossils like Taker and HHH and a lazy bum like Brock, if Becky is the Man then she should face similar criticism for only having a "perfectly good" match.

In Vince's mind the women showed they can't step it up under the brightest lights and it's going to make him less likely to give them that opportunity again in the future.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts

I'd love Bayley to main event.....the pre-show lol!

Reactions: Deathiscoming

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,568 Posts

Reigns got shitted on for only having good matches in the main event even though he had to deal with fossils like Taker and HHH and a lazy bum like Brock, if Becky is the Man then she should face similar criticism for only having a "perfectly good" match.

In Vince's mind the women showed they can't step it up under the brightest lights and it's going to make him less likely to give them that opportunity again in the future.
Oh don't get me wrong I don't think Becky is fantastic in the ring like some people do. but she didn't stink up the joint like people are acting. did she botch the finish? yeah probably but other then that she did her part.

I don't know what goes on in Vince's head but writing the women off from ever maineventing WM again because of one "disappointing" match is stupid.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts