Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way they just passed straight over gunner, who's a heel worries me.
and the fact Storm only really got his catchphrase in didn't fill me with hopes of Roodes chances either.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
everything went the way it should have. Do you even realize why Roode had the main promo. Because he is winning the world title clearly at BFG. The company has tried everything they can to get Gunner over. He is just far from being ready to be over if he can even manage that any any point anyways. Storm is clearly going to turn heel.

You can tell they went out of the way to tell us hey.If storm wins or if i win Roode we will be celebrating holding each others hand at BFG. Clearly thats because the complete opposite will happen.

I see Storm turning Heel and raising roodes hand giving him a beer after BFG,Then smashing a beer over his head and quote"Sorry about your dam Luck"

Show ends

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
So they teased roode vs storm and you are worried?

Well, I'm afraid of the SWERVE! but that segment not only pointed towards roode wining the title but also storm vs roode feud after it which is great.

·
Premium Member
43,608 Posts
This is TNA we're dealing with, so you never know, BUT I heavily doubt they would go to the trouble of turning Angle heel (which still makes no sense people!) just to have him face a heel at Bound for Glory for the title.

Its going to be Roode that wins this thing. I can't see any other way.

·
Banned
611 Posts
This is TNA we're dealing with, so you never know, BUT I heavily doubt they would go to the trouble of turning Angle heel (which still makes no sense people!) just to have him face a heel at Bound for Glory for the title.

Its going to be Roode that wins this thing. I can't see any other way.
Agree you the whole way, down to the bolded part.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm thinking Roode wins the series. Afterwards, I think that if the plan is for Roode to win the World Title then Beer Money will remain as a sporadic tag team. Both will go their own seperate ways without the whole 'break-up' angle. And if their singles pushes do fail they can always reform. I don't see one of the two winning the title only for the other one to screw them over after the match. Firstly, it'd be too obvious and secondly, I don't think Roode Vs Storm has enough star power to main event the next few PPVs after BFG.

If the plan is for Roode not to win the World Title, then I have a feeling Storm will screw him out of the main event match with Angle and we'll then get a Roode/Storm feud culminating in their final grudge match being a number 1 contendership match and then the winner winning the World Title at a later PPV.

If I was running things, I'd go for the latter angle. Everyone on these forums seems dead set on the winner of the series going onto win the World Title but if the winner of the series were then to get screwed out of his opportunity, it'd create a feeling similar to AJ Styles winning at No Surrender, when either one finally does get the gold. Also, Roode/Storm to me aren't fully established enough as singles wrestlers to lead the company. Sure they've both had singles runs in the past but they've been a tag team for 3 years now, it's only really been since the BFG series that anyone has seriously considered either one as a singles wrestler. Another reason for going through with the feud is that it gives both a meaningful program afterwards. If Roode were to simply go on and win the series, I'm sure Storm would end up getting lost in the shuffle and probably become a comedy character. The feud, which I think most people want to see would be epic to say the least.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Roode wins the tournament by beating Storm in the final.. Goes on to BFG and wins the title.. celebrates his biggest victory with his best buddy Storm.. Super Kick out of nowhere.. Storm turns heel, Rooode is the champion, next ppv main event = Roode vs Storm. I like this idea and i hope thats what is going to happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts