Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can the WWE do to help the following struggling talent get over and move up the card or should they release any of the following?

Chavo Guerrero Should he be now used as the heel talent to put over the face stars or should he be placed with Vickie and given a push?

Chris Masters I feel he needs to become a heel again and have new music and a new heel look to get over because as a face he is going nowhere.

Curt Hawkins They need to give him backstage promos or video promos promting his return and building him up as a cocky heel but has the talent in the ring.

Joey Mercury How should he be used when he is back from his injury? or should be be released again?

JTG I beleive JTG should changed his music and inring look and try building him up again under a new gimmick.

Trent Barreta I feel the WWE should remove him from the Smackdown roster and build him up again in FCW under a new name, look and gimmick and let him be the Champion in FCW and allow him to work on his promos.

Does anyone agree with any of the above and is there any other talent on Smackdown which could do with being booked differently?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
don't really think ANY of them are worth moving up the card, tbh. not past midcard status, anyway.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Chavo - He can be used in the midcard, because he good in ring. I don;t see him winning any titles anymore.
Hawkins - Team up with Barretta
Barretta - Team up with Hawkins
Joey Mercury - Repack him in FCW
Chris Masters - Let him win some matches, the crowd seems to like the guy
JTG - jobber to the stars or a release. I don;t care for him at all

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Baretta and Hawkins would make a good tag team. Chavo SHOULD be higher on the card, and a decent midcard talent, but the ship has probably sailed on that. He's by no means going to be a part of a youth movement, and they should be looking at Kingston, Ziggler, Kaval, Rhodes, McIntyre etc at this stage.

The rest of them are good enhancement talent or Superstars regulars. No need to release them, they can do a job, but they don't necessarily need or would benefit the product by getting a push. Chris Masters could be used to effectively put over the midcard heels though.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chavo - He can be used in the midcard, because he good in ring. I don;t see him winning any titles anymore.
Hawkins - Team up with Barretta
Barretta - Team up with Hawkins
Joey Mercury - Repack him in FCW
Chris Masters - Let him win some matches, the crowd seems to like the guy
JTG - jobber to the stars or a release. I don;t care for him at all
Moonlight_drive do you think Chris Masters is over how he is now or needs some improvement?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Baretta and Hawkins would make a good tag team. Chavo SHOULD be higher on the card, and a decent midcard talent, but the ship has probably sailed on that. He's by no means going to be a part of a youth movement, and they should be looking at Kingston, Ziggler, Kaval, Rhodes, McIntyre etc at this stage.

The rest of them are good enhancement talent or Superstars regulars. No need to release them, they can do a job, but they don't necessarily need or would benefit the product by getting a push. Chris Masters could be used to effectively put over the midcard heels though.

I agree with you but it's worrying looking at fcw and there aren't a lot of talent which could be called up to replace the above talent, maybe Tyler Black so i feel it's better the wwe does something with them and make them have a bigger impact on the Smackdown show then what they are currently doing.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Masters is great. They should push him immediately. I don't care whether he's a face or heel.

JTG is a high-energy crowd favorite. I could definately see him sticking around as part of some tag team. It's a shame they ever did away with Cryme Tyme in the first place. He was great in that role. He's a modernized Scotty 2 Hotty, if nothing else. He could definately be utilized in a tag team for a few years.

Hawkins and Barretta are vastly overrated. I wouldn't mind seeing them put in a significant role, just to see if they're able to carry their weight. Right now, I'm just not seeing enough.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
What can the WWE do to help the following struggling talent get over and move up the card or should they release any of the following?

Chavo Guerrero Should he be now used as the heel talent to put over the face stars or should he be placed with Vickie and given a push?
Face turn against Vickie. A help a nephew out sort of thing. Have him off tv for a couple of months then barge into Vickes office demand to get used. Have him fight for a job then build from there get a nice little winning streak going and you could probably get an I.C title run out of him if the fans take to it.

Chris Masters I feel he needs to become a heel again and have new music and a new heel look to get over because as a face he is going nowhere.
Needs to be in a storyline Anything will do. have a Masters losing angle like they did with MVP

Curt Hawkins They need to give him backstage promos or video promos promting his return and building him up as a cocky heel but has the talent in the ring.
Tag team wrestling.

Joey Mercury How should he be used when he is back from his injury? or should be be released again?
Could probably get a nice blow off match between him and Morrison a jealousy angle should Morrison get a World title shot have Mercury cost him the match. Doubt it would be enough to get anyone to care about him though.

JTG I beleive JTG should changed his music and inring look and try building him up again under a new gimmick.
Can't see him doing much other than being enhancement Release him and let him go be TNA world champion

Trent Barreta I feel the WWE should remove him from the Smackdown roster and build him up again in FCW under a new name, look and gimmick and let him be the Champion in FCW and allow him to work on his promos.
Bring back the dudebusters

Does anyone agree with any of the above and is there any other talent on Smackdown which could do with being booked differently?
Good thread.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Chavo should only be enhancement talent at this point of his career. JTG and Joey Mercury, i don't see much in both of them, so i don't mind if they're used as jobbers. Trent, Hawkins, and Masters are all decent talents but they still can wait few more years to move up the card because SD's midcard is pretty stacked right now.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Masters is legit one of the best workers WWE has atm. All he needs is the oppurtunity to have more of his Superstars matches on Smackdown to a larger audience and a decent midcard rivalry with someone like Ziggler and he can go from there. He's pretty over with the crowd from his first spell when he was on Raw and he's the best limb seller bar Danielson and maybe Christian the company has.

JTG was good as part of Cryme Tyme. Cant see a future for him as a singles guy though. Sucks that decent workers like him wont ever get anywhere cause WWE doesn't care for tag team wrestling. Hawkins and Baretta are in similar positions. Good wrestlers but not necceserily capable of carrying a strong singles match on their own. They were both part of The Dudebusters in FCW so they've got experience as a team.

Chavo and Mercury are both too old now to warrant a singles push. Either use them to teach some of the younger, more green workers the ropes working against them or as part of a tag.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Bottom Line for the Younger Talent : We need to see them.

Whether they win or they lose, we / the crowd needs to see them in action and go from there. See what they can do. If you are not given a chance or pushed down our throats, we don't know who you are or what you are all about.

If we are talking about Chris Masters, I have no problem having him represent the midcard. I think he's pretty underrated nowadays because of what he's done in the past. I think he deserves one more chance.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
trent barreta is a good name and he's already labeled everything with 'trent?'

he has a great look and plays his gimmick perfectly

yes he should be fcw champion

his promos are okay, could be better though.

there's nothing for trent in fcw, he barely wrestles on it anymore.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
trent barreta is a good name and he's already labeled everything with 'trent?'

he has a great look and plays his gimmick perfectly

yes he should be fcw champion

his promos are okay, could be better though.

there's nothing for trent in fcw, he barely wrestles on it anymore.

I'd like to see Trent built up and Fued with Dolph for the IC Title. I just don't want to see him wasted on Superstars.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
future endeavored

1 - 20 of 49 Posts