Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 3688 Posts

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Don't read much Flash. Does everyone know his real identity in the beginning?

I'm gonna check out Gotham soon Kingpin. I think this pilot was just ok, I hope Gotham isn't that bad.

Edit: the guy is Zoom? Marked for Miller as Captain Cold :mark:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Man you guys are making me leary as to if I wanna check this out or not.

I ll probably check it out though & hope u guys was just fucking with me.

I enjoyed Gothams pilot but I wasnt Like blown away

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. Mordon should have had alot more dialogue, though. Some cheezy here and there but Flash has always been along the lines of Spider Man with the cheezy lines.

I didn't think Detective West would know his secret considering this is the perfect series to do the usual "police vs vigilante" concept but I'm glad they are making this the polar opposite to Arrow.

I really loved the Gorilla Grodd easter egg. It seems to me like a certain professor could Grodd as the main villain before finally revealing himself after Barry continues to fulfill his 'destiny'.

Very solid pilot premiere. The series really kicks off next week, though. I'm truly excited. Flash has never had a properly detailed animated or TV series like Batman and Superman. This could hopefully be the start of a terrific depiction of an underrated comic.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Anyone catch the crisis on infinate earths Easter egg. Also nice to see the classic red and gold suit in that small news clipping

·
KO
5,432 Posts
Did the aired pilot differ from the one we've seen before? I don't want to sit through the same thing for 40 minutes, but I want to know if anything's changed.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Never really been that big on Flash but really enjoyed the pilot and will definitely be watching the rest of the season to see how it all develops

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

·
#BAYBAY
20,306 Posts
TVLine.com said:
Barry Allen is no Flash in the pan.

The CW’s new superhero series on Tuesday night debuted to 4.5 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, marking the network’s most watched and highest rated series launch since The Vampire Diaries circa 2009 (4.9 mil/2.1).

Of note, The Flash grew in both measures over the course of the hour.

The Flash‘s quick start — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “A-“ — was up sharply from The Originals‘ year-ago premiere in the Tuesday lead-off spot (2 mil/0.9), and it even bested sire Arrow‘s own launch numbers (4.1 mil/1.3). All told, it stands as The CW’s third-best series premiere ever.
Good start.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts
I really liked the show. Probably not going to post here very much because I don't read comics and there will obviously be some spoilers. For example I don't have a clue what happened to his mom (OK maybe I do have a clue but I don't actually know). Anyway I liked most of the supporting cast, it had time travel which is always intriguing, and the Marsha/Greg Brady Bunch fantasy was pretty funny.

Also if they're going to do crossovers with Arrow I pretty much have to watch it anyway...

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,488 Posts
Re: Warner Bros. Announces 'The Flash' TV Series

I liked it. It was pretty great overall. Barry, Joe, Iris, Eddie, and Wells were all great. Good origin episode but a little too showy with Barry's childhood. The show was the bad kind of technobabbly and cheesy at times, but it's a CW show so I consider it a win that the episode was great. I'll be watching the series unless it just becomes terrible.

Disappointed they wasted Weather Wizard (I hope he isn't dead) but the actor was meh and his powers were not showcased well.

Is black. That means they are either following New 52 where Wally is black or DC knew the show was going to do this and followed suit. Either way...fpalm. Can I please just live in a world where Wally West is played by Ryan Gosling in a movie? The actress is pretty hott tho. Her dad is a good character on the show too tho except for the argument after Barry encountered Mardon for the first time.

Eobard Thawne as a cop? Wells (who is definitely going to be a Hunter Zolomon character) from the future or has knowledge of the future? Why reverse the backstories?! No no no. The reason Hunter Zolomon was such an interesting and amazing character is because of the close relationship he had with Flash and the reason why he became the archenemy of Wally West. It seems the Eddie character is basically Zolomon except in name.

It seemed obvious from the getgo that Wells was going to be Zolomon or similar since he was in a wheelchair (something they should have given to Eddie Thawne after being injured in the season 1 finale or something and becomes paralyzed), but to have him not be really paralyzed kind of ruins any impact the Hunter Zolomon story has (and means they probably won't do it for Eddie).

GRODD :mark:

Too bad they are probably going to have his backstory be "he became a metahuman gorilla because of the explosion". Lame.

The Taylor Lautner stunt double is fucking terrible. Danielle Panabaker tho :mark:. Hope she doesn't become a villain like her New 52 counterpart. Did they watch an episode of SHIELD and think "we need two nerdy scientists as sidekicks...can we get Taylor Lautner for the show?"

They better have some amazing payoff to basically spoiling or ruining the impact of finding out Barry and Thawne (or Wells in this case? Fuck if I know how they are going to play this out with Zoom) were involved or the storyline of Thawne (fuck, or Wells?) killing Nora. Too bad they went with that storyline because it was a stupid arc from a not so great run from Johns. Oh well, maybe they'll get around not having Batman on Arrow or Flash by having Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint crossover into Barry's universe when Thawne (oh for fucks sake...or Wells) kills Nora.

I hope Arrow makes more appearances. I liked that scene with Amell. They already have most of Batman's rogue gallery on Arrow so who knows what else Flash will be getting besides his own. If they have Flash and Arrow already, I wouldn't mind seeing a Kyle Rayner Green Lantern series or some of the JSA from Smallville showing up.

I've already mentioned how stupid it was for Wells to be walking and possibly an Eobard Thawne character (not to be confused with the actual Eddie Thawne on the show...who is really Hunter Zolomon....sigh), but the "Crisis" tease was either terrible long planning or they have an ace up their sleeves. Sadly, I bet one of the season arcs will be Barry trying to prevent it and succeeding (only to bring on something worse) or failing and bringing on the "Crisis" but it not being as bad as it was hinted to be. The only way fans will be happy with them doing a "Crisis" is if they have Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, whoever else to stop a major threat like the Anti-Monitor or Darkseid. But WB said they won't mix their movie-verse with the TV-verse so none of the major actors and they probably wouldn't have the Flash showrunners have Batman or Superman on the show. Even if they could get Tom Welling (god I hope not, cast a new Clark) to appear, it's not going to live up to expectations since they probably won't even try and use Supes, Bats, or much more.

Not a spoiler, but I fucking hope they don't screw up The Rogues. I liked the pilot, but I'm not getting my hopes up they won't fuck up or properly adapt Captain Cold (Snart), Mirror Master (hope it is McCulloch), and Captain Boomerang (Digger). They've already kind of ruined
Hunter Zolomon (...I mean Eddie Thawne...fml).
My original post when the pilot leaked. All the good and stupid shit.

161 - 180 of 3688 Posts