Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 3688 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Re: Warner Bros. Announces 'The Flash' TV Series

Amazing trailer. Not happy with the timeslot but I'll deal with it. Tuesdays are not a bad night. Mondays and Thursdays are the nights you wanna avoid.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

From someone who really hates this idea, trailer looks kinda badass. I'll watch the pilot and see what I think.

WB has already stated that they are going to keep the movies away from the tv shows. They have their movie universe, and their tv show universe.

You won't see Stephen Amell or Grant Gustin in the Zack Snyder Justice League.
This makes me angry.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

WB has already stated that they are going to keep the movies away from the tv shows. They have their movie universe, and their tv show universe.

You won't see Stephen Amell or Grant Gustin in the Zack Snyder Justice League.
eh that's a shame.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts

Looks pretty good. I'll give it a shot. I just wish they hadn't went with Geoff Johns retcon of Barry's mom being murdered when he was a kid. Not every superhero has to have someone they love die to become a hero. It's a cliche. The Flash isn't Batman and he doesn't need to be.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,356 Posts

Successful as Arrow? Arrow gets like 3 million viewers an episode. The CW network isn't a big one. Neither Arrow nor Flash will ever have a big audience due to that fact, hence why you cannot really connect it with the movies.
I think 3 million viewers is a huge success for the CW. For whatever reason their shows just don't get the ratings like shows on NBC, ABC, CBS, or FOX get.

I'm not a big Arrow fan so I may have overestimated the success of the show. I guess I came to that conclusion because personally, I know ALOT of people who watch it and because of that I assumed it was very popular.

Regardless though I don't think the fact that you don't have this gigantic number of people watching the show should necessarily keep the studios from bringing him into the movies. Flash imo, is well known enough to where you don't really need a huge name to make money off the character, especially if he's presented well in the Justice League movie and gains popularity through that. Plus bringing him into the movies could help his show out a great deal since he'd get even more exposure that way.

I think if you were to go with a completely new actor for Flash in the movies it may divide alot of fans that way which could hurt it's success. Unless of course they go with a different Flash and use Wally for the movies instead, and keep Barry for TV.

And isn't the CW local?
I think Arrow has a really good demographic of viewers which is also really good for the CW.

Interesting that the whole first episode was leaked. I don't think I'll watch it yet because I don't really want to watch an episode and then have to wait like 2 or 3 months for the next one.

I'm fine with whatever time slot it gets really because I generally just download the show anyway and watch it whenever I want from my computer. As long as they don't put it in a crowded time slot where it won't do well I will be happy.

60,000 Posts

I think 3 million viewers is a huge success for the CW. For whatever reason their shows just don't get the ratings like shows on NBC, ABC, CBS, or FOX get.

I think Arrow has a really good demographic of viewers which is also really good for the CW.

Interesting that the whole first episode was leaked. I don't think I'll watch it yet because I don't really want to watch an episode and then have to wait like 2 or 3 months for the next one.

I'm fine with whatever time slot it gets really because I generally just download the show anyway and watch it whenever I want from my computer. As long as they don't put it in a crowded time slot where it won't do well I will be happy.

I watched it. I enjoyed it a lot, but it definitely follows the retcon of Barry's past. I wont spoil it, but the ending left me,as a long time Flash fan,wanting to see more. It does suck to have to wait until fall now.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Whoa can't believe I missed that they released a 5min trailer for this fpalm. Just watched said trailer and I have to say I'm really excited about this one, looks really slick and well done. Arrow is always so good storyline wise for me so I hope this follows suit.

The funny thing is that with all these rumours about DC keeping the series Universe and Movie Universe separate, wouldn't it be funny if the series universe turned out better and more acclaimed by fans than the movie universe?

I don't think I'll seek out the leaked episode though, the waiting for episode 2 would drive me off the deep end.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Oh shit. The pilot hints at a future villain that I thought they would never use.

Pretty good overall. It did feel a little rushed and had your typical CW soapness to it at times.

·
Premium Member
5,840 Posts

Am the only one who is more excited about Danielle Panabaker being Caitlin Snow???

I think she'll be the best part about this show...

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,464 Posts

I liked it. It was pretty great overall. Barry, Joe, Iris, Eddie, and Wells were all great. Good origin episode but a little too showy with Barry's childhood. The show was the bad kind of technobabbly and cheesy at times, but it's a CW show so I consider it a win that the episode was great. I'll be watching the series unless it just becomes terrible.

Disappointed they wasted Weather Wizard (I hope he isn't dead) but the actor was meh and his powers were not showcased well.

Is black. That means they are either following New 52 where Wally is black or DC knew the show was going to do this and followed suit. Either way...fpalm. Can I please just live in a world where Wally West is played by Ryan Gosling in a movie? The actress is pretty hott tho. Her dad is a good character on the show too tho except for the argument after Barry encountered Mardon for the first time.

Eobard Thawne as a cop? Wells (who is definitely going to be a Hunter Zolomon character) from the future or has knowledge of the future? Why reverse the backstories?! No no no. The reason Hunter Zolomon was such an interesting and amazing character is because of the close relationship he had with Flash and the reason why he became the archenemy of Wally West. It seems the Eddie character is basically Zolomon except in name.

It seemed obvious from the getgo that Wells was going to be Zolomon or similar since he was in a wheelchair (something they should have given to Eddie Thawne after being injured in the season 1 finale or something and becomes paralyzed), but to have him not be really paralyzed kind of ruins any impact the Hunter Zolomon story has (and means they probably won't do it for Eddie).

GRODD :mark:

Too bad they are probably going to have his backstory be "he became a metahuman gorilla because of the explosion". Lame.

The Taylor Lautner stunt double is fucking terrible. Danielle Panabaker tho :mark:. Hope she doesn't become a villain like her New 52 counterpart. Did they watch an episode of SHIELD and think "we need two nerdy scientists as sidekicks...can we get Taylor Lautner for the show?"

They better have some amazing payoff to basically spoiling or ruining the impact of finding out Barry and Thawne (or Wells in this case? Fuck if I know how they are going to play this out with Zoom) were involved or the storyline of Thawne (fuck, or Wells?) killing Nora. Too bad they went with that storyline because it was a stupid arc from a not so great run from Johns. Oh well, maybe they'll get around not having Batman on Arrow or Flash by having Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint crossover into Barry's universe when Thawne (oh for fucks sake...or Wells) kills Nora.

I hope Arrow makes more appearances. I liked that scene with Amell. They already have most of Batman's rogue gallery on Arrow so who knows what else Flash will be getting besides his own. If they have Flash and Arrow already, I wouldn't mind seeing a Kyle Rayner Green Lantern series or some of the JSA from Smallville showing up.

I've already mentioned how stupid it was for Wells to be walking and possibly an Eobard Thawne character (not to be confused with the actual Eddie Thawne on the show...who is really Hunter Zolomon....sigh), but the "Crisis" tease was either terrible long planning or they have an ace up their sleeves. Sadly, I bet one of the season arcs will be Barry trying to prevent it and succeeding (only to bring on something worse) or failing and bringing on the "Crisis" but it not being as bad as it was hinted to be. The only way fans will be happy with them doing a "Crisis" is if they have Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, whoever else to stop a major threat like the Anti-Monitor or Darkseid. But WB said they won't mix their movie-verse with the TV-verse so none of the major actors and they probably wouldn't have the Flash showrunners have Batman or Superman on the show. Even if they could get Tom Welling (god I hope not, cast a new Clark) to appear, it's not going to live up to expectations since they probably won't even try and use Supes, Bats, or much more.

Not a spoiler, but I fucking hope they don't screw up The Rogues. I liked the pilot, but I'm not getting my hopes up they won't fuck up or properly adapt Captain Cold (Snart), Mirror Master (hope it is McCulloch), and Captain Boomerang (Digger). They've already kind of ruined
Hunter Zolomon (...I mean Eddie Thawne...fml).

·
Standing with The Man
5,986 Posts

Anyone else notice it was John Wesley Shipp playing his father?

I quite enjoyed this pilot but it felt rushed in places overall I'm going to give it chance like I did with Arrow, Arrow became one my favorite shows half way through season 1 so hopefully The Flash will too.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts

Okay...how the hell have some of you already watched the pilot?

·
Registered
151 Posts

So they hinted at Grodd. How the hell can they do that well given a CW budget?

So the 2024 newspaper with the Wayne Tech name drop. Interesting to say the least. I guess we'll get a TV Bats at some point? I know a lot of people want a shared universe with films, but that'd never work in a million years. I'm sure I'll love this Flash TV show going forward, but I don't want Gustin or anyone else I've seen on the show anywhere near a Flash film

101 - 120 of 3688 Posts