Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3688 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Re: Warner Bros. Announces 'The Flash' TV Series

Cowl is cool but the rest is just a train wreck. They couldn't write something where he stole a prototype suit from S.T.A.R. labs or something

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

I'm thinking season 2 he will get a more traditional suit. Like arrow in season 2. I still don't have high hopes for the show. Gustin was dreadful on arrow

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

I dunno I thought he was ok, different is a better word really
He seemed like a Andrew Garfield wannabe to me. Not different at all IMO

·
#63notout
4,196 Posts

Yeah, this is well... :deandre I think you might be on to something with the Andrew Garfield thing, dude does look a lot more like spider-man more than he does Barry Allen.

I have a theory that Arrow worked so well partially because Arrow is a sort of minor character in the DC Universe, and then play around with that, where as Flash is in DC'S top characters, and deserves to have his own movie. I don't think TV special effects/TV budget is going to help out with the speed to look good at all as well.

Sorta brings me back to when they tried to do a Wonder Woman tv couple of years back that failed hard.

:deandre :deandre :deandre

·
40,752 Posts

Why can't it just be fucking bright red? I mean superhero costumes always look ridiculous. Just go all out and stop trying to "tone" it down.

So yeah, this Flash looks like shit.

·
Standing with The Man
6,082 Posts

Why can't it just be fucking bright red? I mean superhero costumes always look ridiculous. Just go all out and stop trying to "tone" it down.

The suit ties in with look and tone of Arrow and it's atmosphere, it makes sense to me having it this way as they already said there will be crossover between the shows.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

That mesh really bothers me

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

realism son.

its the most important thing in any superhero movie

keeping the suit stupid looking yet realistic will help suspend disbelief in a movie about some fucker who spills chemicals on himself while getting hit by lightening and turning into the a guy who can run faster than the speed of sound

·
40,752 Posts

Don't forget dark and gritty and broody. More pouches too pls.

That red actually makes it look less ridiculous. So more is less with superhero costumes. Cap looks good on film and his is one of the more over the top designs.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts

yeah but they seem to be switching to the secret avengers costume for most of winter soldier

kinda annoys me

i really dont understand this obsession with realism. why would everyone want superheroes realistic? i thought the entire point of superheroes is that theyre NOT realistic

41 - 60 of 3688 Posts