Wrestling Forum banner

3681 - 3688 of 3688 Posts

·
Registered
23,486 Posts
Wow, what an emotional episode last night.

That episode last night was the 1st time in awhile that a Flash episode got me that invested. Grant Gustin, who I would say of the Big 3 of the Arrowverse actors feels like the weakest, really brought it last night.

That whole "dream" sequence he had, he really showed how tortured he was in that moment. Wanting desperately to hold his baby daughter even though he knew it wasn't real, phasing through the heart of the speed force that just happened to look like his mother, making him look exactly like Thawne, was such an image.

And while I know Barry will be fine by the end of the episode next week, stuff like this really has me intrigued going into the Crisis crossover.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
That damn dinner table scene was straight out of horror movie/twilight zone stuff man. Gave me the creeps.

That ending of the episode was so good. Been a long time since I'm excited over the Flash having given up on the show a while back. Only happened to watched this episode by chance after watching this week's Arrow. So glad I didn't switched shows. Is this season the same quality or is this episode the exception? Arrow has been really good this season due to Crisis, is it the same for the Flash?

·
Registered
23,486 Posts
That damn dinner table scene was straight out of horror movie/twilight zone stuff man. Gave me the creeps.

That ending of the episode was so good. Been a long time since I'm excited over the Flash having given up on the show a while back. Only happened to watched this episode by chance after watching this week's Arrow. So glad I didn't switched shows. Is this season the same quality or is this episode the exception? Arrow has been really good this season due to Crisis, is it the same for the Flash?
Flash has been.....fine this season?

Like, not as good as S1 or S1, but nowhere near as bad S3. In the middle really. It's all basically been set up for Crisis. They've got another Wells in there too, who I like.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Flash has been.....fine this season?

Like, not as good as S1 or S1, but nowhere near as bad S3. In the middle really. It's all basically been set up for Crisis. They've got another Wells in there too, who I like.
I didn't mind S3. *shrug* Savitar had a good build up and was a good big bad until they revealed his dumb plans. :lol

Gave up near the end of season 4 though. Too many dumb gimmicks throughout that season.

Guess I can catch up during the break after crisis if you say it's fine.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
I didn't mind S3. *shrug* Savitar had a good build up and was a good big bad until they revealed his dumb plans. :lol

Gave up near the end of season 4 though. Too many dumb gimmicks throughout that season.

Bloodwork has really bought a lot of tv horror element stuff this season. Not jump scares more unsettling disturbing moments. There's been light hearted moments given crisis happening.

Honestly an improvement

·
Registered
23,486 Posts

S3 failed to me because they tried to be too dark and too heavy with their story and the drama was completely overplayed. And then in S4, because of the backlash, they went so far in the other direction where they made the show too goofy to compensate.

S5 (while not great) and S6 have at least gotten somewhat back to what made the show so good in S1 and S2. Which having a good mix of drama, likeable characters, and some comedy thrown in.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Bloodwork has really bought a lot of tv horror element stuff this season. Not jump scares more unsettling disturbing moments. There's been light hearted moments given crisis happening.

Honestly an improvement
Nice. Glad to see other shows in this universe taking risks besides Legends.

S3 failed to me because they tried to be too dark and too heavy with their story and the drama was completely overplayed. And then in S4, because of the backlash, they went so far in the other direction where they made the show too goofy to compensate.

S5 (while not great) and S6 have at least gotten somewhat back to what made the show so good in S1 and S2. Which having a good mix of drama, likeable characters, and some comedy thrown in.
Eh. I think season 3 got too much hate because people got upset their theories over the identity of Savitar didn't pan out. The dark and heavy aspect wasn't the issue. I think the main issue was Iris and Barry's relationship started to become overbearing from this season that became unbearable in season 4.

Season 4 gave everybody meta powers, cringe fake feminism, and had a stupid motivation for the big bad. The acting was the only redeemable factor for most of the season. It was the only season I didn't finish after watching most of it.

3681 - 3688 of 3688 Posts