Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 220 of 3688 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I would Mark so hard if Powers Boothe was voicing Grodd. I mean he just had that perfect voice.
I still think Wells is Dr Zoom. Who else would have had the tech 11 years before that to be the guy to kill Barrys mom

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
This episode was better than last weeks. Gustin isn't a bad actor. He's good at conveying emotion but he is still wrong for Barry Allen

·
KO
5,430 Posts
I liked the episode a lot. Also, Stagg dead in one episode? So no Metamorpho? :(

I really do wonder however who Wells is... I'm gonna go ahead and assume that we're going with the "Flash traveled back in time to save his mother, so Wells (Zoom?) went back as well, to make sure Flash (and thus, Zoom) was created" story, but I'm not sure.

·
Tick Tock
5,730 Posts
I enjoyed this episode, I loved the scene with all the clones! Reminded me of the Matrix Burly Brawl

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I liked the episode a lot. Also, Stagg dead in one episode? So no Metamorpho? :(

I really do wonder however who Wells is... I'm gonna go ahead and assume that we're going with the "Flash traveled back in time to save his mother, so Wells (Zoom?) went back as well, to make sure Flash (and thus, Zoom) was created" story, but I'm not sure.
I'd love to if they go canon!Metamorpho but since he most likely would have been somewhere around Central City, no Egypt for him :side: But I'm pretty sure he will appear anyway.

As for Wells, I'm pretty sure that he is Zoom. Though I'm interested in how exactly would he (if he really is Zolomon) and Thawne be portrayed to lead to their original incarnations. One thing that kinda bugs me is that comic-wise it was Zolomon who worked in Keystone Police but it's a small thing really, we don't actually know absolutely anything about either of them. Wells' line that "The fastest man alive must be kept safe" certainly left me even more intrigued as to how Wells is involved in the grand scheme.

As for the episode overall, it was pretty great and I really hope they continue to keep it on such level, because most shows get fucked up either half way through the first season or from the second season onward. I'm not certain about Iris becoming like Lois Lane and writing articles about the Flash; considering that she was purposefully changed from journalist to criminal psychologist for exactly this reason, I just hope they don't go overboard with it or even have her put herself in dangerous situations just so she can find out about the Flash. :side:

Those Barry/Joe scenes :(

Ahh, one side of me wants to continue see Barry as he learns more about his powers and another just wants already established Rogues and Flash :lol

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
I'd love to if they go canon!Metamorpho but since he most likely would have been somewhere around Central City, no Egypt for him :side: But I'm pretty sure he will appear anyway.

As for Wells, I'm pretty sure that he is Zoom. Though I'm interested in how exactly would he (if he really is Zolomon) and Thawne be portrayed to lead to their original incarnations. One thing that kinda bugs me is that comic-wise it was Zolomon who worked in Keystone Police but it's a small thing really, we don't actually know absolutely anything about either of them. Wells' line that "The fastest man alive must be kept safe" certainly left me even more intrigued as to how Wells is involved in the grand scheme.
How legit is the DCwikia page? Because I did find this the other day

"Edward Clariss was a professor at the university attended by the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. He believed he had recreated the formula that gave Garrick his speed.

Bitter at the rejection of his claims by the scientific community, Clariss became a criminal, wearing a darker version of the Flash's outfit. His version of the formula, however, proved to be temporary, and he was defeated when it was expended. He reappeared a few months later, and in battling the Flash, reached light speed and vanished.

Both Clariss and the Second Reverse-Flash recreated the events that gave their respective counterparts their powers, gaining super-speed of their own."

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
How legit is the DCwikia page? Because I did find this the other day

"Edward Clariss was a professor at the university attended by the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. He believed he had recreated the formula that gave Garrick his speed.

Bitter at the rejection of his claims by the scientific community, Clariss became a criminal, wearing a darker version of the Flash's outfit. His version of the formula, however, proved to be temporary, and he was defeated when it was expended. He reappeared a few months later, and in battling the Flash, reached light speed and vanished.

Both Clariss and the Second Reverse-Flash recreated the events that gave their respective counterparts their powers, gaining super-speed of their own."
The page is legit. The presence of so many Reverse-Flashes does give a lot of possibilities of who Wells and Thawne will turn out to be. I've seen Wells being put as every R-F by some people. :lol As for Thawne though, he has to be the real deal because some say that he could be red herring like Tommy Merlyn was but seeing as this show involves time travel, super speed and Thawne has a dark secret :hmm Though both characters are kinda entwined/switched (if Eddie is the real Professor Zoom) - Thawne had knowledge of the Speed Force (enough to be nicknamed Professor), fell in love with Iris West; Zolomon worked at Keystone Police and "I have taken the name and colors from Eobard Thawne -- the time traveler know as Professor Zoom -- in order to terrorize my friend. Wally West. The Flash. I suffered through tragedy. I lost my family to it. I understand the depths it will drag one down to. And only by surviving it does one become stronger. I will recreate myself to help my friend and in turn -- the world. I will do anything to make the Flash a better hero." Also, we already saw Wells kill because Flash had to be keep "safe"; comics!Professor Zoom travelled back in time to kill everyone who was of inconvenience to him. What do the creators have in mind? :cuss: :side:

I came across a few ideas that I liked on TVTropes:
- Eddie Thawne is an ancestor of Eobard Thawne - Eddie isn't Professor Zoom, but his descendant is. Eobard killed Barry's mom as revenge for what he did (or what he'll do) to his ancestor and ruining the Thawne family. But all he did is create a Predestination Paradox (the "changes" you're making to the past were what "already" happened anyway.)
- Zoom traveled back in time to kill Barry's mother - Eventually, Barry will go back in time to try to save her. The super-speed battle between him and Zoom created the red and yellow lightning young Barry saw around his mother. And to add to the sense of tragedy and triumph, Barry will get to talk to his mom. It will turn out that his mother's cries of "Don't let him touch you!" were an order to an adult Flash, meaning that his mom knowingly sacrificed her life to save him.
- Eddie Thawne will not be Professor Zoom - Instead of him being Zoom he will be Cobalt Blue and kick off the feud between the Allen and Thawne families. The secret in his past that they've mentioned could very well be his criminal family.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I thought that Eboard could have been Eddies decanted as well makes sense to me at least

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
The clones thing was pretty damn cool. I always hate the part of the show where the hero has to doubt himself and just wants to pout. Gotta get through that those since it seems to be a trope that can't be avoided for whatever reason.

·
Lurking. Always lurking.
4,725 Posts
I never read the comics, so Flash and his rogues are somewhat of a ? for me. That being said, that just means I don't have to worry about them fucking up favorite characters because, well, I don't have any. 2 eps in and thusfar I'm liking it. Especially the (seasonal/main)villain being revealed quite early on works for me, this way I can simply revel in his evilness and whatnot.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I never read the comics, so Flash and his rogues are somewhat of a ? for me. That being said, that just means I don't have to worry about them fucking up favorite characters because, well, I don't have any. 2 eps in and thusfar I'm liking it. Especially the (seasonal/main)villain being revealed quite early on works for me, this way I can simply revel in his evilness and whatnot.
Even if you read the comics, it can seem like a clusterfuck with all that time traveling :lmao

I just hope that Wells doesn't get blown off half way through the season and Thawne to become the main villain :side: Even though comics-wise, he's the arch-enemy. I'm enjoying Wells quite much and this whole "needs to keep the Flash safe" is just making me go :mark: :lol

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts
I feel the same way about it. And Flash isn't this iconic character that you just know what he's supposed to be like. I've never read comics but you still have this idea of what Batman or Superman is supposed to feel like. I can't say that about any Flash character or even the city they are in. Makes things a lot more enjoyable and it's not like there is one concrete source material that you can look at either to see what everything is supposed to be like.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The question I ask who had the tech 11 years before Barry became flash who would have had the tech to kill his mom

If I understand your question right...

Whichever Reverse-Flash killed Barry's mom came from the future so 1) Speed Force; 2) but most likely has used Cosmic Treadmill, which I doubt Barry would build as he did in canon; but which obviously would come into existence since Barry becomes the Flash, so I'm thinking the creation of it would be around 2024 as the pre-Crisis Treadmill allows travel into parallel universes and as such could be tied into the "Red Sky Crisis" :hmm:

"since the treadmill needs a speedster in order to function, in many stories a working one can be found inside the Flash Museum. Since few people have the speed to have it work, it is usually seen as an exhibit, though at times it has been stored in the archives."
If those things make it to canon, Reverse-Flash easily had access to it and used it to come back and kill Nora Allen.

All just speculation though :(

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
The question I ask who had the tech 11 years before Barry became flash who would have had the tech to kill his mom

Well that guy could actually be from the future. A physics rule that I know nothing about says that you can go back in time if you run fast enough, so yeah, you got the idea

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,487 Posts
Why isn't Geoff Johns writing every episode? They need to have villain-centric episodes where it's 90% just the villain and doesn't have Flash or any of his side characters involved. Just some good villainy.

201 - 220 of 3688 Posts