Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 3688 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
It was a really solid pilot episode. I am hooked and I loved the cliffhanger.

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
Not a huge Flash fan but I enjoyed the pilot and I'll probably tune in next week. I have nothing else to watch on Tuesdays.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Tick Tock
5,730 Posts

The Flash has chosen an actor to play Dr. Martin Stein, the brilliant but arrogant nuclear physicist who finds himself fused with the younger Ronnie Raymond

Alias star Victor Garber (whose other credits include Sleepy Hollow, Louie and The Good Wife) has been cast as Dr. Martin Stein, the other half of Firestorm. He'll make his debut in the first season's twelfth episode and it's described as a recurring role. Variety have an official description of the character in The CW series, confirming that he will indeed become the hero after being bonded with Ronnie. "Martin Stein is described as a brilliant but arrogant nuclear physicist who has sacrified everything, including a marriage, for his work in transmutation. After he discovers the particle accelerator fused him with the younger, more impulsive Ronnie Raymond (Robbie Amell), he races to find a way to separate the two before it’s too late." It's going to be very interesting to see how they handle the character, especially as they're clearly looking at the pre-New 52 Universe as Jason Rusch is currently the other half of Firestorm.
Source

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The first episode was amazing.

I loved pretty much everything from start to finish, which hasn't happened in few years. I liked the main cast, the plot, nothing really wrong (to me at least) in the characterisation. The beauty of the Flash universe is that it's full of colorful characters, it has time travel which could bring up very interesting cliffhangers and plot twists, and legacy characters. Can't wait to see more (actual) Rogues appearing and the group shaping up, plus I'm expecting some possible appearances from Hal Jordan (unless they plan on sticking him straight in a movie?) and while I don't know about the other Flashes, adding someone like Johnny Quick, Jesse Quick/Liberty Belle and Elongated Man would be great.

Firestorm is an interesting addition since I didn't expect many big debuts in the first half of the season aside from the Rogues. And it's possible for the writers to pull an "Arrow" solution to Killer Frost by having her be related in some way to Caitlin Snow and not be her future evil alter ago? Caitlin Snow is after all just a new 52 version of the character who already has two other incarnations that are much more well-known. Expecting Doctor Light from Arrow's "The Man Under the Hood". There is a huge roster to say, from characters that can appear and I can't wait to see who will make the cut. Fingers crossed for JSA members :mark: Gorilla Grodd should be an interesting appearance :lol

The only thing I didn't actually like was the Iris/Eddie romance but it's pretty much set how it will end so no worries there :lol And another minor setback is that they changed the transformation scene from Arrow but I prefer this one anyway.

The reference of the Crisis just made everything about 100x better :banderas

Wonder if we should expect a Crisis adaptation in 2024? :hmm:

IMO -> The Flash's first episode >>>>>>>> Arrow's 47 episodes

Seriously, so hyped :mark: :mark: :mark:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I think your giving too much to the Flash pilot. Arrows a damn good show & its been pretty good imho.
If firestorm gonna be in this i hope he stays in this & doesnt find a Cure to seperate them.

Also I hope we get a badass with the accent Captain boomerang

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
60,001 Posts
I think your giving too much to the Flash pilot. Arrows a damn good show & its been pretty good imho.
If firestorm gonna be in this i hope he stays in this & doesnt find a Cure to seperate them.

Also I hope we get a badass with the accent Captain boomerang

Felicity Smokeshow gives Arrow the edge right now. Flash needs to up their babe game.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I've been disappointed with Arrow since the first episode and I haven't seen any improvement for me. The only reasons I'm watching is 1) comic book adaptation, even if not 100%, 2) Deathstroke, Huntress, Laurel (especially when she becomes Black Canary) and Deadshot as well as expecting some future appearances - which mind you, have been fucked up beyond belief from their actual comic origins/motivation/personalities and I'm watching them here just for the sake of them not having other (important) TV adaptations (excluding Smallville). They fucked up Roy and made him Thea's boyfriend, original characters like Thea and Sara get much more spotlight than the most important people for Oliver comics-wise, they fucked up Deadshot's motivation in his first appearance, they fucked up Huntress (who is like my second favorite DC character) and so on.

Green Arrow has always been one of my favorite characters and I'm more biased to his potrayal on Smallville; the way they have gone with him here fits a dark TV series but I don't feel actual connection to the source material. But that's just my view - a lot of people continue to praise the show, which I won't do because I'm otherwise disinterested and this pandering to Felicity/Olicity fans :side:

Flash on the other hand is much more light-hearted (which as a Marvel girl prefer :lol, even though I enjoy darker universes but so much angst you can take), has great villains and supporting cast, superpowers, time travel and so on, which is something they obviously will build on (unlike Arrow where non-powered humans are no-no which is fine and interesting concept but ends up being less than well-executed for me). The Arrow pilot lost me in the first five minutes, while Flash kept me the whole 43-44 minutes :shrug

As I said though, this is just how I view the shows and regardless I'm glad that we are getting these adaptations, however much I dislike certain elements.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts
I guess I forgot to post in this thread, but I watched the pilot and really enjoyed it. I've read a few interesting reddit theories about the show based on the first episode alone which sound incredibly intriguing, plausible, and mind-bendingly brilliant. Definitely going to be watching.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
That was a damn good pilot. Im thinking Wells is the reverse flash. I mean who could have the tech before him? Clearly he would have been the first.

It was really good kinda disappointed they offed weather Wizard already

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Great opener episode. Definitely hooked into watching the rest and seeing where it goes!

It does baffle me how DC is capable of having spectacular animated movies and great TV shows, but tends to fail a bit on their movies.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
That was a damn good pilot. Im thinking Wells is the reverse flash. I mean who could have the tech before him? Clearly he would have been the first.

It was really good kinda disappointed they offed weather Wizard already

This wasn't the canonical Weather Wizard. The original is called Mark Mardon and they were referred to as the Mardon brothers, so while it's unknown if it has survived the plane crash like his brother did, it's more than likely. Plus, this will give him a personal motivation for fighting the Flash/Wells.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I hope so i dont wanna see a villain offed in 1 episode.

Borias I actually agree with u. The last Decent Dc movie I seen was The Dark Knight.

Green lantern was grueling, tdkr was meh & Man of steel well Henry Isnt no Chris reeves

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Showrunner Greg Berlanti teases major villain

It was previously reported that Gorilla Grodd would be made with the combination of animatronics and CGI, taking inspiration from the movie Jurassic Park.

Showrunner Greg Berlanti dished out The Flash TV series spoilers to Den of Geek when he said that the evil genius Gorilla Grodd will be hinted within the first seven episodes after his initial tease in the The Flash TV series pilot episode. Greg Berlanti revealed that Gorilla Grodd would be a delicate balance of CGI and animatronics when he told Den of Geek in response to Gorilla Grodd being mostly CGI or animatronics:

"Our visual effects department and production department will kill me if I answer either way, because they both would want claims on how to do it," he said. "My sense is we're gonna do a lot of exploration this year in terms of the technology and what we can pull off."

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/35769/20140904/the-flash-tv-series-spoilers.htm

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
That would be the great Powers Boothe. Not sure if they'd be able to land him, but he was perfect for Grodd in JL.

Grodd is my favourite Flash villain, so it'd be excellent for him to show up.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Another great episode. I loved the scenes between Barry and Joe. Kaitlyn was super huffy bitch at the beginning of the episode but better at the end (and still good to look at). Dr. Wells is still shady as fuck. His motivations are still unclear but we know he's not completely perfect.

181 - 200 of 3688 Posts